web analytics

Young Midfielder Responded Like An Old Pro After Norwich Disappointment

Sean Longstaff was not involved from the start at Norwich. However, he came back into the starting eleven against Tottenham and played very well. His impact on the team cannot be understated. Even against Norwich, when he was brought on late in the game, you saw the difference he made.

After the great victory against Tottenham, Sean spoke a little bit about the tough week at Newcastle after the Norwich defeat. He also mentioned the traveling fans and how important they are to the team.

“It is massive. At Newcastle, everything gets blown out of proportion. There has been a lot of criticism thrown our way, but that shows how good a team we are.

“It is a tough time and it shows.

“The away end is always packed, they always back us. The trains are off, and they are here cheering us. The fans are a massive part of this club. When everyone is together we can come and get results like this.”

Sean was not happy with being left out at Norwich, but he handled it exactly how you would have hoped. He responded with maturity and got back to work.

The Chronicle have published some of Sean’s comments this morning about how he has responded after the disappointment of last week.

“You want to play as many games as you can. Arsenal was my first proper game in five months. You can play all the pre-season games you want, but there’s nothing quite like playing in the Premier League,”

“I’m a professional. You get your head down, work hard and do as much as you can to get back in the team. You cheer on the lads when you’re on the sideline and this week I got my chance again.

“There are probably little bits of quality I need to touch up on, but I think that’ll only come with playing games. I’m playing better week on week.

“Like the manager said, it’s probably going to take a bit of time. The type of person I am, I want to be back at that level straight away.

“There are enough good people around me to not let me get too angry at myself. That can happen when there are certain things you’re used to doing naturally and you have to try to do them a little bit more or think about them a bit more, which can be frustrating.

Sean is well on his way back to where he was prior to his injury. His performance against Tottenham was a clear indication the best is still to come for the youngster.

We think that Sean will most likely not start the Leicester City game tomorrow. Though he may play a part from then bench. It would be just great if both Sean and his brother Matty could get on the pitch tomorrow at some point.

• Munster Mag

Aug 27, 2019 at 1:15 PM

• Munster Mag

Aug 27, 2019 at 1:16 PM

Suck it up Linfield !!

( Only messin Rob! )

• bettyswallocks

Aug 27, 2019 at 1:24 PM

John Reese………… It does indeed look as though some squad rotation will be required on Wednesday . Lascelles will more than likely be rested as he looked sore on Sunday so that will mean rotating captains as well.

The blog does have an expert on this subject but he seems to be taking a sabbatical . I hope he comes back soon as I do miss him.

• martoon

Aug 27, 2019 at 1:29 PM

When you think about it the cup game will probably be our second eleven v Leicester second eleven and I don’t think many would argue that theirs is definitely better than ours?

• Jib

Aug 27, 2019 at 1:35 PM

It must be cos Lobby’s from Shields.
    There’s lots of old pros on the quayside
    😛

• Jib

Aug 27, 2019 at 1:35 PM

Rooney would love it
    😛

• IrishRob

Aug 27, 2019 at 1:42 PM

Munster lol lol seriously like!!

• IrishRob

Aug 27, 2019 at 1:44 PM

OLD pros!! Lol

• Nostradamus " Mike Ashley The Clown "

Aug 27, 2019 at 1:52 PM

I can see Jonjo coming back into the team giving Sean a rest, maybe play Matty along side Jonjo would be interesting.
    Fern in for Jamaal and Clarke in for Schar playing four across the back, maybe with Manny and Dums, wings Ritchie and right wing? Playing Gayle and Migs up front for the counter punch speed.

• Munster Mag

Aug 27, 2019 at 1:54 PM

Betty, all Ireland final will be on soon for your delectation. Incredibly fit amateur athletes playing a really skillful game which is hugely tactical in front of 80.000 fans in one of the biggest stadia in Europe. .

• Nufc-83

Aug 27, 2019 at 1:54 PM

Gayle is a couple of weeks away why are people continuing to include him lol

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 27, 2019 at 1:57 PM

Wouldn’t surprise me to see Kyle Scott and Yannick Toure in the squad, if not the team.

• Anglo Saxon

Aug 27, 2019 at 1:58 PM

While since you been on the quayside Jib very respectable for a long time now, back in the early 60s probs.

• Anglo Saxon

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:00 PM

Very few ships come this way from foreign places any more.

• Anglo Saxon

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:06 PM

Sure you come from NE Jib

• Mindshaft

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:13 PM

Anglo, i remember the old quayside well, grandad used to own a garage down there – rats the size of fat cats , used to have a pint in the cooperage before popping to Julie’s to try our luck 😀

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:13 PM

Of course Bruce has to field a weakened team, hes got a weakened squad. Thanks Mike. So now we have to have a heroic performance from he subs to get through to the next round.

• Nostradamus " Mike Ashley The Clown "

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:20 PM

Gayle is a couple of weeks away why are people continuing to include him lol.

Lol. Lol , Lol.
    Would have been more productive just to say, I think Gayle is still injured and not be a less productive member of society. LOL

So swop in Muto as Gayle is injured.

• bettyswallocks

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:21 PM

Munster……… Can’t wait . I’ve been looking forward to it for ages. Whilst you’re on I noticed during the game on Sunday that the match barl appeared to be dead booncy like. I’ve been meaning to ask you your thoughts on it .

• Anglo Saxon

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:22 PM

Mindshaft remember it well, minus the rats, remember the pros that Jib mentions, a long time ago, makes me think he’s never been here for a long time. Think he’s older than he makes out to be.

• lesh

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:28 PM

RobLeenio

From an earlier post

I don’t know as I’ve only one ID but is it not possible for one person have a number of Windows windows open and each being logged into The Blog under different names and with comments primed ready to submit near simultaneously?

I was going to suggest Jiblets, our very own sage, might know but thought better of it.

• Munster Mag

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:28 PM

Howay Betty man, wor baal is booncy an’ aal ya knaa hinny ! 🙂

• Munster Mag

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:30 PM

Tarquin, all prem sides send out weakened teams. You know that but you still whinge. Priceless.

• lesh

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:36 PM

Rooney would love it [the Quay] and Jib still does.

He can be seen, every night no matter the weather, outside what used the be Baltic, dressed to the nines, fishnets the lot and muttering about trade not being the same since the ships stopped coming up the river. It brings a tear to the eye.

• Munster Mag

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:43 PM

Lesh, why do yu need to talk about another supporter dressed as a woman. Is this some sort of geordie affliction that I’m not aware of ? You and Tuff and one or two others are always bringing it up?

• Anglo Saxon

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:45 PM

Lesh don’t think he’s in this country mate, think could be Costa Del Sol, Spanish waiter could be a good guess. All-day English breaky.

• hibbit

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:45 PM

lesh
    i would suggest Jib would have more at home in The Northumberland Arms at New Quay, North Shields
    ” the jungle”

• Anglo Saxon

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:50 PM

hibbit The Jungle, it’s been closed for more than 20 years mate.

• Anglo Saxon

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:53 PM

I woked at Leslie’s shipyard contracted night shift, we used to jump the wall spend a couple of hours drinking chatting to the pros, then back over the wall to finish the shift happy days.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 27, 2019 at 2:53 PM

Munster

Some I agree with, some I dont.

Better system, still disorganized, needs a few tweaks and time, which explains the last ditch challenges and lack of possession.

As I said Bruce should stick with it and see how it goes.

If Rafas team had played like that youd still be slagging him off.

So could you explain how you’re happy with a worse version of Rafas style?

• Jib

Aug 27, 2019 at 3:02 PM

Anglo Saxon
    I was cracking wise
    There’s always a boring fart in the company who picks all
    the nits out of a joke.
    I bet you’re a bundle of laughs

• Jib

Aug 27, 2019 at 3:05 PM

Strangely I was down the quayside a few days ago
    and I bumped into one of Ginger Burns old working gals
    she’s now a very old looking toothless pensioner.
    Life moves on I guess

• Jib

Aug 27, 2019 at 3:08 PM

It’s actually far from a worse version of Rafa’s style.
    The team seemed to work much harder than under Rafa.
    All hands to the pumps helping out the defense if an attack broke down.

• Just a fan

Aug 27, 2019 at 3:09 PM

Anglo
    And they wonder why the shipyards closed.

• Mindshaft

Aug 27, 2019 at 3:13 PM

The Jungle, now there was a shithole – was good craic though …AHH happy times best left in the past – remember going there with Viv Graham when he was still boxing rather than when he became a knucklehead – he still ended up fighting even though 😀

• Anglo Saxon

Aug 27, 2019 at 3:15 PM

Hi Jib see you got your boyfriend with you Just a Fanny. actually, jib got a great sense of humour, loads of mates big family live in the NE what more can I say. think you’re out of the country though.

• Anglo Saxon

Aug 27, 2019 at 3:19 PM

Just a fanny had a great life enjoyed every minute.

• Anglo Saxon

Aug 27, 2019 at 3:24 PM

Mindshaft was there when Viv and Ashton decided to have it out what a scrap ashey couldn’t box Viv didn’t let him get near otherwise paul would have won.

• GeordieTwo

Aug 27, 2019 at 3:29 PM

It’s hilarious to watch Jib/Jane/Jeff pull a Putin on here. Oh I don’t understand how to get a gravatar. I’m not Jane/Jeff because they have gravatars. It’s lying to continue to mislead. I don’t bother with a gravatar because I’m a lazy old barsteward who can’t be bothered but I happily admit it. Jib/Jane/Jeff has an entirely different motivation.

• Anglo Saxon

Aug 27, 2019 at 3:32 PM

Strangely I was down the quayside a few days ago
    and I bumped into one of Ginger Burns old working gals
    she’s now a very old looking toothless pensioner.
    Life moves on I gues

Ginger wasn’t that one of your teachers at Dame Allan’s bit suspect me thinks.