web analytics

Freddie Woodman Starts And Shines Again For Swansea

Freddie Woodman has made another start for Swansea City this evening in their 1-3 win at QPR.

Freddie has started all four games in the league for Swansea thus far. It looks like he is their number one for the time being.

Last season, Kristoffer Nordfeldt was able to end the year as Swansea’s number one. Nordfeldt has only started Swansea’s cup match so far this season.

This is an excellent start for Freddie Woodman. He is getting the first-team football he needs to develop.

This QPR fan’s reaction to Woodman’s performance seems to indicate that he had a good game.

Both of our Championship loan boys are doing well, and their teams have made a flying start to the season after four games. Jacob Murphy and Sheffield Wednesday sit in fourth place on 9 points while Swansea are in an automatic promotion place with 10 points.

• JohnReese

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:49 PM

Glad to see the young man taking his chance. If he continues to play consistently over the next couple of months we definitely need to be approaching him with a new contract. I fear the damage may be done however and he ends up leaving on a free.

• jane

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:49 PM

we haven’t seen a ringworm insult on the blog even.

• Belfast

Aug 21, 2019 at 10:01 PM

I hope Jane gets ringworm.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 21, 2019 at 10:04 PM

Good luck to all those out on loan, especially glad to see the youngsters getting games on loan.

For a while it never seemed it would happen regularly.

I dont think Nufc have ever had a great record with the youngins, blooding them at lower levels is a must if they cant get a sniff of first team.

• Belfast

Aug 21, 2019 at 10:09 PM

Tom Thumb

The only thing I know about Lisburn is, if you’ve got anything valuable it will probably be stolen.
    Nail it down!

• beermonkey

Aug 21, 2019 at 10:10 PM

The players out on loan and doing well
    Looks like old strolla is doing alright in his job as loan coordinator

• IrishRob

Aug 21, 2019 at 10:10 PM

Jane with Ringworm, that would be pretty sexy!!

• Belfast

Aug 21, 2019 at 10:14 PM

Have a funny feeling the Stoke manager is gonna get the chop after watching them tonight lol

• Belfast

Aug 21, 2019 at 10:16 PM

Love to know how they’re getting round the financial fair play rules. Wage bill must be massive.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 21, 2019 at 10:19 PM

You think so beer, three big earners in Lazaar, Saivet and Wearside Jack still hanging around.

• jane

Aug 21, 2019 at 10:25 PM

i hope Belfast and IrishRob have a hard border. that was the worst thing i could come up with. i don’t really.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Aug 21, 2019 at 10:30 PM

Oo-er Jane i think you just set back feminism a couple of decades. 🙂

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Aug 21, 2019 at 10:33 PM

It’s almost like a convulsive cycle, the wind and pro Ashley sycophants come on here trashing the carpets just as match day approaches trying to rally ticket sales with their nonsense.

It’s a losing battle, Mike. Your coach and his demoralised team should be your targets, not us.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Aug 21, 2019 at 10:38 PM

Interesting that Bruce is reportedly shocked and hurt. What on earth was he expecting?

We have lost our best manager since Bobby, maybe our best ever, and remain teathered to the most reviled owner in the EPL, who apparently thinks he can get away with returning to type with a vengeance by hiring a journeyman Geordie manager.

Good guy, maybe, lacking in awareness, almost certainly. He has a reasonable squad, he needs to instil some shape, unity and combativeness into it NOW! That’s the way it is Steve Bruce. The fanbase has every right to be furious.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Aug 21, 2019 at 10:41 PM

Not sure about ringworm though. I always thought creeping mange was a decent mud sling.

• Belfast

Aug 21, 2019 at 10:47 PM

Talk of hard borders turns me on Jane. Stop it!

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Aug 21, 2019 at 10:49 PM

Can it Pat.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Aug 21, 2019 at 10:50 PM

Let’s av a butchers eh fnaar fnaar…….

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Aug 21, 2019 at 10:51 PM

Give it up Belfast before you have trouble with your backstop

• Belfast

Aug 21, 2019 at 10:55 PM

I’m thinking of photo shopping the club tracksuit top (SB) onto Pat.

• toon22

Aug 21, 2019 at 10:57 PM

3 weeks till Jabba has to appoint an auditor to SD

Or things could quickly spiral out of control for him

Let’s hope for the worst for him and his tat shops

• Tuttelbom

Aug 21, 2019 at 10:59 PM

Hard borders etc etc. Cant be anything other than a sign that Gullits sexy football is to return.:)

• IrishRob

Aug 21, 2019 at 11:00 PM

Lol jane dont mind me, I’m just sitting off to the side reading all this. Who knew the word sexy wasnt blocked. Not me, lol

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Aug 21, 2019 at 11:02 PM

That word won’t be applied to Brucicles footy style no sir-eeeee 😐

• carltoon

Aug 21, 2019 at 11:04 PM

Now if we get Ginola has head coach, that will be sexy football.

• IrishRob

Aug 21, 2019 at 11:08 PM

We might be able to see the word sexy pop up on here more often so. We dont have use for it on here most of the time.

• carltoon

Aug 21, 2019 at 11:12 PM

Yes his football wasn’t bad either. His time here is what dreams are made of. One of my most favourite player.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Aug 21, 2019 at 11:24 PM

Ginola was my favorite player even before he signed. SBS, the Australian Multicultural Broadcaster had been carrying on a love affair with him while he was at PSG, and I was utterly smitten too. What a player! Fast, sublimely skillful, supremely athletic, the gentleman’s Stoichkov, a rake roasting fullbacks for sport. When I heard he’d signed, it came like a bolt from the blue. I somehow went from the living room armchair to the bottom of my parents ample garden in about 15 seconds without any idea how I’d got there.

What’s he on about though wanting the Newcastle job?

• Munster Mag

Aug 21, 2019 at 11:26 PM

Op I see you’ve been a miserable cnut all day again. Well done. And for the record, just because I thought it was ridiculous that rafa was beyond criticism, does not mean that I think ashley is anything other than a disaster.

• Munster Mag

Aug 21, 2019 at 11:29 PM

And I dont know what bellend said I wanted martin o neill, but you got that badly wrong too. utterly useless, and definitely worse than Bruce by a long way.

• Munster Mag

Aug 21, 2019 at 11:33 PM

Carltoon I remember listening to 5live when we played boro and the commentator said the fullback ( simon cox?) had twisted blood after ginola 🙂

• carltoon

Aug 21, 2019 at 11:34 PM

Nicky I think he said it in jest. Something he would like to do. Could he be any worse than Bruce though. Just feels at the present time like McLaren all over again. I hope it’s not. If we could get a draw at Spurs it would go along way to ease the situation.

• carltoon

Aug 21, 2019 at 11:36 PM

Clutching at straws. Can’t see anything from the weekend. But I live in hope as always. Yes Munster Ginola was good.

• carltoon

Aug 21, 2019 at 11:40 PM

Nicky Ginola was having an affair. Oh! I’m devastated. Who would have thought. Still I’ll forgive him anything.

• IrishRob

Aug 21, 2019 at 11:45 PM

We’ve all waited for this. Enjoy everyone.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Aug 21, 2019 at 11:49 PM

Yeah, we need to put in a competitive, organised, disciplined performance carltoon, or the discontent will really start to grow and then you’d worry if it’ll overwhelm him, like it did MacClaren. A result would be a very welcome bonus, but what we MUST be is a worthy opponent against all opposition, and he has no time, it must happen immediately.

Players need to lift their game to, but if they tighten up too much, it’ll just get worse. Very difficult job he’s taken on, and to be honest, very little chance of any long term success, even if he does get us playing well in the short term, as he must. He probably should have listened to Shearer, but would we be worse off if he had?

• carltoon

Aug 21, 2019 at 11:54 PM

Nicky I’m sure no one else wanted the job. I think they gambled and lost, thinking Rafa would stay. Or else wanted him out., Thinking they would get a good manager in. Even if Bruce could get a bit organisation back into the team that would help

• carltoon

Aug 21, 2019 at 11:58 PM

If the team can’t get it together it’s going to be a long season and the fan base getting more toxic. Just hope it makes Ashley sell up. That’s if he ever wanted to.

• Bobbybee

Aug 22, 2019 at 12:01 AM

Wow. Just read today’s comments. I’m lost for words tbh and that takes some doing. From start to finish what an utter feed of shite. From the best blog to carnage. I truly feel for Ed & Neil, putting all that effort in and having to read that today. Embarrassing for them. I’ll be damned if I’m joining that. Later.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 22, 2019 at 12:04 AM

Nearly logged on earlier but once I’d read the shite being spouted, mainly against geordietom, I decided to pass and found better things to do, a big thanks to the missus there.