web analytics

The Return Of This Player Could See Changes At Tottenham

There are reports that Allan Saint-Maximin returned to light training on Monday and he could feature in Sunday’s match at Tottenham.

Though with it being a hamstring problem, Bruce will want to be careful with 22-year-old. He should not risk Allan unless he has completely recovered. The last thing Bruce needs is a long term injury to a forward when we are short on options up front.

Joelinton should also be available after leaving the Norwich match with a hip injury. The scans performed on the hip showed no serious damage.

Allan Saint-Maximin– could be back for Sunday

Steve Bruce had said after the Norwich game that all options would be looked at going forward to bolster Newcastle’s attack. Luke Edwards in the Telegraph noted that Steve may even revert to a flat back four to get the attack going.

Other than the first twenty-five minutes against Arsenal, the Newcastle attack has been impotent, to say the least. Yoshinori Muto even spoke about how he felt isolated when he came on for Joelinton against Norwich.

“It was really hard. I felt isolated, and I was always surrounded by three or four opponents.

“As a forward, that was very tough. As a team, we struggled overall.

“When I was watching in the first half, I was expecting it to be difficult when I came on because Joelinton was struggling as well.”

Miguel Almiron has also struggled to provide enough support to Joelinton often dropping far too deep to be effective when Newcastle regain possession.

If Allan Saint-Maximin can make the trip to Tottenham, he will provide much-needed firepower for Newcastle. Maybe using him in a front three similar to how Benitez had the team set up would help create space in the final third.

That would require the removal of one of the three central midfielders. If that happens, Bruce may want to consider using Sean Longstaff and Isaac Hayden similarly to their string of games together last year.

However, that would be hard lines on Jonjo Shelvey who has played decently in the first two games. However, Jonjo’s lack of defensive application often leaves Newcastle vulnerable in the midfield.

Whatever Steve Bruce decides to do at Tottenham, the most critical change we need to see is in the performance. There won’t be many Newcastle fans expecting a win. However, an improved performance is going to be the minimum requirement.

• geordietom

Aug 21, 2019 at 12:40 PM

Bahco, VDE 1000V Approved Hexagon Insulated Screwdriver 3 mm Tip 125 mm Alloy Steel£5.06
    Bahco, VDE 1000V Approved Hexagon VDE Screwdriver 6 mm Tip 150 mm Alloy Steel£7.62

cheep as chips …

• geordietom

Aug 21, 2019 at 12:40 PM

cheap even …

• cockneymafiaout

Aug 21, 2019 at 12:41 PM

#BoycottAshley ( OP)

It looks that way. I’m not looking for an argument but I am very much pro calling out our fans that have been letting us down for years and we seem to be in the small group that can actually see this.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 21, 2019 at 12:43 PM

Pro Ashley have turned up

• cockneymafiaout

Aug 21, 2019 at 12:44 PM

As I said earlier, why should fans escape criticism if the players don’t?

And don’t give me the whole they get paid astronomical amounts. Love and passion are bigger than money ever will be, so if anything us as fans have less of an excuse to under perform as we have a duty to support this football club.

• hibbit

Aug 21, 2019 at 12:44 PM

geordietom

which part of the ground are you in 2 for £17 ????

• WLtoon

Aug 21, 2019 at 12:45 PM

Ginola has said he would like to manage the Toon. Cant see that happening anytime soon under this regime but what a prospect that would be at an Ashley free Nufc.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 21, 2019 at 12:47 PM

Ok geordietom, het get yourself a set and we’re on.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 21, 2019 at 12:47 PM

Cockney

I’m not calling out fans for going as such, even though I don’t agree with them going.

What I will call out is people who go calling boycotters lesser fans than they are, especially when they then sit in the ground in silence.

Same as all the aggression, it comes from the match goers but the blame is pointed at boycotters.

Fans being blamed for the state of the club.

All shite designed to divide and conquer

• Mindshaft

Aug 21, 2019 at 12:48 PM

I’m not so sure about 40k or less at home games, we had terrible runs under Pards / Carver and McLaren and still somehow got 50k each match

• Lindisfarne

Aug 21, 2019 at 12:48 PM

SamDS

Just put it down to FatSham being a d!ck.

• hibbit

Aug 21, 2019 at 12:48 PM

cockneymafiaout

i never called you as you put it , i asked you a civil question “why all the hate ” surely its an individuals choice how they take a game in not everyone feels the need to scream and shout,

• Lilongwe Geordie

Aug 21, 2019 at 12:49 PM

Jail,
    Where you headed before the game? I might be going to the match as well. Depends if I get lucky in the drawer for the works ticket. It is only me and 1 other so 50/50.

Got my Liverpool ticket sorted already.

• Mindshaft

Aug 21, 2019 at 12:50 PM

Jail – enjoy the match at weekend, sadly I’ll be in the spurs end getting the piss taken out if me – if we score I’ll no doubt be the lone voice cheering ( and then getting beaten up and kicked out of ground 🙂 )

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 21, 2019 at 12:51 PM

Lilongwe,
    We’ll be stopping somewhere outside of London for a few hours then the coach will take us straight to the ground.

• cockneymafiaout

Aug 21, 2019 at 12:51 PM

#BoycottAshley ( OP)

I wish you saw my previous posts. You have just echoed my feelings and thoughts exactly.

I was embarrassed sitting in the ground at the end, I had to remove myself from that situation.

“Wheres your famous atmosphere” was becoming more and more frequent from the away end of the ground and seldom did Newcastle fans have an appropriate response.

• geordietom

Aug 21, 2019 at 12:52 PM

hibbit…

milburn stand L1F / ROW CC/ 150/151…

• hibbit

Aug 21, 2019 at 12:52 PM

Mindshaft
    don’t fall in to the trap of official attendance the club count tickets sold not who’s in the ground, and now the S/T number is a lot less than back then,

• geordietom

Aug 21, 2019 at 12:56 PM

Hibbit …

my ticket is £6 pensioner / £11 for wor lass …

• WLtoon

Aug 21, 2019 at 1:04 PM

Mindshaft

The official attendance is usually a few thousand more than people actually attending the game unless obviously its almost a full house. If in the near future an attendance is 42, 43 k, you can say that less than 40k will be there.

• martoon

Aug 21, 2019 at 1:26 PM

cockneymafiaout – I’m not following your argument?
    Surely fans pay their money and choose to support the team as they see fit – some watch quietly & take in the game, some chant & sing, some cheer the good stuff and deride the bad stuff and then of course there are the ones who abuse the players from start to finish. HOWEVER the players are paid (handsomely) to play football whatever the crowd is doing and I would argue it is up to the players to give the crowd something to cheer and sing about.

• cockneymafiaout

Aug 21, 2019 at 2:20 PM

martoon

Missing my point, I’m telling them to save their money as they obviously aren’t enjoying it.

• Phil K

Aug 21, 2019 at 7:13 PM

Played 20 minutes and waving a sick note already ?
    Sums up Newcastle’s buying policy