web analytics

Tim Krul Is Excited And Ready To Face Newcastle For The First Time

Our former goalkeeper and future foe, for Saturday’s game at least, Tim Krul has given an interview at The Pink Un, which is a Norwich City news site.

Tim will face Newcastle for the first time in his career after spending over a decade with the club he joined as a teenager. He left on a bit of a sour note but still has close ties with Newcastle United and the fans.

This will be a match that Tim will be ready for. He even seems to have it marked on his calendar. This is the tweet he sent out in June when the fixtures were announced.

Let’s hope Tim goes 0 for 2 in his predictions on this one.

In speaking to The Pink Un, Tim was asked about the fixture list and whether he looked for the Newcastle match. He generously replied:

“Definitely, it’s the one you look out for.

“And then, obviously, you see Liverpool first game, Newcastle second, Chelsea third, and I was like ‘Ugh’ and then Man City in the fifth game. So yeah, hard, difficult start.”

That was really nice of Wor Tim to not single Newcastle out from those four. Yes, that is quite a difficult start for the promotion side.

Tim was then asked how he felt about facing Newcastle for the first time:

“It is a little bit. I mean I’ve still got a lot of friends up North. My missus’s family is still living up there.

“So I’ve got a great connection with the club. It’s just exciting. I’ve moved on obviously.

“I didn’t want to move the way I ended up moving, but that’s football sometimes. I’m so excited to be back in the Premier League with Norwich.

“It’s a great opportunity for us to our first win on board on Saturday.”

Tim mentions the bitter ending to his Newcastle career a few times in the interview, but always follows with the caveat that he has moved on. He has done tremendously well to come back from his knee injury and find his way back to the Premier League with Norwich City.

Tim has always had a great relationship with the Newcastle fans and he will be one of them now having spent much of his formative years at the club. When asked about the fans at Newcastle, this is what Tim had to say:

“I’ve always had a great relationship with them. They knew as well the way I left wasn’t really meant to be like that.

“If you are at a club for ten to eleven years, you want to walk out the front door. I mean enough has been said about that and the fans know that.”

Tim was also asked if he had a chance to see Newcastle’s game against Arsenal and it looks like he made sure to record the game. Good job, Tim!

This is what he said:

“I recorded the game. They’re a good team. Obviously, people are excited in Norwich at the moment about how we finished the game at Anfield and rightly so.

“They’ve got some threats up front for sure. Some new players who look lively. We have to be on top of our game.

“The way we played the second half in Anfield I think, is the minimum.”

It always nice to hear from Tim Krul who will forever be associated with his time at Newcastle. We also admire the way Norwich stormed through the Championship last season.

Tim will get a lot of action in goal this season for the Canaries. If he can play as well as he did last week, then they could have a chance at staying in the Premier League this season. We just hope they start that process the following week against Chelsea.

• magscar

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:21 PM

I am not saying there aren’t multiples as i believe at least one was exposed a few years ago – all I am asking is if you are going to accuse then back it up with more than conjecture – what does it do but scapgoat possibly innocent posters whilst annoying many on Blog – Give Ower!!!

• Jib

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:23 PM

Jail for Ashley
    your endless harping on

Oh the irony

• magscar

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:25 PM

Norwich was always going to be a six pointer in my view whether 2cnd game or 2cnd last – would be nice to not be worrying next April/May but hard to see what could happen to avoid it πŸ™

• Nicky the ball tosser

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:28 PM

I think Bruce will bale on his quite unusual 33211 soon, as the squad gets up to speed because leaves us with too many unused attackers, and we don’t have the midfield cover.

Think we’ll go 343, but he’s got a problem deciding who his midfield 2 will be.

I like Longstaff and Hayden, not just because of their ability, but also their physicality, and because they work so well together and so willingly for the side.

Against that Ki and Shelvey have serious passing ability and loads of experience. Ki brings a beautiful tempo to our midfield.

I rashly picked Shelvey for player of the year, based on him being Bruce’s go to pivot in a midfield 3, but now I am starting to think he may not even be regular once Bruce settles on his preferred formation and 11.

The preferred 11 may even end up looking like this.

………………………..Dubravka.
    ………..Schar………Lascelles……..Lejeune.
    Manquillo……..Hayden..Longstaff………Ritchie.
    ………..Joelinton…..Carroll…….Almiron.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:29 PM

magscar,
    The maddening illogic of it all, starting a season deliberately going in to a relegation battle when it could have been so easily avoided.

• Munster Mag

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:32 PM

Jail when you learn to string english together coherently come back to me.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:32 PM

magscar,
    Unfortunately people who don’t care about the blog as much as others don’t care, the type of people that leave shite all down the back of a toilet because someone else has to clean it.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:33 PM

Munster,
    I’m good with coherent, what have you got to say?

• Munster Mag

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:37 PM

Nicky, l love miggy but he looked headless then tired. St max didnt look as quick as we were told and big joe needs to put more yardage in to stretch defences. Hopefully just a bad day but I was pretty scared of that second half error. But in the interest of fairness and balance, its far too early to fully judge nickson, the players or SB.

• Munster Mag

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:38 PM

To you Jail, nowt. Dinner time on hols.

• Jib

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:40 PM

A great night for Wolves fans

• Jib

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:42 PM

Some judged SB before a side selected by him kicked a ball

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:44 PM

Munster Mag,
    You asked me to get back to you, huffy sod πŸ™„

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:50 PM

Jib,
    It’s not like he’s new to the PL like that Porter at Brighton or plucked from Argentina for their footballing philosophy. He’s sixty years old for gawds sake and has one of the worst PL records in history, got sacked at Villa who immediately got better before resigning from another middling Championship club, how could we not judge him.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:51 PM

*like Pochetino

• Nufc 4ever

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:51 PM

Well now we are into the season my take on the close season. All Newcastle had to say was no bids would have saved a lot of anger. If no bid then no confidentiality .I have read the blog and although toon 22 I didn’t mind I just skip past his posts they could be 20 posts on but 10 will be him with pointless one liners.
    I don’t mind Tony because deep down I I see a lot of his posts I agree with minus the individual slanging matches. Rafa left for money great manager who played the fans Gary Neville spot on I don’t blame him going.
    I will not commit on signings other than Almiron is in my opinion is on a different level to most of our squad. We all want a takeover but all the rumours just add to the misery

• Nicky the ball tosser

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:53 PM

I like Miggy too, and think he is a definite starter, but he does play flat out all the time and probably needs to slow down a bit on occasion. He’d and we, would be better off if he played one gear lower I think and a little more thoughtfully and then moved into that fantastic top gear when it is really needed. He must be a little difficult to play with at times. He also needs to start scoring, and creating goals, rather than chances, obviously, particularly if he’s gonna be a ten or second striker, although I do think we’ll end up playing a front 3. Still, there’s a lot to like about him. He clearly loves to play.

• jane

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:58 PM

“A great night for Wolves fans”

is that because they are releasing them into the wild in Scotland for the first time in 500 years?

• Nicky the ball tosser

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:58 PM

Also think Willems has a job on his hands getting into the side ahead of Ritchie.

• jane

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:59 PM

cos it seriously can’t be anything to do with the football team.

• jane

FA Cup Round – 3
    Player of the Season (Blog) – S Longstaff
    Top Goal Scorer (League & Cup) – Joelinton
    No. of Goals for Top Goal Scorer – 13

• jane

Aug 15, 2019 at 8:02 PM

Jib i hope you got sound on the blog to hear that.

• Anglo Saxon

Aug 15, 2019 at 8:03 PM

Common Jib nobody biting put jane back in her box mate another try at a joke keep trying.

• Jib

Aug 15, 2019 at 8:05 PM

No – but Jail has audio apparently

• magscar

Aug 15, 2019 at 8:05 PM

Jail

Yeah could of and I wish it had been avoided but it is what it is.

As I said yesterday I am going to try to move on and think FOOTBALL – still don’t and never have rated Bruce but it’s a fait accompli .

Last few weeks have been doing my head in and I need to either completely give up ( not possible) or try to concentrate on good things ( hard as it also is!)

πŸ™‚

• Nicky the ball tosser

Aug 15, 2019 at 8:07 PM

ARH-WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Werewolves of London.

Warren Zevon, taken from us far too soon.

• Jib

Aug 15, 2019 at 8:10 PM

Great personnel on this track
    Warren Zevon – piano, vocals
    Mick Fleetwood – drums
    John McVie – electric bass
    Waddy Wachtel – guitar

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 15, 2019 at 8:13 PM

Will Krull still be excited when Jamall lurches up to him in the box and starts chewing on his brains! Braaaaaaiins!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 15, 2019 at 8:16 PM

I reckon Wolves fans are missing a trick by not howling during matches.

Wonder what noises Leicester fans would make?

• Jib

Aug 15, 2019 at 8:17 PM

Bill they are playing soccer not rugger
    Rugby a game for hooligans played by gentlemen
    Footy a game for gentlemen played by hooligans

• Jib

Aug 15, 2019 at 8:17 PM

Foxes bark

• magscar

Aug 15, 2019 at 8:19 PM

Nicky

Problem with Shelvey is if we have LeJeune and Schar in 3 at back at back then he need not drop deep for ball as he likes to do and where he can cause most damage with long passes for runners racing in behind. Something BRuce and he will have to work on as he hardly played under Rafa last season in that system

However as with fitting in Almiron, Maxim Joelinton ( and Carrol and Gayle when fit) into a 2 or 3 or a 1 and 1 whatever at least the team doesn’t just pick itself.

Yeah we still need better quality but alternatives and competition have to be good as long as the manager is capable of getting the optimum out of his squad – and there in lies the rub πŸ™

Anyway can’t watch match on Saturday and as usual if we are rubbish might not even to be able to face MOTD on Sat night or Sunday morning and as we are away will probably not be any first hand accounts on here from likes of Charlie .

There’s always Chronicle online I suppose πŸ™‚

• toon22

Aug 15, 2019 at 8:19 PM

“Norwich was always going to be a six pointer”

Were so lucky Jabba “saved” us

• toon22

Aug 15, 2019 at 8:20 PM

Munsters just another alt of JIB

Hiya JIBs

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 15, 2019 at 8:21 PM

Jib

No mate it’s something like this.

• Anglo Saxon

Aug 15, 2019 at 8:22 PM

8 call types that foxes can use towards humans, including; Whines, Moo’s, Cackle’s, Growl’s, Bark’s, Pant’s, Snort’s and Coughs

• toon22

Aug 15, 2019 at 8:22 PM

Anglo Saxon

Sounds like a JIB

HAHAHAHA

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 15, 2019 at 8:26 PM

A lot of bloggers don’t seem to have much faith in Shelvey’s skills and abilities I reckon he’s good enough to slot into the side whatever system is used and whoever is in the team.