web analytics

Allan Saint-Maximin Gives Update On Injury Ahead Of Tottenham

Allan Saint-Maximin spent the day today helping the community. He has given an interview with NUFC TV to explain why he is supporting the NUFC Food Bank, his interactions with Newcastle supporters, and also an update on his fitness.

The interview is about eight minutes long, and you can really see that Allan is just a very genuine person. It is a great interview, and he seems like such a kind-hearted young man.

He did speak a bit about his injury and his chances of making a return for the Tottenham game. This is what Allan said:

“I think I can have a chance because I work out inside. I do a lot of training. I will train tomorrow. Normally it is a day off, but I will train tomorrow. I think I can train Friday. And we will see if I can play against Tottenham.

My job is too, you know, I have a big body, and I have to run fast. It is my job. I felt uncomfortable.

“I felt like if I run I can break something. So for this, I have to be careful. But now I feel a bit better and I hope the training on Friday will be very good so I can play.”

He was also asked if he watched the Norwich match and we couldn’t help but notice his raised brow when he began his answer:

“Yeah, its really hard because I came onto the pitch against Arsenal, and my team did a very good job. Every player played great. I know when I come on the pitch I feel very good.

“When you have this feeling you think you can do great things. But it’s the Premier League. You play against Norwich and it’s a difficult game. When we lose a game I feel like sh*t.

“I want to be here. I want to do some things to help my team.”

It looks like Allan will come in tomorrow and work out on his own, and then if all goes well, join the full training session on Friday. We hope Newcastle take the cautious route with Allan.

We are unlikely to get a result at Tottenham, even if he plays, so it may be best to save him for the cup match against Leicester on Wednesday or the following game against Watford.

What we are mainly looking for against Tottenham is a much-improved performance. A result would be a bonus at this point.

However, we don’t want Allan risked at all. That would be quite the disaster if he suffered a long term injury.

• IrishRob

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:10 PM

Ooh go on then!

• The Sheikh'sMate

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:12 PM

I see slug boy is still trying to wind us up about the club is still for sale, I’ve got three words for him… LIAR LIAR LIAR

• martoon

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:22 PM

Realistically we’re unlikely to get anything at Spurs so it makes sense not to risk ASM and save him for Watford which is a game we should be targeting for a win as they are in a poor run of form!

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:23 PM

Today 23 years ago Shearer got his first goal in Black n White

• GeordieTwo

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:23 PM

Mikey: “yes the club is still up for sale, but I’ve decided to put the price up to 400M because we’ve done such an incredible job in the off season. This club is actually worth more than 400M but I’ve decided to take a loss. Yes, the club and my 1978 Mini Minor are both up for sale. The car is worth at least 1M but because of the rust I’ve got it down to an astoundingly low price of 950K. All offers welcome (for both). If you bid for both items there is a 5 pound discount…..”

• beermonkey

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:25 PM

But are his pants on fire

• GeordieTwo

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:26 PM

“And yes I am serious about both sales. My word is my bond. No, really this is an honest attempt to sell both items. Now stop that, this is my honest intent. You can trust me this time. Oh come on will you just give me a chance? When have I ever lied?”

• GeordieTwo

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:28 PM

His entire life is one big fire beer mate.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:29 PM

Lilongwe,
    If you get this, we’re stopping in Barnet.

• GeordieTwo

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:31 PM

How are the tax investigations going Mikey? Had any contact with the Belgian tax authorities lately? Busy burning the relevant files are we? Or do you prefer a shredder? They can do amazing things with shredded paper now using high speed computers and scanners you know. Better have a good plan in place….

• BenbulbenMag

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:32 PM

I see the wums shills mackems are out in force again this evening trying to recreate history.

We’ll see how w get on against Spurs this weekend but I’m very nervous.

• jane

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:34 PM

Neil are you putting the finishing touches to an article about how well our player out on loan has done again tonight?

• Ketsbaia9

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:41 PM

Rumours are that Steve Bruce has to get a win against Spurs at the weekend otherwise he’ll be replaced by Dave Bassett who will be coming out of retirement to take charge.

• Ketsbaia9

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:42 PM

Joelinton is also heading back to Hoffenheim on loan in January and we’re signing Mateta for £35m.

• Neil Harrison

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:44 PM

Jane,

Yes. It has just been put out. I will continue to track the youngsters on loan. I enjoy keeping up with their progress.

• beermonkey

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:45 PM

In true pardewesque style we will probably beat spurs at the weekend

For me I would go 343

Schar lasch dummet
    Manq hayden longstaff Ritchie
    Muto joe miggy

Wouldn’t risk st max

And Bruce needs to take a proper bench
    Don’t risk players if they have a knock drop them