web analytics

Pundit Gives Newcastle Fans A Reason For Optimism

Newcastle have a massive opportunity to settle some of the tension on Tyneside with a win against Norwich on Saturday.

While the performance against Arsenal was a mixed bag, the team is still working to get comfortable with Steve Bruce, his tactics, and each other.

Alan Shearer in his Sun article this past weekend rated Newcastle’s overall performance as poor. Though he did recognize some positives from the game, he saw problems with Newcastle in the final third.

BBC Sport pundit Mark Lawrenson did see the same issues; however, he thinks Newcastle will do well against Norwich on Saturday.

This is a bit of what Lawro has said about Newcastle in his prediction of a 1-2 victory for the visiting Magpies:

The Magpies could maybe have done a bit more going forward but, although I think Steve Bruce is going to take a bit of time to work out what his best team is, I don’t think they are going to struggle.

Mark believes that the way Norwich City played against Liverpool on Friday is going to be a big problem for them this season. He described their defending as being at a “League One” standard.

We thought Norwich City were very naive against Liverpool and paid the price. However, this is the way Norwich manager Daniel Farke is going to have them play. If Farke had Norwich play that open away to Liverpool, then Steve Bruce will know what he faces on Saturday.

It will be interesting to see if Bruce tries to get out on the front foot against Norwich or plays a more counter-attacking style away from home. We get the impression that he will try to take it to Norwich so we can expect a very open game.

Mark Lawrenson recognizes that it is still early goings for Newcastle at this point. Steve Bruce does not know what his best eleven are, and there are still five new signings to bed into the squad.

A 1-2 win away would be just fine with us. Even better would be if Joelinton and Almiron were both able to get their first goals for the club. That would further help to ease some of the pressure our two strikers as well as Steve Bruce.

• Anglo Saxon

Aug 15, 2019 at 12:31 PM

OP It’s obvious he’s wanting to sell the ground. one would assume.

• Genjikai

Aug 15, 2019 at 12:37 PM

Australian pie
    Id take that, solid defence. Less pressure away from home. HWTL i still have the faith, just not in ashley.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 15, 2019 at 12:37 PM

Cant say much really, someone has sort of mentioned it without realising.

Part of it could/should be a police matter.

It’s not worth the risk to repeat on a open forum.

• Mindshaft

Aug 15, 2019 at 12:42 PM

OP – selling the ground is hardly a police matter although repercussions from fans could be

• DubaiMicky

Aug 15, 2019 at 12:43 PM

• Anglo Saxon

Aug 15, 2019 at 12:43 PM

OP Ok accept that. But are we going to get that info in a matter of time?

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 15, 2019 at 12:43 PM

Or did they already know, that’s what I’m asking.

I want the story to drop so I can ask someone on here how they knew.

• Anglo Saxon

Aug 15, 2019 at 12:46 PM

OP ok.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 15, 2019 at 12:50 PM

I’ve not said anything about what it is about, I said the Chronicle and Rafa know why he doesn’t want to invest in academy and training ground.

I dont know if the story will be released in the papers, if it’s not someone will leak it then it will be everywhere, I’ve no doubt of that.

I think that’s what will happen, the story will come from a anonymous source and snowball.

I’ve no idea how long it’ll take but I’d be surprised if its not out by Sunday.

• Anglo Saxon

Aug 15, 2019 at 12:53 PM

OP god this is better than coronation street on the edge of my seat, not that I watch coronation street mind you.

• Our Toon

Aug 15, 2019 at 12:58 PM

So it turns out that carroll is in a base salary of 20k or 25k, much different to the 60k I saw being touted on here by some.

Makes perfect sense to have got him in on peanuts tbf

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 15, 2019 at 1:14 PM

The guy with the info was told to go to the police, not sure by who.

The Chronicle knows the story.

• Binney

Aug 15, 2019 at 1:30 PM

Found it

• Geordie-john

Aug 15, 2019 at 4:43 PM

Shearer and Brucey are good mates. He is going to try to smooth the way for him isn’t he !
    Remember the day we stuffed the Makems 5-1, Who was their manager then ??
    Brucey has been in charge of ( I think ) 10 clubs so far. Has he done well with any of them ? I might be wrong but how the hell is he going to push NUFC further than Rafa the Great did ?
    IMPOSSIBLE TASK !