web analytics

Newcastle Goalkeeper Impressing Fans At Loan Club

Freddie Woodman is making quite the impression at Swansea so far this season. The 22-year-old has made some big saves as Swansea have started the season unbeaten after four games. Freddie has started all four of those league games and has really endeared himself to the Swansea fans.

Woodman extended his current contract with Newcastle one year to 2021 before going on loan earlier this month. We hope Newcastle will make it a priority to get him signed on a long-term deal. If he continues to progress, he could become our goalkeeper of the future.

This is what some of the Swansea fans had to say about Freddie’s performance at QPR last night:

• Bobbybee

Aug 22, 2019 at 11:37 AM

The irony of this blog. Some of those complaining about Bruce also whined constantly about Rafa’s tactics. Now they reckon he was amazing. Very strange….
    Anyway, we all know this is an international blog, but those from abroad don’t get to demand anything from match going fans. You chose to support a team thousands of miles away, not us. Your choice. You made it, nobody else.
    We are NUFC. The best thing about NUFC has always been the fans because the team has generally been shit. By fans, I mean those who go to games regardless of results. Those fans attracted Keegan here, both as player and manager. These are facts you don’t get to change. Those same fans brought Rafa here and kept him here, regardless of results. Those on here who whined constantly about the results made match day on here a disgrace.
    Here’s one thing you need to get into your heads. Newcastle fans turn up regardless of results. If you don’t like it, watch somebody else.
    Supporting Newcastle isn’t just about football. If you live in a different country you won’t understand this. We’re a forgotten people by the government. It’s only recently that they finally gave us three lanes on the motorway from Leeds ffs. We all support Newcastle because we’re proud of the city and region. We are Newcastle… United.
    Let’s be honest, most of you started following us under Keegan. Exciting football. You thought you’d get some glory, like those abroad who latch onto Manure, City, Chelsea, Liverpool. We hoped so too. Sadly, we were all disappointed. That’s life.
    So, fans who turned up after decades of watching shite, are always going to turn up. THIS IS NOTHING NEW.
    Now I welcome overseas fans, but this is our club that you started to follow. This is how we are. This is how we roll as they say in America. Don’t like it? Tough shit. I’m not changing for you. Nobody is. Get over yourselves ffs.
    There’s a reason 47k turned up v Arsenal but that wasn’t reflected on here. This is not representive of NUFC.
    See that C in NUFC? It stands for CLUB. So, you don’t go to games. Fair enough. I get that. Are you members? Why not? Try going to any club, anywhere in the world and start demanding and see what happens. We pay for that honour. You could too, but you don’t.
    This is why Posada gets angry. You don’t understand us. Newcastle till I die means that to most match going fans. Respect that, its what makes us what we are whether you like it or not. It always has.
    Anybody who starts ‘boycotting’ now isn’t really. They’ve stopped because we’re shite. As many others have in reality. But the hard core fans will never stop going. Accept that. It’s life. If I wanted to be really horrible I’d say its a club, if you’re not a member f**k off, like they’d say in any other club in the world, but I won’t, I’m just trying to make you understand why Posada is how he is. Get off his back. He speaks in general for over 40k people.
    I’ll tell you now for nothing, and this isn’t meant as an insult, but where I sit, the fans could not give a toss what none match going fans, think. They honestly could not possibly care less. And that’s why over 40K still turn up.
    Why aren’t they singing much? Maybe because of the doom and gloom around the club. We hate Ashley more than you, but having a crappy owner is part and parcel of supporting any club. We’re a club in crisis, you expect us to be happy?
    For those like cockney mafia who claim to know why people support Newcastle, he doesn’t. Not a clue.
    This is us. Like it, don’t like it, we don’t care. Get over it.
    Sorry it dragged on, but that’s life too. 🙂

• Ron Knee

Aug 22, 2019 at 11:39 AM

Was that creepy carl @10?

• Mindshaft

Aug 22, 2019 at 11:45 AM

Genji from previous – I’ll be at spurs this weekend , a mates got me someone’s season ticket for the game so will be in away end – not really looking forward to it but can’t be worse than Norwich which was a complete pain to get to and from

• Mindshaft

Aug 22, 2019 at 11:46 AM

BobbyBee – real fans go to away games 😀

• Ron Knee

Aug 22, 2019 at 11:47 AM

You’ve omitted a whole group of supporters, Bobby – the expats.

• posada

Aug 22, 2019 at 11:49 AM

Gan on Bobby lad.
    Boycotters so called.
    Put that in your pipe and puff on it.

• Bobbybee

Aug 22, 2019 at 11:49 AM

Ron, I did that deliberately – they should know better.

• Mindshaft

Aug 22, 2019 at 11:50 AM

I live in London mostly due to work but this is the first season I haven’t had a season ticket for a long time – I just feel personally that I’ve got to make some sort of stand against Ashley – I’ll get my toon fix at away games this season – usually a much better atmosphere and better craic to be honest

• lochinvar

Aug 22, 2019 at 11:52 AM

someone earlier

I wonder what Bruce sees on the training pitch, literally, “That’s it lads, keep it up. Good stuff!”
    His famous man management shining through.

” To me, to you, to me ”
    Chuckles all round

• Mindshaft

Aug 22, 2019 at 11:53 AM

Bobby – we’ve been shite since SBR left to be fair

• Bobbybee

Aug 22, 2019 at 11:54 AM

Mindshaft, been there done that mate. Sadly, I had to make a choice due to my disability. Give up completely, or move back to the North East and carry on going to home games at least. So I packed up and moved from where we’d lived for over 25 years and moved to a village where we knew nobody, in my 50’s. Before that I’d travelled 320 mile round journey for every home game, and however far away games were. I think I qualify. 😀

• lochinvar

Aug 22, 2019 at 11:54 AM

Clyde manager Danny Lennon says he will “negotiate a contract in the mirror with himself” after making a cameo appearance in his side’s win over a Celtic colts team on Tuesday.
    The 50-year-old, who retired 11 years ago, brought himself on during the second-half at Broadwood as his side earned a 3-1 Glasgow Cup victory.

You don’t think….would he, could he ?
    Would be like a new signing, might even bolster the defence

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 22, 2019 at 11:56 AM

Ron,
    It sure was, it was Jack Root yesterday going on about the Strawberry, I very rarely drink in there.

• Mindshaft

Aug 22, 2019 at 11:58 AM

Bobby – I know mate, to be honest this blog is almost as painful as watching the toon home or away ,)

• Bobbybee

Aug 22, 2019 at 11:58 AM

I want to leave that now. I’m not getting into who isn’t a real fan etc. The blogs seen enough of that shit. That was simply about why people go. Why I go. Why those I know at the match go etc. Just saying we are what we are. We won’t change for anybody. Don’t like it? Unlucky, tell your shrink, not me. 😀

• Bobbybee

Aug 22, 2019 at 11:59 AM

Mindshaft, it is mate, but I’ve seen worse tbh. 😀

• Australian Pie

Aug 22, 2019 at 11:59 AM

Well said Bobby, will be at the Spurs game on Sunday ready to see a Joelinton double in a 2-1 win, HWTL

• WLtoon

Aug 22, 2019 at 12:01 PM

Quick, get Freddie Woodman back and play him alongside Dubs on Sunday. Hey we might keep the score down, a bit.

• Bobbybee

Aug 22, 2019 at 12:03 PM

I can’t see Bruce lasting myself. He’s simply not good enough, but Ashley’s painted himself into a corner now after Rafa,so no idea who we get next.
    Ginola? Well, face facts, Keegan was our first club and he played great football – although he did have SJH’s millions helping! I don’t know the answer, but if the answer is Bruce, wtf is the question?!! 🙂

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 22, 2019 at 12:11 PM

It’s kinda obvious the fans in the ground dont give a toss

• Australian Pie

Aug 22, 2019 at 12:12 PM

I do OP and ill be in the crowd Sunday

• G

Aug 22, 2019 at 12:13 PM

Irishrob, and Jib, actually I was more referencing some of the ancient middle east nationalities such as Isrealite, or Hittite. I certainly wasnt trying to make anybody look stupid. In my experience most people on the blog do a decent enough job of that themselves, and I include myself in this before anybody thinks I’m having a pop. Like I say, the poor pun sounded better on my head than it played out.

• Munster Mag

Aug 22, 2019 at 12:16 PM

Bobby well said. I can remember the gordon mc keags and all the crappy managers too. So maybe I have low expectations. But I didnt choose nufc and I didn’t choose the club for the glory of it. Just back from hols and my chats with the geordie family had an impact on my young lad. I explained that the bond an irish fan can have with a bloke from tynemouth is better because the geordie knows i’m not in it for glory, its for the love of the shirt. My boy could see that loud and clear. As soon as we got in the house off the plane he put on the nufc shirt 🙂 htl

• Jib

Aug 22, 2019 at 12:27 PM

• lesh

Aug 22, 2019 at 12:27 PM

Mindshaft

Yes, we’ve been shite since SBR left but to be brutally honest, things were potentially repairable under Hall and Shepherd.

The rot set in when Ashley took control of the club and he’s done nothing to fix things – he’s taken the club to the bottom and as far as he’s concerned, that’s where we’ll stay.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 22, 2019 at 12:41 PM

Since Ashley took over the club has gone backwards.

Other clubs are able to spend their tv money on upgrading facilities and playing staff due to maximizing their commercial revenue.

We rely on TV money for the day to day running of the club, no other club is doing this.

If the TV money stops Nufc are screwed, the commercial and match day revenue couldn’t support the club, many other clubs will be fine as they’ve grown and maximised their potential.

Ashley’s ploy to keep us from reaching our potential could actually end up destroying and finishing the club once and for all.

In his other business he’s upset so many other people and trod on their feet many are refusing to do business with him, brands are dropping him like a stone.

JD has grown massivlet whilst SD has dropped steadily for years, now its dropping like a stone. SD has a tax bill of £600m.

Nufc could quite soon become the most valuable asset Ashley has, then what?

Hes got the club in around £120m debt which he can call back at anytime, making the club bankrupt or morgageing it to the hilt.

It’s not about the state of our play or Bruce is in charge or Rafa left, I’d like my families family to have a club to support in the future.

The way things are going we’ll be doing a Middlesbrough and locking the gate in a few years.

Pray the TV bubble doesnt burst or Nufc goes with it.

#BoycottAshley #ashleyout

• martoon

Aug 22, 2019 at 12:47 PM

Bobbybee @20 – From what I’ve seen so far of Bruce I have to agree even though I want him to do well I just can’t see it! The trouble is Ashley & Charnley will not want to admit their mistake so we’ll wait far too long before replacing him and it’ll be an impossible job for the new manager just like Rafa all over again!

• martoon

Aug 22, 2019 at 12:50 PM

Also I’m not quite sure why I got a mention by Rebecca – not sure I’ve ever spoken to her/him before?

• born in newcastle lives elsewhere

Aug 22, 2019 at 12:51 PM

G
    It wasn’t that poor a pun. Pretty good actually.

The Ammonites were people from the ancient nation of Ammon.

• Rotonda heights

Aug 22, 2019 at 12:56 PM

bruce is the unpopular choice of an unpopular owner and nufc is an unhappy place

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Aug 22, 2019 at 12:58 PM

Rebecca is Carl/Ian toon/jack root/etc

A scurrilous weasel often outed as a wum.

• Bobbybee

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:01 PM

We all know what the problem is – it’s Ashley. And it will be until he goes.

OP, you’re wrong mate, we do care. We care more than you’ll ever know. Do you honestly think we get up, get ready and pay to watch because we don’t care? Seriously mate, that’s ludicrous. If I wanted a day out I’d go out somewhere. I don’t, I wait for every match day with impatience. I don’t drink, so I don’t go ‘for a pint with my mates’. I don’t spend anything in SJP as it happens. I buy a bottle of coke from the burger van and carry it in. I go because I love Newcastle. Do you honestly think I’d make a round journey of 320 miles for every home game because I don’t care? Or move when I couldn’t manage the travel because I don’t care? I’m not here for a row so I’ll say with respect, you have no idea whatsoever how I feel or think.
    I’m 62 and disabled. My days of standing up and directing the singing are long gone, but I join in with everybody else. There’s so much negativity around the club it affects the fans, but we still care ffs.
    “I don’t care so much I’ll get ready, travel 12 miles or whatever to the ground, pay to get in and watch us probably get beat”. Really? Or is it “I love NUFC so much I’ll get ready, travel 12 miles or so to the game, pay to get in and hope we can pull a performance out of somewhere and win”.
    Work it out, it ain’t difficult. What I can NEVER understand is “I love NUFC so much I’LL STOP GOING”. I don’t get that and never will.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:01 PM

Only 22/1 for 5-0 yikes

• Bobbybee

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:05 PM

Martoon, agreed pet. We all want him to do well but we’re all realists. He won’t because he can’t. He’s already proved that at other clubs, he’s simply not good enough. All we can hope is that being his own club he might improve 20%,but so far he hasn’t shown he can. 🙁

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:05 PM

We get the bobbybees single minded devotion but I’m not sure the rabid justification and dressing down of those who support boycotts, wherever they are from, is justified.

I get the dedication of those who are fortunate enough to live nearby and have a lifestyle and disposable income to enable them to attend constantly, but I don’t see it as any justification to shout down others who have been doing their support by expensive subscriptions to TV packages, buying shirts and memorabilia etc – it’s all a touch aloof and condescending imo.

Those who go to the match have to be prepared to get stick from those who quite rightly point out they are continuing to fund Ashley. It’s not a jibe it’s just a solid irrefutable fact. You might just have to accept the uncomfortable truth of that as you attend the match.

I for one don’t want constant angry diatribes pointed to me because I feel I’m doing something about a situation that others clearly don’t want to.

• Bobbybee

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:07 PM

Don’t do it jail, you’ll regret it. 🙂 You’ll get better odds for a Toon win mate and think of after the match – you’ll celebrate for nowt!! 😀

• Belfast

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:08 PM

Shouldn’t drink on an empty stomach Jail lol.

• Genjikai

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:08 PM

Bobbybee
    You say nufc till i die.
    And i agree but a general fear of someone who has hopefully got atleast 50 more years (maybe even longer) of supporting the toon, i generally fear that there will be no newcastle left when ashley is done with it.
    We are going to be a victim in his business crash.
    We owe him atleast 144 million pound. That is money he has lent us?
    This is a football club being born in 91 i was lucky to be raised on keegan, not through jumping on board but by being a geordie.
    You say you stood up and protested against other owners in the past.
    Then why should it be any different for me, i know where ive been brought up you stand up when someone is taken advantage of you. You dont let people screw over one of your own, and you dont let a love one get abused.
    Its not because Newcastle are a shite team now, its because newcastle as a region our way of life is getting attacked and everyone is just standing back and watching while ashley shafts it infront of you.

Support the team not the regime is a lie people tell themselves cause they cant face the fact they are to blame for not making a stand. Maybe your 50,60,70, been going for twice as long as ive been alive,
    You are taken that away from me, you are taken what youve had away from the future toon supporters, you are signing up the future generations up to ashleys regime. Your signing my kids up to it, and when ive got to explain to them about ashley ill have to tell them i did stand up,but the older generation had seen it all before and knew better and didnt think they could do out.
    Its beyond a joke now.
    Bobby how can you state nobody hates ashley more than you the match going fan? He is exploiting you, hes exploiting your loyalty, done the same at rangers and will continue doing the same through sports direct to us and many others.
    Its asif no one can see whats around the corner for nufc.
    Is everyone so short sighted?

• Bobbybee

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:11 PM

Tsunki, Where’s my rabid anything? I’ve never attacked boycotters, far from it. I’ve said from day one if you don’t like it don’t go. Nothing rabid there mate. It’s not those who go doing the attacking, there’s only a handful on here.