web analytics

Three Interesting Topics Of Discussion Noticed In Recent Training Photos

Newcastle United published a collection of photographs of the lads training yesterday, and there were a few interesting items that was noticed.

The first thing that we noticed was that Jonjo Shelvey was participating in the training session. This was a reassuring sight as Jonjo had been substituted in the 53rd minute due to a knee problem. Though he seems to have recovered from that knock.

The second thing that was brought up was that Allan Saint-Maximin was not featured in any of the photographs. We are not sure if this was just happenstance, or if he missed the training session for some reason. We checked his Twitter account and he is still interacting with fans so it does not appear to be related to an injury. Some fans have also posted photographs they took with him yesterday.

The last item that was noticed and was reported about today was that four players who were left out of the 25-man squad were training with the first-team. These players are Jack Colback, Jamie Sterry, Rolando Aarons, and Henri Saivet. So it looks like Steve Bruce has kept them all involved while they look for loan deals.

The Shields Gazette earlier today had reported that Jack Colback was shocked he was left out of the squad. We really don’t see whose place he could have taken with Andy Carroll coming in and Dwight Gayle remaining at the club. While the squad is a little thin in midfield, there is Matty Longstaff will provide cover.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Aug 15, 2019 at 9:36 PM

Rafa left for money as opposed to Ashley staying because of the MONEY!!!

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Aug 15, 2019 at 9:37 PM

If Shelvey isn’t 100% fit don’t play him!

Keep him on the bench if necessary Norwich will come at us 100 miles an hour so it might not suit him to come on when the game has slowed down in the 2nd half

Aug 15, 2019 at 9:40 PM

How else will the PR explain why Rafa left ?
    Due to his ambition ?
    Him wanting to expand and improve the facilities
    Wanting to build a team ?

They had literally nothing so went with all they understand

MONEY

Aug 15, 2019 at 9:43 PM

Lee Charnley Bunga

Yeh

Better play Willems instead
    Hes over weight, slow and seems to not have a clue whats hes supposed to be doing

Perfect

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 15, 2019 at 9:44 PM

Bus caught me out

Jail
    I think most of us accept that Rafa was offered a shabby deal by ‘The Management’ but as you say it makes no difference now, he’s gone. So arguing about whether he went for the money (and I don’t see why he should feel any shame for that) or some other reason is a bit pointless now, we’ve got Brucie and have to hope he can make a good job of it.
    Won’t be long before we know if that’s going to happen, as for MA it seems we’re stuck with him for now, I keep hoping that the BZG interest isn’t totally dead.

And you never know toon22 might get what he wants, to see MA having to sell the club to help cover his cash flow.

Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 15, 2019 at 9:42 PM

TV time, later.

• wynsleap

Aug 15, 2019 at 9:45 PM

Did anyone see the extensive piece on Ashley, his auditors and his Sports Direct and other operations in the business section of the Daily Mail today?
    This bloke has real problems.

• investinyouthtoon

Aug 15, 2019 at 9:53 PM

EGB @5.Don’t worry you’re not alone in that. I still have some slim hope that BZG are still interested in buying us. Like they say it really is the hope that kills you.

Onto the post in hand, I for one am delighted colback (and his giving away needless fouls) isn’t in the squad at all. However, especially considering how well he play at AFCON that saivet isn’t included.

Aug 15, 2019 at 9:55 PM

wynsleap

Yep

And they arnt going to magically go away any time soon

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 15, 2019 at 9:55 PM

I’d be quite happy if I never seen another picture of Wearside Jack as long as i lived, he’s everything that’s been wrong with this sordid regime.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Aug 15, 2019 at 9:57 PM

Ideally we’d have sold Gayle as well as Colback, Saivet, Lazaar, and brought in one more quality signing at DM. Of course Bruce is gonna talk about clean slates, but he won’t have meant it. We have players we can’t sell because of their wages, but would readily do so if we could, Gayle among them.

• Binney

Aug 15, 2019 at 9:59 PM

I wouldn’t bank on BZG returning. Arab culture and Mike Ashley are incompatible. You don’t agree a deal with someone then say “but I want X, Y, Z” in any culture but Arabs and Arab ROYALTY especially won’t come crawling back. I’m sure they’re just as furious as we are.

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:01 PM

We are so thin in the midfield department for the season ahead already if it’s gonna be a 3 deployed there… Better give Shelvey a rest and bring in Ki… Wasn’t so keen seeing Hayden playing further forward, he’s a technical good with the ball and has great composure, but he just isn’t creative enough for me. If Hayden plays, I like to see him holding the midfield, breaking up play and covering the wingback. Manquillo as much as I think he has massively improved stayed forward for lengthy periods when we were attacking, this was another worry I had, he’s got a wicked ball on him from the flank but he just wasn’t being used, he needs to uh nderstand that he needs to keep one eye on the defensive side of things too, he looked too eager to do good going forward, he should be thinking of getting back into a defensive shape when the ball is making its way around the box. I was thinking at the time how exposed we were and if it was a 343 going forward and a 541 coming back we would have a far better cover… The risks of the break outweighed what we were ever gonna dominate Arsenal in the edge of there own box… That’s just something that doesn’t happen very often, no matter how depleted their side is.

• Binney

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:02 PM

So that’s two UAE royals Ashley has pissed off. Wonder if anybody else in their family likes football? I’m sure he could do with another laugh.

• dougie

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:06 PM

There’s no buyer for the club because there’s no seller.The parasite won’t give up the keys to nufc unless we drop down a league or two and stay there for a while.Its all about shite direct getting the free exposure and the Premier League tv money, which vanishes every year!He has been lucky so far getting us back in the prem at the first try twice,I doubt it would happen again.Its definitely a 6 pointer against mighty Norwich cos we’re going to struggle to get goals this season with the unproven kids we’ve signed,look at their records.Another gamble by Jabba.

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:07 PM

It seems

If you look at what seems to be happening,regardless of what the PR says
    Its the end for Jabba
    He wont have a say who we end up with

No smoke without fire

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:08 PM

In the end every gambler meets the end
    When the luck runs out
    When reality kicks in

Sooon

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:10 PM

One thing Jabba or his PR cant deny

He is a gambler

You know a gambler who wins every time ?

Hope he ends up losing his shirt

• Nicky the ball tosser

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:11 PM

33211 really does put pressure on the wing backs to get up and back. It’s a lot of work, you need a good engine, and you have to know when to go and when to stay. Anticipation is a big part of it. If we lose possession, and the wing back as way up field, we are very exposed. I like both Ritchie and Manquillo in this regard, although they’ll still have work to do. Yedlin less so, Willems its hard to say, but his debut was a bit of a worry because he does seem to bomb on.

• posada

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:11 PM

Jack Colback is having a great career.
    I’m sure his family are very proud of him and they have every reason to be.
    Even if he goes back to Forrest he will be playing at the top level.
    The top 1/4 of one percent of folks who have ever played the game.

• Binney

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:14 PM

Lmao…

• magscar

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:14 PM

Toon 22

I am not even going to try to have a normal conversation with you – you’re simply not worth the effort and i do try to engage with anyone who does with me- it’s a Blog and it’s how it works.

Your actions however well intended you may think they are have all the hallmarks of a troll and it is a pity that your saviour and truthsayer delusions are reinforced by posters who I believe use their feigned support of you to wind others up – how ironic and you don’t see it.

I know what I am and wouldn’t lower myself to try to justify my beinga NUFC fan of over 50 years to your simplistic view of NUFC which seems to make you very frightened of any articulated viewpoint which taxes your brain (remember what I said yesterday that’s not HMRC).

We are clearly on two different wavelengths (to be polite to you) so I will leave you as I usually do to your prattling and saving the world from shills it is better for you not to engage – just shout at people as you nomally

My posts are the ones with St Mary’s Lighthouse just skip past them, many do and be assured that no harm will come to all those gullible readers out there in the Blogsphere you seem to think you need to save.

So from here on address me sensibly and i wil respond as I do to all others but carry on with your usual guff and I will ignore you – not because you are right but it’s just baiting – no need to agree it’s happening

Night again

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:15 PM

posada
    Aye I bet his Ma still likes him.

• posada

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:23 PM

I bet his Dad has a nice new car as well.

• posada

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:24 PM

Tickets for Watford seem to be going well.
    My section is just about sold out.
    Gallowgate corner just single tickets left.
    Still two weeks to go.

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:32 PM

LOL Magscar

PR never sleeps

Cheers for proving it

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:33 PM

Dont think we are all stupid

Its insulting

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:36 PM

They think the toon fan base are all proper stupid and can be manipulated to think whatever they say we should think
    Its a stereo type thats not based in reality

No different to JIB s google maps opinions

• magscar

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:43 PM

Toon 22

You’re the one that doesn’t seem to sleep – funny that lol

Oh and the best one

” Don’t think we are all stupid”

No only you – and I really don’t like to call posters that

….but you simply demonstrate it day after day hour by hour so I’m not being rude.

Night just wanted to see if you could be sensible to

Up early tomorrow and away for a week so unlikely to be on but there are many more windmills out there to tilt your lance at and completely miss the target.

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:45 PM

Ahh

Like i said

PR never sleeps

Caouldnt have demonstrated my point without you

• JackBall

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:45 PM

Martoon. Was going to say it would only be fair to change everyone’s league cup to a 2, but have seen several still having us win the first two. Think I picked 3, but do not see us beating Leicester.

As for all the discussions about toon22, I honestly think he cares and believes his crusade is proper. He’s bit crazy and he may even admit he’s a bit crazy, but maybe crazy is what we need right now.

I don’t live in the area, but am a true fan. I live every game and always wish I was there. That desire to be in the crowd makes me understand why most will continue to show up. I can even see some of the logic that a boycott will not achieve the desired results and will hurt the team more in other ways. Saying that, I am rooting for the boycott which I believe is rooting for the team. I am still watching and still rooting, but I have lost a bit of my passion. That passion had been growing concurrently with how I believed or potential was growing. Going down three seasons ago was a blow, but I had optimism. We loved Rafa because he is a gentleman and a good manager who wanted the best for the team. Us Rafa “apologist” do not believe he was perfect, but believed he would get the job done without needing 100 million a year. But he got next to nothing and when he left, many of us honestly felt we took several steps backwards towards the same malaise of fighting for survival.

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:45 PM

Wonder why tony seems to never sleep ?

Same story

• Nicky the ball tosser

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:45 PM

Once the window was closed Colback will have thought he’d be in the squad simply because we need 5 central mids. He’ll be shocked because Matty Longstaff is one of them ahead of him, and that he essentially now has nowhere to go, other than the continent. I think the club gave itself too much to do, and failed to get one or two loose ends sorted that it might have otherwise. For sure both Colback and Gayle would have had plenty of interest from the Championship. Gayle being injured probably didn’t help either, but we didn’t really know until the last day if we were going to need him, turned out we don’t, and if we do we are in real trouble.

• IrishRob

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:46 PM

I personally hope he makes it into the team, if not just so we can hurl abuse at him and tell him how Shít he is every time he comes on. That would be lit!!

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:47 PM

Magscar

You have shown yourself,and everything you have ever said to be PR

Added to the list

• magscar

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:50 PM

Toon 22

Arrrgh oh no please not the list

Haha

Night sweet dreams

Haha

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:52 PM

Why does Jabba employ PR

As his actions are obviously un popular
    But he wants to do them without impacting on his profits
    So he employs PR to mitigate his actions impact on said profits

We dont matter, we are simply in his way

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:52 PM

Magscar

Still arguing

LOL

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:53 PM

Pretending to go to sleep the same way Tony pretends to be wake

Like we are all stupid

• magscar

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:53 PM

Toon 22

Haha

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:55 PM

Cost of PR against potential profits
    For him its a simple calculation

The problem is its about our club