web analytics

Two Loan Boys See Action In Carabao Cup

Liam Gibson started for Grimsby Town at home against Macclesfield in this evening’s cup match. It was only his second time on the pitch for the Mariners due to some injury trouble to start this season. However, the game only made it to the half-time before being suspended due to rain.

Elias Sorensen made his third appearance for Carlisle United from the bench. Sorensen came on in the 64th minute in Carlisle’s 2-1 loss to away to Rochdale.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 28, 2019 at 12:37 AM

Bury were formed in 1885, Bolton 1874.

Unless there is a shakeup of the finances of the lower league clubs I see more going down the same path.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Aug 28, 2019 at 12:40 AM

Yeah, I guess Matty’ll play, being a part of the group. He’s clearly a very good young player. Still a little surprised he didn’t go out on loan though. It’s such a big step up in class. Unless he’s really a once in a generation player, I’d say he’s most likely gonna be around the team for half a season or perhaps a full season for the experience, then go out on loan a couple of times, like Sean did, and then hopefully come back and be better equipped to play more of a part.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 28, 2019 at 12:40 AM

Really jealous of Nice, pity he didn’t try to buy us! 🙁

• The next Mike Williamson

Aug 28, 2019 at 12:43 AM

Yeah I imagine he’s going to waste half a season with u23s. We should get him out. It was criminal not loaning Woodman last year. Even league one is good experience.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Aug 28, 2019 at 12:51 AM

That’s just Matt’s version of a pat on the back in the heat of battle. A hearty kick up the arse well done, for Atsu’s all or nothing last ditch tackle. Likewise last season he ferociously slapped Fabian Scharr a few right goodun’s in the face after that memorable mazy run and finish, and got a flinty glare back for his trouble. His kid’s probably pack death every time they bring a good report card home from school. ?

Aug 28, 2019 at 12:51 AM

Is it true that Sky Sports had a countdown to Bury going out of the league. I think that’s unbelievably disgusting. They are part of the problem pleased I don’t subscribe to it.

Aug 28, 2019 at 12:55 AM

Nicky your right Richie kicked Atsu for his last ditch tackle. It’s his form of endearment, along with the slaps across the head.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 28, 2019 at 1:02 AM

Carltoon/Nicky

No take it from me, they are Japanese healing techniques, honest!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 28, 2019 at 1:13 AM

I contacted Ed re. the temporary closure of the blog as I was beginning to think I’d imagined it or that my memory really was going!

He confirmed that he did indeed close it between November 2009 until January 2010 and it was a work related thing not as I had imagined to do with his present problems.

I’ve had a quick trawl through some of those threads prior to the closure and recognise most of the bloggers of the time but as yet haven’t found any of mine which is bloody strange, so was either only reading the comments or mine have somehow gone into limbo. I’ll have another look when i have more time.

• Genjikai

Aug 28, 2019 at 1:28 AM

Egb
    Japanese healing technique.
    Man of many talents you are.

• Genjikai

Aug 28, 2019 at 1:28 AM

I must make a pilgrimage to EGB.
    All hail bill.
    (Dont tell ronaldo)

Aug 28, 2019 at 1:28 AM

Ok Bill I’ll believe you about Richie’s healing techniques. I read the blog for years. Then when I was going to post there was a conflict between big Carl and little carl so I didn’t bother for ages. I remember Jail asked who I was straight away. Ha ha no change there.

Aug 28, 2019 at 1:31 AM

Genjikai what do you think about Sky having a countdown to the 2 clubs going out of the league. Isn’t that a disgrace.

Aug 28, 2019 at 1:35 AM

I hope this shine’s a light on evil theiving owners. Surely now something will get done about it.

• The Wife

Aug 28, 2019 at 1:41 AM

EGB – I think it also had something to do with the fact that NUFC had been relegated that year as well? At least, that’s what I got from Neil regarding Ed’s temp blog hiatus.

toon22 – Gravatars are not “required” per se, but as you point out, they were added as a feature to the blog when it was created and everyone has the option to use or not as they see fit.

I catch up on the blog tonight, and I see people looking for TonyBaloney?!?! I, for one, don’t miss that pot-stirrer.

Interesting reads about the dark side of Newcastle, dodgy doormen and such! Thankfully, I didn’t see any of THAT sort of business that last time I was there with Neil about 3 years ago, lol. I will say that I thoroughly enjoyed Jesmond Dene Park, the SJP tour and having a pint in The Strawberry and seeing the makeshift “La fresa de Rafa” sign out front. But getting used to it still being relatively “daylight” out at 9pm was something else altogether. So surreal! Lovely bridges, lovely coast (but oh, so windy!), lovely town. I hope we can get back there soon for another visit. 🙂

• Genjikai

Aug 28, 2019 at 1:43 AM

Carltoon
    Its asif its all a big joke to everyone.
    Sky are absolute shit bags for doing that in my opinion.
    Football clubs are community assets man.
    Football is getting spoilt.

• Genjikai

Aug 28, 2019 at 1:48 AM

Good post the wife.
    Newcastle is a truly beautiful place to be.

Aug 28, 2019 at 1:49 AM

Genjikai
    keep up with the good work, we’ll get rid of him some how.
    The wife all that about the hard men was a long time ago. It was great time to be alive. As long as you kept away from seedy side of life. I only new them by reputation.

• lesh

Aug 28, 2019 at 1:49 AM

Cartoon

As you’ve met some of the town’s gangland hard men, maybe you should change your name to Molltoon?

On second thoughts, no, you’ll be accused of being a multiple. But then again, anybody pointing that finger at you could be in line for a bit of advice, customer care.

Aug 28, 2019 at 1:55 AM

Lesh really like I said I only new them by reputation. I didn’t know who Fergie was, he came over and started to chat me up. Remember this was a long time ago. He KO the poor bloke that tried to sit next to me. Believe me I rushed home to my lovely husband. Who’s getting better on the guitar by the way!!!

Aug 28, 2019 at 2:09 AM

Talking about Hard men, I was after a cup final ticket in the seventies and this day a very very handsome man just walked into my office and put down a ticket. I think they called him Paddy Leonard. He was a right vilen. I didn’t know he was going out with my sister who was very beautiful. She kept it very quiet. I sound as if I had a exciting life. I didn’t.

Aug 28, 2019 at 2:11 AM

Villain even.

Aug 28, 2019 at 2:14 AM

Well I’m going to bed seeing as there’s no one else to talk to. I’ll ask Jib tomorrow if he new Paddy Leonard. I still took the ticket for the cup final. We lost as usual.

• Genjikai

Aug 28, 2019 at 2:16 AM

You at match carltoon the day?

• The Wife

Aug 28, 2019 at 2:16 AM

carltoon – that last story of yours made me cackle. 😀

Think I’m done for the evening as well. G’night all!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 28, 2019 at 2:17 AM

The Wife, aye I think we all suffered a bit of depression that year. 🙂

Some of us were talking about Jesmond Dene a while ago and I mentioned the horrible stench it had when I lived near there, apparently it still smells which is a shame cos as you say it is a beautiful place.

• Genjikai

Aug 28, 2019 at 2:19 AM

The wifes appearance on the blog is calming,
    Its like your mam reading you a beadtime story off to sleep.
    Good feature hope it continues.

• NY Mag

Aug 28, 2019 at 2:20 AM

Just catching up on the blog over a late brekky….all the nostalgia makes for fascinating reading 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 28, 2019 at 2:21 AM

Oh well bedtime for me as well, g’dnight all!

Aug 28, 2019 at 2:22 AM

No I’m not going tonight. Not giving more money. When I see you I’ll tell you how I get my ticket for the season.

• NY Mag

Aug 28, 2019 at 2:22 AM

Genji,

I was thinking the same thing….it’s like getting a pat on the back and telling us “we’re good lads really” 😀

Aug 28, 2019 at 2:26 AM

NY Mag I can assure you I’m not a gangsters moll.

• NY Mag

Aug 28, 2019 at 2:26 AM

I know….I was just joking with you earlier 🙂

• Genjikai

Aug 28, 2019 at 2:26 AM

Carltoon
    Respect, your decision on that like.

• Genjikai

Aug 28, 2019 at 2:30 AM

Ny mag
    Were all good lads, were all friends here….

Aug 28, 2019 at 2:30 AM

Goodnight all .

• NY Mag

Aug 28, 2019 at 2:31 AM

Goodnight Carltoon and Bill!!

• Genjikai

Aug 28, 2019 at 2:32 AM

Carltoon
    Enjoy your sleep.
    As you say if we all keep up the work and keep chipping away at him we will one day be free.
    Dream of that freedom, HWTL.

• NY Mag

Aug 28, 2019 at 2:33 AM

Genii,

That’s the way it should be mate, for the life of me I don’t understand why some people constantly squabble on here…I don’t know where they get the energy from 🙂

• Genjikai