web analytics

Our Predicted Lineup Against Norwich City

We see Steve Bruce sending out an unchanged side for Norwich City on Saturday. We think that Sean Longstaff may play in a slightly more advanced role to help link the midfield with the two forwards, who were often left isolated against Arsenal. However, it will still be the same basic 3-5-2 formation that Steve Bruce has used since he joined the club.

Sean Longstaff seemed somewhat stymied against Arsenal. A more advanced role may suit him and the team against Norwich. Isaac Hayden was brought out in the second half last week and played behind Joelinton and Almiron, but that didn’t really work.

Longstaff played in a similar role when on loan at Blackpool. He can serve as a ball-carrier to link with the two forwards as another option to Jonjo Shelvey’s more direct passing.

We don’t think Steve Bruce will drop anyone and a change of formation this early could be seen as a panic signal. Newcastle just need to refine what they did against Arsenal and find ways to improve their play in the final third.

Other than the mistake for the Aubameyang’s goal, the defenders played very well. Therefore, we see all of them retaining their place. We just don’t see a sudden change of tactics at this stage and believe the same team will come out against Norwich.

We also believe that Steve Bruce will add Ki Sung-yueng as a substitute in the place of Ciaran Clark. So the bench will look like this:

Karl Darlow, Jetro Willems, Federico Fernandez, Ki Sung-yueng, Emil Krafth, Allan Saint-Maximin, and Yoshinori Muto.

• Jib

Aug 15, 2019 at 2:44 PM

I’ll probably get slaughtered for this
    but
    I’d rather see Ki than Shelvey

• Toonboy_84

Aug 15, 2019 at 2:44 PM

As “the goal post moved”

dig-n-dig22

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:47 AM

The Phoney posts under a number of aliases GS,Eric,Toon time, we could probably throw in Toonboy 84,Bruce and a few others too. the “Phoney” has turned into a laughing stock.

…………

Why would I be phoney? I have been on here about 5 or 6 years. Maybe more but only just started posting again. Can I ask why you’d bring me into your phoney crap?

• Jib

Aug 15, 2019 at 2:46 PM

Toonboy_84

It saves him having to talk footy
    (which he’s incapable of)

• Mindshaft

Aug 15, 2019 at 2:49 PM

Think Hayden and Longstaff work better than Shelvey / Longstaff although I doubt Bruce will drop Shelvey – I’m really hoping for a win no matter if we play badly and fluke it , we need 3 points as we have some tough games upcoming

• Mindshaft

Aug 15, 2019 at 2:51 PM

Don’t mention the B word… Shhhhh

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 15, 2019 at 2:51 PM

I’d rather see Ki’s Mrs than Shelvey and that’s for sure!!!

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 15, 2019 at 2:52 PM

Hibbit

Couldn’t tell you, I’m not on Twitter, I was told two different stories via friends.

Black cloud is now apparently Tweeting saying the Chronicle have two stories they’re holding back.

One of the stories I was told about involved someone approaching a few different people with info/evidence of a crime and that person was advised to go to the police.

Unsure who advised to go to police.

More than the Chronicle will be aware from my understanding.

If the police are possibly involved I’m saying nowt on here or any social media until it’s out, I’m stupid but I’m not funking stupid.

• Mindshaft

Aug 15, 2019 at 2:53 PM

• toon22

Aug 15, 2019 at 2:55 PM

It’s obvious Jabba thinks he’s too big to fail and the government will help him

Probably when he’s buying shops

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Aug 15, 2019 at 2:55 PM

Sorry folks for the repost, hit submit only to find a new thread… Doh…

Genji from previous…

My conspiracy is the accounts are whiter than white as the only monies that comes directly to the club are TV revenue and advertising (which is minimal and monopolised by SD), I believe (and could be wrong if someone could inform me otherwise if I am and I’d be grateful). The rest of the income goes out through outsourced subsidiaries ie. Tickets, match day experience and merchandise sales for example, I’m definitely no accountant but we don’t make the most of our potential resources as revenue goes through the quagmire of multiple setups with mash holdings… I understand my explanation of my view will probably not make sense to most, this is the problem with Ashley… Lack of transparency and a good use of cryptic and ambiguous statements… My issue isn’t with the money in reality, it’s the disdain us fans are being treated with that boils my piss first and foremost. In this case we should always remain UNITED in name and UNITED in the fight to oust this foul beast of an owner. He is like an antithesis of Road Dahls BFG, except he is the FGB (fat greedy bastard) and steals our dreams rather than help create our dreams!

• swemag

Aug 15, 2019 at 2:56 PM

Will be very interesting to see Almiron and Joelinton against the Norwich defense.

• Reilly

Aug 15, 2019 at 2:56 PM

How serious is this alledged crime op.

• martoon

Aug 15, 2019 at 2:56 PM

Hi guys – I’m still taking Blog Predictions – I’ll probably close this on Friday Evening!
    (Ed, Neil & ‘The Wife’ feel free to have a go)

I’m keeping the categories the same as last year – to remind you they are:
    Final League Position
    Final No. of Points
    League Cup Round (2:Entry, 7:Final)
    FA Cup Round (3:Entry, 8:Final)
    Player of the Season (Blog)
    Top Goal Scorer (League & Cup)
    No. of Goals for Top Goal Scorer

When doing your prediction could you please put martoon in the post – then I can find it easily.

So far I have predictions from:
    martoon
    JohnJ
    cockneymafiaout
    thereallowickmag
    Bruce
    BenbulbenMag
    Markaccus

Apologies if I’ve missed you – just repost and ensure my my name is in it!

• Jib

Aug 15, 2019 at 2:58 PM

Reilly
    Apparently Lee Charnley left Greggs on Gosforth High Street
    without paying for 2 steakbakes !!!!!

• Munster Mag

Aug 15, 2019 at 2:59 PM

Genj, I didnt ask a question of jib re the atmosphere. Im ok with most guys on here apart from a few aggressive knobs . No need to put words in my mouth fella

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Aug 15, 2019 at 3:00 PM

Jib @ 1

I agree with your sentiments here… In fact there was a sensible combo on here with a few guys, think it was (Hail) Ronaldo… And it seemed the general consensus… He’s a very intelligent, organised and versatile baller, something we haven’t got much of in the squad and I think he would be better in a 2 man midfield with Longstaff, that would be our best midfield imo. I don’t like this 3 in the middle with wingbacks I don’t think we have the personnel for the middle of the park… It gets too crowded and we have a tendancy of bypassing the midfield where we have 3 players taken out of the game then.

• hibbit

Aug 15, 2019 at 3:02 PM

OP
    that’s it say nowt till it comes out. then hopefully we will have something to celebrate ?????
    whatever it is it will come out it’s just a matter of time,

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 15, 2019 at 3:06 PM

Reilly

I’d be shitting myself in a certain persons shoes.

If the rumours are true we’ll not need TMG or any of the other groups, the anger from the fanbase will be terminal for the regime.

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Aug 15, 2019 at 3:07 PM

My preferred line up would be:

Dubravka
    Lejeune (RCB) Lascelles (CB) Dummett (LCB)
    Manquillo (RWB) Willems (LWB)
    Longstaff (DCM) Ki (DCM)
    Almiron (ACM)
    St Maximin (SS running the channels to give width and wingback support)
    Joelinton (ST)

That is a solid midfield with Almiron as an outlet too for carrying the ball through the middle and an quality intelligent midfielder in Ki and the athleticism and engine of Longstaff

• cyprus

Aug 15, 2019 at 3:08 PM

I think draw. We’ll win a penalty in the final minute and Some One will miss 😉

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Aug 15, 2019 at 3:10 PM

Is there anywhere we can find something re ‘this crime’… Very interested!!!

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 15, 2019 at 3:10 PM

Munster Mag,
    You used to be alright until Rafa arrived and then you turned in to a complete ball bag.

• hibbit

Aug 15, 2019 at 3:12 PM

OP
    that’s the key “IF TRUE”, till it comes out through some official channel or the press we really don’t have a clue, it’s nowt more than another rumor !!

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 15, 2019 at 3:14 PM

What’s happened to the Sheff Wed compo claim, it looks like, only imo of course is that we’ve paid them the 4M, given Jacob Murphy and told them to keep quiet to hide our embarrassment.

• Genjikai

Aug 15, 2019 at 3:15 PM

Munster
    You talked about a dead zombie atmosphere at sjp last night and said it was going to get us relegated.
    You also went onto say that when are we going back your words the passionate fans.
    You said you were concerned.
    I replied ask jib/billson/ posanda what they are going to do to improve the atmosphere as they were their participating in something they blame someone else for.
    You are asking the wrong people the right questions,
    I would like to know why 45000 of you support the team not the regime but dont support the team when they are asking for it, when arsenal was there for the taking. Maybe a bit of encouragement would of went a long way at the end of the day that’s why you turn up to the match right?

• Online Guy

Aug 15, 2019 at 3:17 PM

Hibbit

Iv just spoke to a Journalist at the chronicle (you know him)

Was told they they don’t have any info on the rumours going around at moment and information that could bring Ashley regime down ..

Had words (heated) on the subject of lies they put out from Charnley .

The opinion is Rafa did not leave for the money.

More to follow.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 15, 2019 at 3:19 PM

Online

I was hoping youd come on, I was going to ask if you knew,anyone there.

Would he be straight up with you?

• Genjikai

Aug 15, 2019 at 3:19 PM

Lascelles
    I agree my friend whiter than white, its the commercial side of sd that is hampering us.
    Never mind all the other clauses he may the club intertwined in.
    Taking libs, no one would even care if he just tried, if we were getting into europe once every 3 years says (even europa league) and good cup runs every year with a 6th to 10th finish every year youd be happy he could take what he wants, but he doesnt we dont try at all.

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Aug 15, 2019 at 3:23 PM

Genji…

Perfectly put buddy…

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 15, 2019 at 3:26 PM

Hibbit

I agree, that’s why I think it’s best to say nowt.

If it goes round and isn’t true itll be a stick to beat the protesters with.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Aug 15, 2019 at 3:27 PM

The issue with Ashley and “investing” in the club is he thinks he already has! Every business he buys them over and then sucks them dry that is his idea of investing!

Paying out on infrastructure etc is something he has never done apart from at Sports Direct but all the other companies he has gotten his hands on do not get any love or attention its pure greed!

I am sure the books do look clean but then people need to be able to ask the questions why is every revenue source not available to the club for example? What happens to the installments we get for players every year as it never gets invested back into the team? Why do you do weird accounting tricks with the wages that no other club does?

Unfortunately Brexit is going to help out the likes of Ashley and allow him to do whatever he wants

• Munster Mag

Aug 15, 2019 at 3:27 PM

Genj, i said I am worried about the atmosphere due to boycott affecting the team. Im on hols so not really on the blog. I stand by the assertion. Jail, I questionned raf ‘s tactical approach in some games early on and in championship and when promoted. Especially against weaker teams. Others didnt have the balls to do that. I never hated Benitez and he should not have been allowed to leave. I didnt adore the ground he walked on, unlike you. Thats your prerogative.

• Reilly

Aug 15, 2019 at 3:27 PM

Let’s hope it comes out.

• Moonraker15

Aug 15, 2019 at 3:28 PM

Jib
    Re Shelvey v Ki
    We had one of our best spells last season when Jonjo got injured and Longstaff came in for him with Ki and Hayden! At least we’ve got options in midfield now! Jonjo has to prove he’s worth a place now!

• Genjikai

Aug 15, 2019 at 3:31 PM

Munster
    The club states 47.5k went. And people on here say the boycott had no affect. So no the 45k that went need to answer you on that not the failed boycott.
    Why did 45k have no voice nowt to cheer over ask ashley.

• Moonraker15

Aug 15, 2019 at 3:33 PM

Munster, the atmosphere is created by the team on the pitch not the other way round.
    SJP is dead now compared to years ago but most stadiums are the same except the smaller ones like Crystal Palace. All seater stadiums don’t help although I’m in favour of them.
    However if the team is pushing forward then the crowd responds and the players then respond !

• cyprus

Aug 15, 2019 at 3:34 PM

Compared with Longstaff last game, Shelvey deserves to start.

Why not try Shelvey, Ki, Hayden, worst one comes off halftime for Longstaff.

Shelvey and Longstaff need to sort out that partnership so they don’t get in each other’s way.

Saint should start, scare them a bit.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Aug 15, 2019 at 3:35 PM

This is really a game where Shelvey if he is fit has to step up big time! Norwich are still really a championship squad so he should be controlling the midfield from start to finish!

For all he huffed and puffed against Arsenal apart from that shot on goal he didn’t really do much else in an attacking sense!

• Billy Whitehursts V sign

Aug 15, 2019 at 3:43 PM

Jib @1 I suspect there are a few who will agree, probably more than you would think. I have had this discussion on here a few times. I like Shelvey but is he consistent enough? Rafa and the Swansea manager (cant remember who) both picked Ki ahead of Shelvey. Ki is a regular 7.5/10 man and managers love that consistency. I also dont like the 3 in CM, overkill with 3 centre halves. He isnt worth a place if we have to pick 2 others to do his work and that’s what this formation looks like to me. He is an enigma!

• Billy Whitehursts V sign