web analytics

Striker Says He Felt Isolated At Norwich But Wants To Emulate Pukki For Newcastle

Yoshinori Muto has not had the start to his Newcastle career that he would have envisioned when he joined last summer from German club Mainz. While last season saw him miss time due to an injury and also the Asian Cup tournament, he has never seen a run of games for Newcastle.

To date, Muto has only made 19 appearances for the club with only 6 of those from the starting eleven. He just has the one spectacular goal against Manchester United to his credit.

Muto came on for the injured Joelinton against Norwich but was unable to have any impact on the game. He managed only five touches in his 23 minutes plus stoppage time on the pitch.

This is not too surprising as the game was well and truly lost at the point of his introduction. Joelinton had also found it hard to have much of an impact while he was on as well.

The Chronicle has published some comments that Muto has made about his appearance at Norwich.

“It was really hard. I felt isolated, and I was always surrounded by three or four opponents.

“As a forward, that was very tough. As a team, we struggled overall.

“When I was watching in the first half, I was expecting it to be difficult when I came on because Joelinton was struggling as well.

“Pukki got a hat-trick, and he reacted well on the counter-attack.

“It is the sort of image that I’d like to provide for my team.”

We agree with Muto that he was very isolated when he came on the pitch. This is a big problem that has been noticed in Newcastle’s two games this season. The two forwards are getting little support, and at Norwich, it was even worse as Joelinton failed to get any help even from Almiron.

This is something that we hope Steve Bruce can get sorted out soon starting with the tough away match at Tottenham on Sunday. If Steve Bruce can get Yoshinori Muto to play like Teemu Pukki did against us on Saturday, then that would also be a very unexpected but pleasing accomplishment.

• jimiley

Aug 19, 2019 at 11:29 PM

Its good to see Muto get a game.
    The fans seem to have calmed down about Miggy. I think they have realized he is not the next Beardsley. But 20 million is bang average for a Prem player. Its been so long since we spent that much money that we have forgotten its not that much anymore.
    Its early days for big Joe but first impression is we paid 30 million too much for a striker who scored 7 goals last season (one of them a pen) when the team scored 70 league goals. I hope Hoffenheim have not done a Carroll on us. But I would rather they had the money than our owner. Why would he pay 40 million for Joe?? Something aint right. He aint stupid and he is tight as a midges anus.

• jane

Aug 19, 2019 at 11:36 PM

could it be good business spread over 6 years? that’s a long time in football.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 19, 2019 at 11:42 PM

Rolando

I did think that Rolando was taken out in a game but might be wrong on that score, but he did suffer a bad injury which has sidelined him and has blighted any progress he may have made. So delete my 1st comment and add I hope he doesn’t (Max Aarons) suffer the same fate.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 19, 2019 at 11:44 PM

I’d like to see Muto get more game time, I really think he can replace Perez as our fox in the box if given a decent run of games.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 19, 2019 at 11:47 PM

Krafth 55 votes, hahahahahahahahaha.

Hiya the Krafth family, nice to see you following your kin.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Aug 19, 2019 at 11:47 PM

We need to compress. Play as a tighter unit. We either drop off and press as a unit when the opposition is a bit more stretched and vulnerable, win the ball and then counter at pace, or we play a higher line and press earlier, trying to win the ball back immediately.

Cant really play a higher line against the senior sides though, particularly away, they simply have far more quality, and would get in behind us too easily, and just pick us off, but against two thirds of this league we could, and we’d be far more entertaining to watch.

Whatever though, we can’t allow the opposition so much space to operate in between the lines, Joelinton and Almiron either drop off or we play further up the pitch, and first and foremost, we have to win the loose ball and 50 50’s, particularly in the middle of the park. Bruce has made a lot of mistakes though this first week. The horse might even have already bolted.

• Munster Mag

Aug 20, 2019 at 12:08 AM

Boys….tne new family in the hotel are geordies. Had to find out so had to ask! Lovely people , as I promised my young fella. His liverpool support slipped and he told me he cant give up on nufc yet. Back in the game!

• Bigjim67

Aug 20, 2019 at 12:33 AM

Has TOF been posting?
    Haven’t had a chance of looking today, i want to know how Rafa damaged the club in his three years.
    I think I’ve took the comments a bit to heart but would still like an explanation.

• one fine day

Aug 20, 2019 at 12:39 AM

widowmagandapoke

Aug 19, 2019 at 2:18 PM

One fine day
    Charnley doesn’t venture into the street .

Yes you are correct .i forgot .why would he need to leave the house as he is the biggest user of mike’s new food delivery emporium
    I give you
    pasties direct

The Harrods of the high street oh …always makes me giggle.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Aug 20, 2019 at 1:20 AM

………………………X.

………………………X.

…………X…………………….X.

X…………………….X…………………..X.

…………X…………..X……………X.

Basically that’s been our shape, but essentially you need a shape more like this, particularly defensively, if you play two up top, and three at the back, and you press as a unit, meaning Joelinton and Almiron need to lead it, and most importantly they need to know when to go. Big worry.

……………X…….X.
    X……..X…….X…….X……..X.
    ……X………..X………..X.

• TyneMouth

Aug 20, 2019 at 1:48 AM

…..Brucie McBloat-Face.

I’ve almost felt sorry for him…

…..but it didn’t last long!

Aug 20, 2019 at 1:57 AM

I’ll tell you what, I’ve supported nufc for 30 years.

My kids see me twice a month and live in an other country,

But they still support Newcastle United!

How can they not? That’s who their da supports.

Imagine letting your kids support anyone else!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 20, 2019 at 2:05 AM

Nicky I don’t think Brucie has the nous to get the best out of the players we have so formations are pretty irrelevant, he might as well use the 1-10 formation I advocated in an earlier thread.

We probably need someone like Dyche with our lads, but it has taken him a couple of seasons to turn his lads in a real team, I honestly don’t see Brucie doing this on the evidence so far.

I don’t see Ashlie sacking Brucie so it is going to be a very tough season for us.

the light at the end of the tunnel is very dim at this moment!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 20, 2019 at 2:07 AM

It’s late so g’night all!

• Nicky the ball tosser

Aug 20, 2019 at 2:33 AM

Well Bill, he might not be the most sophisticated when it comes to tactics, but he will atleast recognise the importance of “shape”. So whatever it is he’s trying to achieve hasn’t been bedded in yet. Tactics is often a little overated to be honest, you essentially need quality on the pitch, to maintain a good shape, and the desire to run around for each other, pass and move, and probably most importantly, compete like ferk when the ball is there to be won.

• toon22

Aug 20, 2019 at 2:41 AM

Tactics are over rated?

Ok

LoL

• Nostradamus " Mike Ashley The Clown "

Aug 20, 2019 at 4:34 AM

Well said BBB, my kid is an American. As a Bairn she wore the black and white toddler strip.

Growing up she has taken over the wearing of my old tops, she is Black and White born and bred in another country.

As she says, Dada you support Newcastle so I support Newcastle, watches the games with me, comes out with some belters when she’s upset at players, hated watching the game at the weekend and said at one point, Dada they just don’t seem to care, wow from the mouths of children. Thanks Steve Bruce and the poor shambles that call themselves players for upsetting my kid.

Told her this is life right now as a fan but hopefully one day it will all be over and we can get back to Newcastle if old.

Aug 20, 2019 at 6:14 AM

Thanks Nostradamus, all this bollix of I support the toon but my kids support Liverpool is Shi”te, kids support their parents team. I did! And now we all have to live with it!!!, Lol

Aug 20, 2019 at 6:17 AM

Nostradamus, if your USA? Extra respect pal!

It’s in the blood pal!