web analytics

Bruce Gives Brutal Assessment Of Performance Ahead Of Tottenham

Recently Isaac Hayden and Matt Ritchie have come out and been critical of the performance at Norwich on Saturday. They both, however, have tried to look at the positives moving forward.

Isaac has concentrated on Newcastle’s past experience with difficult starts as being reason enough to believe the club can get out of the current situation.

Matt Ritchie has tried to put emphasis on the fact that it is still very early in the season and that things will turn around in due time.

Steve Bruce has also tried to look forward to getting the team ready for the next match at Tottenham. Though he has expressed his big disappointment with the performance of the players.

The Daily Mail has published some more comments by Bruce about the performance on Saturday. These ones maintain a much harsher tone than the previous ones from Bruce:

“I can’t go onto the pitch with them. But the one thing in management I’ve always tried to instill into my team is yes, we make mistakes, but I can’t forgive a performance where basically you don’t put your boots on.

“Unfortunately, it’s happened already, which is the second game in, but I’ll do all I can to make sure that changes.

“We’ve got to do the basics better.

“Whatever level you’re at, the first thing you have to do is do more than the opposition. I didn’t think we did that.’

These are brutal but accurate statements from the head coach. And it is now up to him to make sure setbacks like last Saturday’s don’t happen again.

This team can ill afford another dreadful performance at Tottenham. We aren’t expecting the team to go to Spurs and win, however, we are expecting to see progress under Steve Bruce. That must happen on Sunday.

• Mindshaft

Aug 19, 2019 at 4:11 PM

Think Bruce meant they weren’t wearing the Billies Boots he’s had made up for the team, don’t worry lads – will all be fine against Spurs … https://britishcomicscompilations.wordpress.com/2019/01/25/billys-boots/

• lochinvar

Aug 19, 2019 at 4:12 PM

BoycottAshley….”on to Bruce who’s a good laugh around the training ground”

Wouldn’t count on that either
    Joke maybe
    Funny ha ha , no

• lochinvar

Aug 19, 2019 at 4:21 PM

Bayern Munich have signed attacking midfielder Philippe Coutinho from Barcelona on a season-long loan deal which includes an option to buy.
    Barcelona say the German side will pay 8.5m euros (£7.78m) to take the Brazilian, 27, on loan while the option to buy stands at 120m euros (£109.84m).

Just how far away from this world are we ?
    Apollo 13
    “We just lost the Toon”

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 19, 2019 at 4:22 PM

Loch

I was thinking exactly the same thing, it was the only positive I could remember players saying about him.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 19, 2019 at 4:24 PM

Its alreet we have Joelinton who’ll be worth 150m in a few years, not sure which currency it’ll be though.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Aug 19, 2019 at 4:27 PM

Effect and relevance? You been hoovering up the brick acid again jib?

• toon22

Aug 19, 2019 at 4:32 PM

You can see what rubbish the PR are peddling
    What they are trying to have people believe

• Asi Fish

Aug 19, 2019 at 4:46 PM

Are we allowed to talk about Rafa again? Now that we realise what we are missing……

“Rafa is gone, he is history. Lets see what SB can do”

Well there you have it, he has manged to undo all of Rafa’s defensive work in two games.

I probably shouldn’t comment on the Norwich game as I had a wonderful weekend by avoiding NUFC football. Haven’t read the blog until now either………MA has killed NUFC – FACT!!!!!!!!

• Munster Mag

Aug 19, 2019 at 4:46 PM

Rotunda, go and find the comment yourself you self important turd.

• hibbit

Aug 19, 2019 at 4:48 PM

Asi Fish

and your coming home to this !!!!

• Munster Mag

Aug 19, 2019 at 4:49 PM

Oh and as you’re at it, go and find my comment that I wanted nigel Pearson ahead of benitez. Or martin o neill. Or psycho.

• Asi Fish

Aug 19, 2019 at 4:52 PM

hibbit – I know, I’m an absolute idiot!!!

I love NUFC but hate what MA has made it.

Still, I’m looking forward to coming home and pretending I don’t care lol

• c-dog

Aug 19, 2019 at 4:58 PM

EGB

I would call Muto a flop only championship players move for more. We got exactly what we paid for which doesn’t equate to Premier League quality

• lochinvar

Aug 19, 2019 at 5:41 PM

Boycott Ashley@85
    It’s alreet we have Joelinton who’ll be worth 150m in a few years, not sure which currency it’ll be though.

Take your pick