web analytics

Newcastle Announce Signing Of Young Defender

Newcastle United have announced the signing of 20-year-old defender Ludwig Francillette.

Francillette joins Kyle Scott and Jake Turner as new signings for the U23 squad. All three have joined as free agents.

This is what the young Frenchman had to say about signing for Newcastle:

“I’m very happy to be here. It’s an honour to sign with this club, because we know the story with French players playing for Newcastle, and the fans, and I’m very happy to sign.

“I hope everything will be good.

“It’s a Premier League, a big club in the Premier League, which is the best league. I have seen a lot of games – I like the club and I like the city too.

“The fans love the club, and the fervour. If I give 100 per cent, the fans will give 110 per cent. I enjoy the proximity of the fans to the club.

“I want to progress in training, work hard and focus now.”

We hope Ludwig can come to immediate assistance to Neil Redfearn’s U23 squad as they have not started the season off well at all. They have lost both of their first two games this season.

They next face Manchester United at home this Friday evening, and we hope the youngsters can give an improved performance.

• Asi Fish

Aug 19, 2019 at 4:53 PM

Repost and first!

hibbit – I know, I’m an absolute idiot!!!

I love NUFC but hate what MA has made it.

Still, I’m looking forward to coming home and pretending I don’t care lol

• c-dog

Aug 19, 2019 at 4:59 PM

Put him up front

• hibbit

Aug 19, 2019 at 5:00 PM

c-dog

the way the injuries are going we might have to !!!!!!!!

• Munster Mag

Aug 19, 2019 at 5:04 PM

I cant say bruce fills me with any hope but I think lots of guys on here wud rather see us relegated under bruce than succeed under him?

• c-dog

Aug 19, 2019 at 5:10 PM

hibbit

I was alluding to the lack of quality rather than injuries. We sold or chose to not retain 60% of of goals and replaced them with players who have never hit near the same amount of goals in lesser leagues

• Genjikai

Aug 19, 2019 at 5:10 PM

Munster mag
    Who wants us relegated?

• Genjikai

Aug 19, 2019 at 5:15 PM

I dont want us relegated, which of you posters do want us relegated? Be interesting to see which ones do and their reasons why

• hibbit

Aug 19, 2019 at 5:17 PM

munster
    if were relegated any hope of Ashley ever going would disappear, i don’t think we would bounce back up as easy this time. i could see the the club completely implode if it does happen,

• toon22

Aug 19, 2019 at 5:17 PM

Hiya Munster

You spent years knocking Rafa, but seem to defend the traitor

It’s never Jabbas fault

• c-dog

Aug 19, 2019 at 5:23 PM

Genjikai

It depends what relegation or survival means
    Survival means Ashley wins
    While the fans have to endure another year of premier league misery
    Relegation means we have to compete with lesser teams in a lesser league
    But Ashley also gets hit in the pocket

Survival is lose/lose
    While relegation is lose/win

Maybe relegation is better
    After all, our main focus as fans is to defeat Ashley and he blocks us from consistently defeating other teams while actually playing football

• hibbit

Aug 19, 2019 at 5:25 PM

I categorically don’t want us relegated under any circumstances what so ever,

• pheasant plucker

Aug 19, 2019 at 5:26 PM

The next four games are spurs Watford Liverpool and I think Man U
    I can’t see us getting three points from any of them.we will be cut adrift
    So relegation is a certainty.
    Hope I am wrong

• Genjikai

Aug 19, 2019 at 5:29 PM

A different question should be who thinks we are going to get relegated?
    Im concerned its a great possibility this year.
    I fear for newcastle united.
    Im worried ashley is going to take us down with him.

• hibbit

Aug 19, 2019 at 5:33 PM

c-dog
    relegation would be a very dangerous game to play with no guarantees of doing any damage to Ashley either financially or in any other way,
    any cost involved would just be another burden the club would have to bare, in some form or other,

• Genjikai

Aug 19, 2019 at 5:36 PM

Cdog
    If we got relegated and ashley left i reckon youd pack the stadium no matter what division we are in.
    I would hope when ashley does leave it is a clean break with no clauses with him, that means we can grow the club the way it should.

• toon22

Aug 19, 2019 at 5:39 PM

Yeh I’d agree

He will watch us crash and burn if it means he can save SD
    I’d guess he would probably enjoy doing it out of pure spite

• Wimbletoon

Aug 19, 2019 at 6:41 PM

Oh dear, I think whoever posted that tweet is going to be in trouble.

It’s missing a certain “sponsor’s” logo.

• Munster Mag

Aug 19, 2019 at 7:14 PM

Hibbitt I agree totally but the vibe on here at times is that guys want to be right about everything. Therefore because they hate steve bruce they they dont care if he us rubbish because ashley employed him etc. Thats why I have reservations re boycotts. If we go diwn we could do a leeds and bruce will stay because he knows the championship!!

• Munster Mag

Aug 19, 2019 at 7:18 PM

Frog where do I defend ashley? He’s a bigger tool than you. And that aint easy.

• lesh

Aug 19, 2019 at 9:26 PM

He wants to be at NUFC because he knows the story with French players playing for Newcastle? That’s the one, le stepping stone club!