web analytics

Tim Krul Is Excited And Ready To Face Newcastle For The First Time

Our former goalkeeper and future foe, for Saturday’s game at least, Tim Krul has given an interview at The Pink Un, which is a Norwich City news site.

Tim will face Newcastle for the first time in his career after spending over a decade with the club he joined as a teenager. He left on a bit of a sour note but still has close ties with Newcastle United and the fans.

This will be a match that Tim will be ready for. He even seems to have it marked on his calendar. This is the tweet he sent out in June when the fixtures were announced.

Let’s hope Tim goes 0 for 2 in his predictions on this one.

In speaking to The Pink Un, Tim was asked about the fixture list and whether he looked for the Newcastle match. He generously replied:

“Definitely, it’s the one you look out for.

“And then, obviously, you see Liverpool first game, Newcastle second, Chelsea third, and I was like ‘Ugh’ and then Man City in the fifth game. So yeah, hard, difficult start.”

That was really nice of Wor Tim to not single Newcastle out from those four. Yes, that is quite a difficult start for the promotion side.

Tim was then asked how he felt about facing Newcastle for the first time:

“It is a little bit. I mean I’ve still got a lot of friends up North. My missus’s family is still living up there.

“So I’ve got a great connection with the club. It’s just exciting. I’ve moved on obviously.

“I didn’t want to move the way I ended up moving, but that’s football sometimes. I’m so excited to be back in the Premier League with Norwich.

“It’s a great opportunity for us to our first win on board on Saturday.”

Tim mentions the bitter ending to his Newcastle career a few times in the interview, but always follows with the caveat that he has moved on. He has done tremendously well to come back from his knee injury and find his way back to the Premier League with Norwich City.

Tim has always had a great relationship with the Newcastle fans and he will be one of them now having spent much of his formative years at the club. When asked about the fans at Newcastle, this is what Tim had to say:

“I’ve always had a great relationship with them. They knew as well the way I left wasn’t really meant to be like that.

“If you are at a club for ten to eleven years, you want to walk out the front door. I mean enough has been said about that and the fans know that.”

Tim was also asked if he had a chance to see Newcastle’s game against Arsenal and it looks like he made sure to record the game. Good job, Tim!

This is what he said:

“I recorded the game. They’re a good team. Obviously, people are excited in Norwich at the moment about how we finished the game at Anfield and rightly so.

“They’ve got some threats up front for sure. Some new players who look lively. We have to be on top of our game.

“The way we played the second half in Anfield I think, is the minimum.”

It always nice to hear from Tim Krul who will forever be associated with his time at Newcastle. We also admire the way Norwich stormed through the Championship last season.

Tim will get a lot of action in goal this season for the Canaries. If he can play as well as he did last week, then they could have a chance at staying in the Premier League this season. We just hope they start that process the following week against Chelsea.

• Our Toon

Aug 15, 2019 at 6:12 PM

Either shelvey or longstaff to partner hayden. Problem is I cant see longstaff being dropped as we’ve turned down good money for him.

At the time I said its mental to even be quoting 30m for a player who’s played 3 months of top flight football

• toon22

Aug 15, 2019 at 6:16 PM

2nd game of the season and it’s s 6 pointer

Tells you everything about the toon with Jabba as an owner

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Aug 15, 2019 at 6:17 PM

What’s the chances that Krul has one of those games he used to have for us where he makes save after save?

• toon22

Aug 15, 2019 at 6:19 PM

Think it’ll be Grant Hanley who will hurt us

• Munster Mag

Aug 15, 2019 at 6:22 PM

Was thinking same Lee. I thought st max dudnt even look that fast when he came in but by that stage I was lurching towards depression.

• toon22

Aug 15, 2019 at 6:26 PM

Munster

Hiya

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Aug 15, 2019 at 6:27 PM

@Munster

I always find we sign players who look fast in the French league then when they get here they then look to have average pace….!??

Cabella and Thauvin used to look rapid in that league as well!

• IrishRob

Aug 15, 2019 at 6:29 PM

Istg he better not have one of those rare games, I’m fully expecting us to score and win.

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 15, 2019 at 6:31 PM

What are these supposed ‘rumours’ going about? Seemed to missed the post about it but no idea what’s what.

• hibbit

Aug 15, 2019 at 6:31 PM

would be hard to win win without scoring ??????????????????

• IrishRob

Aug 15, 2019 at 6:32 PM

Lol lol lol everyone is thinking the same thing. That can only mean hes gonna save every ball that comes his way.

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 15, 2019 at 6:33 PM

Always felt Krul deserved a good send off from us when he left. Shame he never got that, would have even deserved a testimonial game imo.

• Munster Mag

Aug 15, 2019 at 6:35 PM

I have zero optimism for the norwich game sadly.

• bill

Aug 15, 2019 at 6:36 PM

Obviously a six pointer that one Hibbitt.

• hibbit

Aug 15, 2019 at 6:37 PM

at lest the traveling fans will got behind the team with a bit of vocal support, between the the ashley out chants !!!!!!

• IrishRob

Aug 15, 2019 at 6:38 PM

A fúkn testimonial game?? For Tim Krul?? Lol lol lol lol lol. Who was the last one to get a testimonial? Probably Shearer, your putting Timmy in a high caliber of company there.

• hibbit

Aug 15, 2019 at 6:39 PM

Obviously Bill, 6 pointer it is then !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Toonces

Aug 15, 2019 at 6:40 PM

When St Max first came on he played on the right and flew past his man putting in a nice cross.

He was then moved over to the left and he was up against Maitland Niles who is very rapid himself. So hopefully it was just that he was matched up against one of the fastest defenders in the Prem.

Norwich’s two full backs are no slowpokes so we’ll see.

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 15, 2019 at 6:41 PM

Irish rob
    Why not? He served the club well, came as a 16/17 year old. Had many memorable performances for us and left after more than 10 years at the club.

• Pat On The Heed

Aug 15, 2019 at 6:47 PM

Ki is one footballer who will benefit greatly from Rafa going. Whenever I saw him at SJp rafa was yelling at him to stay back. As good as he was in a deeper, disciplined role – I missed seeing him starting moves and making supporting runs as he did at Swansea, Celtic and the … unmentionables.

• Toonboy_84

Aug 15, 2019 at 6:51 PM

dig-n-dig22

Aug 15, 2019 at 5:14 PM

“Phoney”

Like I said, “you are a compulsive liar. To be a good liar, It’s a must to have a good memory .

going back to when you posted as an early alias, you said you were an avid reader of this blog for years but only just started posting, If you were an avid reader for years you would be well aware that the Frog had been posting in his recent format “It’s never MAs fault” for about a year, You took a wild guess at 3 months “sloppy” that tells me you haven’t been reading the blog for years, It’s you’re “Dolly out of the pram” childish rants like during the Preston game that’s the big giveaway as Toon Time, the avatar changes but the sh1te is unmistakable. Just sayin !

I can only assume that you have me confused with someone else. Is there a facility to search my name? I only comment on my phone so can’t check.

I’ve had conversations with guys on here years ago. Ibizatoon to name one (don’t know why him but I didtinctly remember). I was put in contact with Mark from Magpie Mover who has got me tickets for away matches (Reading away, Ba handball 2-2) as I’m from down south.

Always lived here but my Dad is from Newcastle.

I remember the term “neggar” for the negative people and Optimism Valley (I think it was called).

In my “comeback post” I never stated I was an avid reader. You have obviously read it wrong. I explained that I hadn’t posted in years.

You sir are wrong. I have explained far more than I should have or needed to, but hopefully you can look back and maybe even apologise for calling out a genuine blog user with a single profile.

If none of the above is good enough, then please don’t talk to me anymore as I have been more than fair in you calling me out as phoney

• Toonboy_84

Aug 15, 2019 at 6:54 PM

*distinctly

• Toonboy_84

Aug 15, 2019 at 6:57 PM

Also struggling with the 3 month frog statement if I’m honest

• magscar

Aug 15, 2019 at 6:59 PM

Am I the only one who gets sick of the alts accusation – it is lazy , annoying and usually wide of the mark.

If you are going to accuse another poster then do the rest of us if not the accused a favour and prove it otherwise please give it a rest

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:01 PM

That sounds like what a multiple account poster would say…

• toon22

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:02 PM

Hiya Toonboy_84

Youd know what he means if you had read here lol

😉

• Genjikai

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:02 PM

Toonboy 84 you got any more videos mate?

• bill

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:05 PM

Sounds like good advice Magscar. Tired of it all.

• beermonkey

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:06 PM

Ronaldo

Did strolla get a testamonial

• toon22

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:08 PM

Bill

So am i

Theres two sides to this

• Dagwoodz

• Jib

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:09 PM

Shola Ameobi’s Testimonial
    Hosted by Paul Bradley
    Interested in Going ?
    Wednesday, February 5, 2025 at 7:30 PM – 10:30 PM
    Churchill Playing Fields, Monkseaton, Whitley Bay.

• Toonboy_84

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:09 PM

Frog

No idea what that means mate. I have asked you multiple questions that you never answer lol

Genjikai

That reminds me. I still need to set up the wetransfer account and send the sports direct chant video. I sent it to the magpie group Facebook and they appeared quite fond of it ha ha

• ronaldo aarons

Star player Almiron
    Top scorer Jolinton
    Goals 11

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:16 PM

Munster,
    In the interest of fair and balanced criticism, if St Max and Joelinton don’t work out can you please spare us your endless harping on in the form of the “Murphy money”. You may feel you have to endlessly harp on about them to prove your “critique” is as fair and balanced as you claim, but please don’t as we’ll already know all about it by then.

• dig-n-dig22

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:16 PM

I was referring to the “Phoney” not Toon boy 84, regarding the frog.

• bill

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:16 PM

toon22,
    Probably more than two sides to it. Multiple accounts can be for multiple reasons. Nothing so strange as folk!

• magscar

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:18 PM

Ronaldo

Haha was accused few years ago – long before I became a shill 🙂

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:18 PM

Jib,
    Paul Bradley? Is that him from The chase, I think I’d rather go and watch Micky Quinn and Jan Molby in an all stars 20 stone match!