web analytics

Newcastle Goalkeeper Impressing Fans At Loan Club

Freddie Woodman is making quite the impression at Swansea so far this season. The 22-year-old has made some big saves as Swansea have started the season unbeaten after four games. Freddie has started all four of those league games and has really endeared himself to the Swansea fans.

Woodman extended his current contract with Newcastle one year to 2021 before going on loan earlier this month. We hope Newcastle will make it a priority to get him signed on a long-term deal. If he continues to progress, he could become our goalkeeper of the future.

This is what some of the Swansea fans had to say about Freddie’s performance at QPR last night:

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:14 PM

Belfits,
    Nope, you shouldn’t eat on an empty stomach.

• Reilly

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:14 PM

Looking at the fixtures from now till November, the only clubs i see us getting any points off are Watford and Brighton.

• c-dog

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:17 PM

as per the above, the national press seems to have finally figured out we have had a championship squad for the last 3 years

• Bobbybee

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:20 PM

Genjikai, I said I didn’t want a row, I was just pointing out why people go. You don’t like it, SO DON’T GO. Seriously, you boycotters are like ex smokers. “I’ve quit so you should too and if you don’t I’ll scweem and scweem until I’m sick”.
    You’ve stuck Ashkey for 12 years, so stfu eh? You’re hardly anybody to shout at me are you? “Yeah, I’ve stuck it for 12 years but now I’ve quit EVERYBODY has to”. Honestly mate, you sound like a ten year old kid. Let grown adults make their own choices. We’ve tolerated worse, but that’s what fans do. They take the good with the bad.

• martoon

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:21 PM

Tsunki – your line about funding Ashley makes me really cross – we are not funding Ashley we are funding Nufc. ST sales are used for staff wages and general running of the club. If a lot of us gave up our ST’s it wouldn’t affect Ashley one bit – it would be poor sods in things like the Box Office who would lose their jobs. If Ashley was paying himself then it would be in the accounts – he has repaid some of his loan but then he always said he would. Now before you say it I know Ashley does make money from the club via the free advertising, catering, club shop etc. but I deliberately don’t use these because of this.

• Bobbybee

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:25 PM

C dog, Reilly, yep, we might get points there if we turn up. These players did it with Rafa, if they can’t now its about attitude. We all know what Bruce is – not good enough – but these players are. They were Championship players, but two seasons up makes them PL players. If Bruce can’t make them play he has to try and find someone who can – and good luck with that after Rafa!!

• Genjikai

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:29 PM

Bobby
    Did blackburn plummet before or after boycotts.
    What about blackpool, Coventry,Gateshead,Hartlepool,,Sunderland.
    No all because of bad owners and bad business decsions.
    Your last few years watching the toon are really going to be crash and burn. Thats the regime you are backing.
    Ranagers prime example of what ashleys greed will lead too.
    Youve supported through worse. Your way of thinking is old and what has lead us down this route
    Your part of the past mate.
    Football has moved on from when you where a boy and the worse times you talk about.
    There has never been this much money in the game.
    He has taken your fanatic loyalty and exploited you year on year and will continue to do so.
    It will be the likes of you, posada and bills son that bring the club to its knees and then wont be there to see the worse nufc will ever experience because you will be gone.

• c-dog

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:30 PM

Bobbybee

the majority of our squad is championship standard
    rafa worked miracles
    bruce is totally uncapable of doing the same
    else he’d have managed at a higher level than birmingham/hull/sunderland/villa/wednesday

that list is soon to become birmingham/hull/sunderland/villa/wednesday/newcastle
    and don’t be under any illusion, we are no better than any of those clubs

• c-dog

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:33 PM

it’s 10+ years since newcastle fans could state that they are proud to be newcastle fans
    i’m embarrassed to be a newcastle fan
    and that will not change until Ashley has gone
    and taken this garbage squad and manager with him

• martoon

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:39 PM

Genjikai – You say things have changed but they haven’t really. You are young and think you can change the world but as you get older you realise you can’t and your priorities change – history is littered with plenty of examples of this!

• Jib

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:42 PM

Sorry Tsunki
    I got it wrong
    If you join TMG
    you’ll TRIPLE
    their IQ
    overnight

• IrishRob

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:43 PM

G….. If thats true what were you specifically referring to then? How would what you said make any sense. Surely it has to make sense to be funny?

It certainly came across like you thought you had me caught out, but you actually caught yourself out. If I’m wrong I’ll direct people to the original messages and let them decide for themselves.

If you say you weren’t trying to make and look stupid then I’ll take your word for it. However hard it is to believe, considering you’ve sent a few unprovoked attacks my way in the past.

• Genjikai

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:43 PM

Martoon
    It has changed just not at the toon.
    Im happy for you that your happy just to stand still while nobody teams take over.
    Happy for you all, you all support ashleys version of nufc.

• Bobbybee

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:48 PM

Genjikai, so why are 47k still turning up you mug? YOU are not NUFC. It’s not all about winning.
    Let me explain why clubs crash and burn under boycotts, because you can’t work it out.
    Let’s take Coventry as an example. They had a 28k seater stadium, and because they got relegated their fans decided it was the owners fault. So they spat dummies out and stopped going. Their right, their choice.
    So, regardless of who comes through the turnstiles, they still have a 28k stadium to maintain. 8k doesn’t cover it once the PL money stops. So they can’t buy decent players or get a decent manager, so it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy and they slide. And keep on sliding. Whereas clubs used to only 8k crowds in Division one have cut their cloth accordingly, but will likely remain down there.
    That’s just the money side of it.
    So, you joined under KK and thought it was great. Your first experience of bad owners and you run away ffs. I’m not like you pal. I’m loyal. I was there when we were shit. Second Division for about nine years in the late 70s early 80s. You think PL is bad? Oh bless. Poor lamb. Jog on mate. 47k vs a meeting of 30 blowhards? You work out who has it wrong.
    Get off my back. You don’t understand me and never will. ‘I love Newcastle so I’ll go regardless until it improves’, or ‘I love Newcastle so I’ll stop going and attack those who do’.
    Why do you need everybody else to back you? Because you’re not even convinced you’re right. You need cuddles and people telling you you’re, so right, whereas say I couldn’t give a toss what others think, I make my own choices in life. Go figure who’s right in life.

• IrishRob

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:48 PM

Bobbybee…… you do a lot of complaining about other peoples complaining and behaviour on here. I dont see how your any different. You’re kind of doing the same thing.

Not trying to start a fight just telling you its just as annoying reading people like yourself constantly giving out about other peoples behaviour as it is reading the stuff the guys you’re giving out about are saying.

• Genjikai

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:50 PM

Martoon
    Your part of the old world
    There is a new age now,
    And its about to blow your generations world away.
    My generation will change the world due to the mistakes, greed and explotation of the world from your generation.
    This is due to the fact that if we dont make changes there will be no world left, due to the older generations disregard for everything.
    The sooner the transition happens the better.

• c-dog

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:51 PM

IrishRob

Bobbybee thinks it’s the fans in the stadium that pay for the club to exist
    And not the money generated from being a member of the Premier League
    He’s a tad bit soft

• Genjikai

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:52 PM

No bobby you dont get it
    I was born in the north east in 91. I supported the toon because they are my club.
    I get the toon mate. Lived here my whole life, i think its you that doesnt understand. Maybe its that 25 years you spent away from the toon.

• Genjikai

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:53 PM

Was Coventry in the prem when the ludicrous amount of prem money came into the game?

• Bobbybee

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:54 PM

Genjikai, you’ve just confirmed those ‘deluded Geordie’ claims. “…whilst nobody teams overtake you”. Listen mate, go support City, they’re much more like your level.

• Bants

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:54 PM

All a bit heavy on here today.

Where’s geordietom and his comedy routine?

#gtomshitepatter

• hibbit

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:55 PM

So we now saying your not a fan if you don’ have a ST or you don’t live in the UK,
    bearing in mind the platform being used to make these ridiculous statements is a US based blog set up to try and keep NUFC fans around the world in touch with the club they love,
    and now the bird brains on here are telling them there not fans,

SO WHEN IS A FAN NOT A FAN AND WHO DECIDES ?????????????

• Genjikai

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:56 PM

Bobby you are actually thick.
    You are a mug
    You are a asset in the eye of the owner nothing more.
    You are getting exploited because you are weak.
    End of.
    Not my fault youve never had enough fight to stand up for something you love.

• Genjikai

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:56 PM

Bobby bee and posada have decided

• Bants

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:59 PM

Genji #56

Students/young people have been trying to change the world for decades mate.

They all think they will make a difference. They don’t though.

Nowt changes unless the establishment wants change.

A bit like NUFC I’m afraid.

• G

Aug 22, 2019 at 2:00 PM

Irishrob, I certainly dont remember slinging any insults in your direction? Are you sure you are not mistaking me for G2, 9, or any other user whom may use a similar name? Not singling those guys out, just thinking you may have mistaken my name here? If I have in a drunken moment, then I apologise sincerely, as I promissed myself after a heart attack that I wouldnt get in to that sort of thing anymore.

• Bobbybee

Aug 22, 2019 at 2:05 PM

Irish Rob, where do I complain about boycotters? For the thousandth time I’ll say again. Don’t like it – don’t go. I’m not demanding ANYBODY goes ffs, they’re demanding I don’t go. And that won’t happen because unlike them I’ve supported us through much worse, why would I stop now ffs? Am I not speaking English?
    I’m going to watch cricket because people on here, are, dumb as, f**k sometimes. But again, for another time, if you don’t like it don’t f**King go. Is that SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?!!!! GROW UP. Stop seeking justification from other people. Man up and take responsibility for your OWN actions. Jesus wept it’s like an agony aunt section on here. “I’m weak and pathetic and desperately need others to follow my example”. Well I’m not. I make my own decisions and don’t care what others think or do. I will always go even if I’m the last man standing. Do Hartlepool fans weep and cry? No. Why’s that then? They’re shite, not even in the league,but they go because they love Hartlepool. Think on that whilst I’m gone. Should take a day or two. Then it might not sink in

• Munster Mag

Aug 22, 2019 at 2:06 PM

Genj @56 you sound like my 13 year old daughter .

• martoon

Aug 22, 2019 at 2:09 PM

Genjikai @56 – They were saying the same thing in the 60’s & 70’s and do you mean your generation who can’t find your way to the end of the street without Google Maps and can’t arrange to meet without sending 100 texts and dare not speak to each other in case you say something offensive – sure you will!

• Munster Mag

Aug 22, 2019 at 2:11 PM

Jeez at this rate if SD collapses we will too according to OP. Better go get some Donnay socks then.

• IrishRob

Aug 22, 2019 at 4:16 PM

Bobby all you do on here I’d give out about other posters, and tell them what they should be shouting be doing and generally give a bad opinion on them when no one really ever asks for one.

• IrishRob

Aug 22, 2019 at 4:19 PM

I’m not saying dont have an opinion either by the way. I’m just saying what you do on here giving out about them is just as pointless.