web analytics

Free Agent Midfielder Excited To Play At St James Park For The First Time

The Newcastle United U23s will look to redeem themselves after a poor start to the season. Like the senior squad, the U23s have lost their opening two matches. Similarly, they were both very poor in one match while being a bit unlucky in the other.

The U23s opened the season with a calamitous 0-6 loss at Reading They followed up that up with an improved 1-2 loss at Whitley Park against West Ham. In the second match, they suffered an own goal as well as a straight red.

The team will next face Manchester United who sit on top of Group 2 in Premier League 2 with six points and a goal difference of +7. Newcastle, consequently, are bottom with no points and a -7 goal difference.

The next game will take place at St James Park on Friday evening.

New youth signing Kyle Scott has given an interview on the official Newcastle website website about the upcoming fixture against Manchester United.

This is what Kyle has said about how he is looking forward to playing at St James Park:

“For the team, it’s an important game as we have played two and lost two. The standard has not been great at the moment. We’ve got a new bunch of players, and it will take time to get used to each other and working with each other.

“We don’t want to lose three out of three so, on Friday, we need to make sure we come in and get the win.

“I’m looking forward to playing at St. James’ Park. Hopefully, there is a good crowd there, and I can show people what I can do. But I think the most important thing is to be getting the win to start us off.

“When you get to the stadium, and you are going to have more people there than usual, it generally gives everybody a bit of a lift. We’re playing against one of the best teams, so it makes you want to beat them and do well even more.

“The top teams always have a good team with good, young players coming through. Whatever team they bring, they will be comfortable on the ball and this week we want to show we have a plan and hopefully come away with the three points.”

It is a big game for Neil Redfearn and the U23s as this has been a disappointing start. It seems that all levels of Newcastle are struggling at the moment. Both the U23s and the senior team have new managers who really need to get a good result.

Kyle Scott– looking for a lift at St James Park

This is what Kyle has said about working with U23 coach Neil Redfearn, his new teammates, and the slow start to the season:

“I like it here. The lads are all good, and I enjoy working with Neil (Redfearn). I’m looking forward to the season and hopefully I can kick on even more.

“I went a long time without a game, and my last one was in November but I have now played two 90 minute games so, with a couple more matches under my belt, I’ll be into it. When you are back on the pitch playing games, it’s the best thing so I’m really happy for that.

“We ought to have got something out of the West Ham game. Apart from the own goal and the set-piece, I don’t think they had many chances but that’s how football goes, and hopefully in the next game, that bit of luck will be on our side of the table.

“We deserved to win that game, but it was a much better match compared to the first one and we improved a lot. I think we’ll be fine once we get the first win, and can go on a strong run.”

It will take time for 21-year-old to get going after not featuring much over the past year. Friday’s match will be a perfect opportunity for him to show what he can do in what could be the first of many appearances at St James Park.

• Mindshaft

Aug 20, 2019 at 2:37 PM

Rotunda IN – Bruce OUT

• Mindshaft

Aug 20, 2019 at 2:39 PM

Admittedly didn’t work out so well for Ebsfleet

• Mindshaft

Aug 20, 2019 at 2:40 PM

Ebbsfleet – sorry Jib, I know spelling mistakes get you angry 🙂

• toon22

Aug 20, 2019 at 2:56 PM

Good luck to the lad

• CJ

Aug 20, 2019 at 2:58 PM

Improved loss…….I love it.
    Let’s hope the first team gets an improved loss next week…..or even maybe a win.
    Really sad when we start to see improved losses as positives

• toon22

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:02 PM

• toon22

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:03 PM

After the England incident I can’t see how he could be allowed to manage any club

• toon22

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:04 PM

Add that to Jabbas dodgy deals and massive greed

What could go wrong

• Jib

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:04 PM

“toon22
    If the PR think we’re going to welcome hippo heed back with open arms they are mistaken”

WTF is this asshole babbling about ?

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:07 PM

Bills Son is Back,
    You alluded earlier to the suggestion myself and a few others would be better at managing Newcastle. I’m not sure if you meant the business side or not, if you are then you’re right, we would. Firstly I would have given Rafa what he wanted, I wouldn’t have let petty jealousies and a fools pride get in the way of running my business successfully. I would have realised that by giving the manager what he wanted I still wouldn’t have to put in my own money just not take out as much and let’s face it, being a multi billionaire would I really need the extra dough at the expense of a very successful business. I think I would have also realised that although I wouldn’t be making as much each year, by doing the right thing I would have tens of thousands of happy fans/customers instead of a failing business that in eight months time is going to worth less than half of what it is now with a hell of a lot of customers not bothering to turn up. In fact, a wonderful idea would be for Ashley to sell up now.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:10 PM

Jib

Ashley flies by the seat of his pants?

Following a player for two years then signing him for the next manager isn’t flying by the seat of his pants.

You fly by the seat of your pants, you’ll say anything but your prayers.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:11 PM

toon22,
    Unfortunately I think we’re going to be in such a state in six weeks time that FSA will be almost a welcome sight. Knowing he’s going to be on £8M to keep us up might be a bit hard to stomach though.

• Jib

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:13 PM

Jail
    I think everyone gets it

Ashley is shite

The club’s a shambles

Just repeating it all the time makes the blog very tedious .
    Can you not try to say something original and different ?

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:14 PM

Bruce is going nowhere.

He’ll take us to league 1 before Ashley or Charnley decide to act.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:17 PM

“The Goose that Laid the Golden Eggs” typically describes Ashley’s greed regarding us, he could have slowly made a lot of money while advertising his business instead of carving us up. Did Aesop speak a little bit of Greek too Jibbers or did living in 6th century BC Greece make Latin his mother tongue?

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:18 PM

Jib,
    I’m answering Bills Son is Back. Thank you very much.

• Jib

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:21 PM

OP
    I know you think you are a great thinker
    but try and keep up
    We were talking about the appointment of managers
    which in the case of Bruce seems to have been ill-thought out
    You said he did it deliberately as part of an anti fan policy
    That’s patently nonsense

• Reilly

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:23 PM

Or the little weasel wise got in ashleys ear telling him to appoint a geordie.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:35 PM

It certainly looks from a neutral point of view that he is deliberately winding up the fans with no regard to the damage it’s causing the club.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:36 PM

“Jib Aug 20, 2019 at 1:24 PM

RUNAWAY777
    Lunchtime drinking is very bad for you”

Runaway take note – this is the voice of experience, so listen up! Not everyone has a CV which includes 6am starts with a series of tank descaler shots.

• Transfer Sage

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:49 PM

I fail to see why people say we have championship players, we have a decent premier league squad. We aren’t going to be top 10, but are somewhere between 11th and 16th for me (just an opinion).

The same people saying we are full of championship players are the same ones blaming Bruce for not winning our first two games.

We never got our first win until November last season, a run that saw us fail to beat Palace, Southampton and Brighton. There is plenty of time to turn the season round.

• Moonraker15

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:50 PM

Why is SB our manager? They failed with attempts to get a progressive coach, ran out of time and had few options! Basically, no one wanted to work for the regime.
    By the way did anyone see the documentary about Ashley on channel 5 ?
    What a tosser Ashley is!

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:52 PM

Jib,
    In hindsight Kenny Dalglish was a very bad move, but he’d won titles at Lpool and Blackburn and whose stock couldn’t have been higher at the time, Ruud Gullit was also seen as an up and coming manager who would bring exciting times, Graeme Souness wasn’t wanted here at all but he’d had a half decent managerial career at least. They were bad choices and didn’t work out but at least had been brought in to try and bring success. There was nothing ill thought about Steve Bruce, they went for a manager who had PL experience, was desperate to manage in the PL again at any cost and wouldn’t rock the boat. Unfortunately for us Steve Bruce was the highest on the rung that fit that category, their thinking was very clear on what they wanted and they got one of the worst of a very bad bunch. I’ve no doubt in my mind that Moyes and Pulis were also approached.

• Rotonda heights

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:54 PM

Bills

I’m confused. You said that I and a few others would successfully run NUFC. Are you reneging on that now after I thanked you for the compliment. Or could it be you were trying to be sarcastic. Now why is that Bills? For a man who claims he can come back with any ripostes better than me I think you are going to have to up your game and be ever so slightly more subtle with your insults.You aint cutting it at the moment. You’re just making yourself sound like a fatuous silly old boy.

You miss the point completely, as seems to be your forte. Reasoned debate instead of one eyed vitriol is another thing you may want to work on. It’s got nothing to do with if I’ve got some coaching badges or if you played against Pele, that’s totally irrelevant. I was not comparing myself to Bruce, but you have to realise people judge people on merit and their overall performances, not necessarily comparing them by their own abilities but by the evidence presented.

I think most right thinking people couldn’t give a stuff if Bruce was a geordie or not and this ”one of your own” b—ks can not mask the fact that at the wages he’s on Bruce does not have the job on merit. Us fans are not on 50 or 60k a week but we have eyes and you can separate the duds from the guys at the top. It’s not a case of me saying I personally could do better, but obviously given the facts, data and statistics we are not in a good place with agent Bruce.

• Transfer Sage

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:54 PM

Jib

There are a few contradictions I often see here.

People say Ashley has contempt for the fans and doesn’t care what they think of him. They then say he has PR people working on a blog which sees a couple hundred regular posters interact.

They say he only cares about asset stripping and being in the premier league to promote his other businesses, then accuse him of hiring a poor manager to upset the fans and potentially take us down.

You couldn’t make it up.

I always feel I need to add here that Ashley is a bad guy. He has been bad for the club in terms of sending us backwards when a lot of clubs have used the new premier league money to invest and really kick on (look at spurs as a prime example of what we could have done). I’m not defending Ashley, just saying I think a lot of it is hyped up by people here.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:55 PM

Moonraker15,
    Do you honestly believe they tried to get Arteta other than to let the Chronicle know that they rang his agent, did they fly him here in one of Ashley’s choppers, get out the scale model of the training ground and get Shola to tell him how great things were going to be?

• Asi Fish

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:56 PM

Ashley operates a culture of fear apparently.

Desperate people must work for him then and others must be wary of criticising him in case of reprisals.

We slag these MA supporters off as being on his payroll or PR but maybe people are taking the easy road to avoid trouble?

Remember “you don’t know how f***ing horrible we can be”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just for clarity to all the supporters, PR and MA’s inner circle – Mike Ashley you are a massive crap bag who has ruined our club. I hope you find out how horrible we can be……….

• Transfer Sage

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:56 PM

Moonraker15

Good coaches will always come to the premier league. Our transfer/spending policy is restrictive compared to some clubs in the league, but it’s still much better than a lot in Europe (outside the big clubs).

Benitez joined only 3 years ago, did he really not know what Ashley was like after 8 years in charge and all the court cases? People will always take the job on if approached, it’s a great way to get a name for yourself and Benitez couldn’t lose… do well and he’s a miracle worker, do badly and it’s the owner’s lack of investment… it’s a free hit.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:59 PM

Jib

Half truths and miss leading again.

I’m glad you’re back to normal.

• Jib

Aug 20, 2019 at 4:00 PM

Transfer Sage
    Two good posts

• Transfer Sage

Aug 20, 2019 at 4:01 PM

BoycottAshley ( OP)

Why do you think Ashley/Charnley would let Bruce take us to league 1? They’ve never done that with any manager before. The two relegations have seen the manager replaced mid season in a bid to stop it.

People rightly say Ashley wants to own a Prem League club due to the money involved and the advertising space. Why would he let somebody take us that far down. He’d never get his money back then.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Aug 20, 2019 at 4:05 PM

Transfer Sage that’s a much more subtle approach than Munster, jib, Eric or Bills Son. Now watch and learn you lot that’s how you tone down the vitriol. Softly softly catchee monkee 😉

• Moonraker15

Aug 20, 2019 at 4:05 PM

Jail
    You’re right of course! We have a regime that just lies to appear to be doing everything to be a successful club but in fact is trying to do as little as possible whilst staying in the premier league and bank the money!
    Sometimes it’s hard to believe they could get away with being so corrupt!

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 20, 2019 at 4:06 PM

I didn’t say hed signed Bruce to upset the fans.

I did say he’d hired him to take us down and would use that as another excuse with the fans for no investment

If you screw your eyes really tight, it still doesn’t say Ashley hired Bruce to upset fans.

The genius that is jib still wonders why Toon22 calls him PR.

More Twisting than chubby checker and more half truths than Trump, have you ever been in politics jib?

Despite your extensive CV you may have missed your true calling.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Aug 20, 2019 at 4:06 PM

Ha ha. Ashley hasn’t had his money back. Oh you are a one!

• jane

Aug 20, 2019 at 4:07 PM

imagine playing Rochdale away on Tuesday night.

• ilovetoon8788

Aug 20, 2019 at 4:08 PM

It’s only 2 games. Plenty of time for Bruce to turn things round. Support him and the team. If we have zero wins in 10 games then let’s hound him.

• jane

Aug 20, 2019 at 4:10 PM

do only bad countries and teams have regimes?

• Transfer Sage

Aug 20, 2019 at 4:10 PM

Bleatin’ n Bruced

I’d rather just have a discussion on things. I’m sure plenty won’t agree with me and they are within their right, it just seems a little excessive from both sides at time.

OP

Appreciate the reply was to jib, but why would Ashley want us to go down?

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 20, 2019 at 4:10 PM

Transfer

The first time he took us down he went through a few managers, I wouldn’t say he actively looked to get us out of the mess.

Rafa stepped in last time, again not very proactive on the clubs part.

Neither looked planned to me, in the slightest.