web analytics

Defender Dismisses Interest From Italy And Stresses His Thoughts Are Only On Newcastle

Fabian Schar rebounded well against Tottenham after the poor performance the week prior at Norwich. He is also just one of two players, along with Isaac Hayden, who has played the full 90 minutes this week against both Spurs and Leicester City.

He was listed as a doubt for Leicester City after the rousing Tottenham victory but was able to come into the side and play the full game. He ended up putting in a top performance in the Cup tie. Of particular note was his long-range set-piece which set up Muto’s tying goal.

Fabian Schar– celebrating after one of his wonder goals

His penalty in the shoot-out was also very well-executed as he oozed with calmness while taking it.

Fabian has given an interview in the Chronicle where he discusses the Leicester result and how it will not have any ill-effects for the Watford match today.

“Of course, it was hard to lose on penalties, but that’s football sometimes.

“We’ve had three days to forget about Leicester now and are really only looking forward to Watford.

“There will always be one or two players that end up missing penalties in football.

“It is part of the game.

“It wasn’t a problem, and we haven’t spoken about this.”

We are happy that Fabian is only looking towards the next match, and has put the disappointment against Leicester in the rearview mirror.

He also asserts that the players are going in the right directions under Steve Bruce after the excellent performance at Spurs.

“When you see the game against Spurs, you can see the players are going the right way under the manager.

“We know week by week exactly what we have to do.

“We know what he expects from us.

“We will keep working like this.”

It’s important for the lads to keep plugging away. If they can put in performances every week, they should have enough quality to finish the season comfortably.

Fabian also had some comments about reports from Italy that linked him to AC Milan. This is what he said about that:

“I can’t do anything about newspaper writers in Italy.

“You hear so many different things.

“For me, I’m here and I’m happy. My thoughts are on Newcastle.

“I was already settled last season, to be honest.

“I am happy to play every other week at a great stadium in front of the fans.

“I am glad to be a player here.”

We certainly are happy to have Fabian Schar at Newcastle. He’s become one of our top performers week in and week out. With the transfer windows for many leagues closing on Monday, it’s positive that the only players being linked away currently are those who did not make the 25-squad.

• IrishRob

Aug 31, 2019 at 1:09 PM

TINA TURNER!!

• IrishRob

Aug 31, 2019 at 1:17 PM

I’ve a feeling Hayden is gonna have a monster game today because he probably feels like he let us down with the peno. Just to be clear that lad let no one down, hes a credit to our club.

• Ron Knee

Aug 31, 2019 at 1:19 PM

This Manure performance like the curate’s egg.

• Bobbybee

Aug 31, 2019 at 1:29 PM

Well, that’s me done, time to get heading off to SJP and enjoy the game. Nowhere near recovered from Wednesday so this might be very painful. I know I’m going to regret it tomorrow but tomorrow I’ll deal with it as best I can 🙂 Victory always makes life easier though SO BLOODY WIN!!!! 😀
    3-1. Miggy one and Joelinton two. Howay the Lads. Come on you Mighty Magpies. Let’s start moving up the table. 😉

• geordietom

Aug 31, 2019 at 1:32 PM

Bobby …

enjoy the match mate …

• JohnReese

Aug 31, 2019 at 1:33 PM

GeordieTom- from previous, Maddison has a very dark side to his game, seems he’ll get away with it like Scholes always did as ‘he just can’t tackle’.. He’s also very prone to a dive, I personally wouldn’t have him anywhere near an England squad for those very reasons.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 31, 2019 at 1:35 PM

Simply a pest

• The Wife

Aug 31, 2019 at 1:36 PM

Well, good morning to me! And good afternoon for most of the rest of you! It’s match day, it’s Saturday, I have a three-day weekend due to the holiday on Monday, and I will be able to relax on the sofa with a cup of tea as I watch a Newcastle win against Watford. My prediction is 2-1, with Almiron getting at least one of them. 😀

Now on to blog business…
    My long-winded post the other night about staying on-topic was me trying to step on the least number of toes as possible, but perhaps I should have been more blunt and just said, “There’s a place for political/government talk, but Ed’s blog ain’t it.” That’s all I was really trying to get across.

Regarding toon22 – He’s got one song and we all know the lyrics. But I’ll not deny him the right to sing it.

Ed, Neil and I – we don’t condone insult slinging, but there’s plenty of bloggers on here that do that, not just toon22. It’s the internet, and it’s the nature of the beast. You have to be thick-skinned sometimes. If you can’t take it, don’t dish it, and all that.

• IrishRob

Aug 31, 2019 at 1:40 PM

BOYCOTT….. dont cry, dry those tears!!

• Jib

Aug 31, 2019 at 1:42 PM

Americans can’t even spell Labour properly
    IT SHOULD BE LABOUR DAY
    not labor day

• IrishRob

Aug 31, 2019 at 1:43 PM

When Miggy gets his goal I get a feeling no flood gates are going to open, I just dont see him scoring that many in our team atm. But hes definitely due one. It would be nice to see him get one. The place would erupt!!

• IrishRob

Aug 31, 2019 at 1:45 PM

Its American-English Jib, its perfectly fine. Same as Honor and Honour, both are acceptable. Calm your tiddies.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Aug 31, 2019 at 1:46 PM

Most of the best players have a darker side to their game. Shearer certainly did, Ronaldo, Messi, Maradona, Zidane, Ramos, Gullit, Rijkaard, Klinsmann, Keane, Viera etc etc etc.

Maddison should be starting in that England team, question marks on him being in the squad are madness. He is the most creative player England have, as shown by his stats in the Prem last season.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Aug 31, 2019 at 1:47 PM

Even Miggy has said recently he isn’t a big goalscorer. We seem to have ignored everyrhing about his performances and career, to create a legend of a completely different player.

• AncientC

Aug 31, 2019 at 1:48 PM

Southampton all over Man Utd with what I would call a weaker group of players than the Newcastle squad. Impressive coaching & tactics at Southampton.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 31, 2019 at 1:50 PM

Lovely curling ball in by that Danso you mentioned Lilongwe.

• simon376

Aug 31, 2019 at 1:52 PM

The Wife
    You should just say what you mean and as it is, everyone else does on here, but yes let’s keep this place for football and of course music and pictures of the beautiful area

Enjoy your long weekend and change your tea to something strong to celebrate a win

• Lilongwe Geordie

Aug 31, 2019 at 1:53 PM

Jail,
    He is a decent player. He has been caught a couple of times, which is possibly age and a bit of naivety, but there is definitely a player in him. He is far more of a centre half, but can play both full backs and holding midfield.

A good signing by the saints, I’m assuming they have a buy agreement in the loan deal.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 31, 2019 at 1:54 PM

The Wife,
    Do you watch much MLS in your house?

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 31, 2019 at 1:55 PM

Lilongwe,
    There was a mention of him on talksport earlier as well, about him being with MK Don’s before moving to Germany.

• The Wife

Aug 31, 2019 at 1:57 PM

Jib, I’m a Yank. I spell it how I spell it. 😛

• Lilongwe Geordie

Aug 31, 2019 at 1:59 PM

Jail,
    Was there? He Is one of a group of good young Austrian players at the moment. Don’t know much about where he was born, or if he was born in Austria, when he moved to England, but I think he joined MK Dons at 9/10.

He has played for all the Austrian youth teams, I wonder whether he would be eligible for England as well, if he was asked/chose to switch allegiances at senior level.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Aug 31, 2019 at 2:00 PM

And off he goes. Stupid tackle.

• simon376

Aug 31, 2019 at 2:00 PM

The Wife

Got to say I think you all spell centre the right way, what we do doesn’t seem right, mind my spelling is hopeless, spell checkers were made for me

• toon22

Aug 31, 2019 at 2:01 PM

Hiya JIM

• Ron Knee

Aug 31, 2019 at 2:02 PM

Shelvey on the bench.

• The Wife

Aug 31, 2019 at 2:04 PM

Jail – We do not. I really don’t find any appeal in MLS and neither does Neil. If the PL is not on, he’s watching La Liga, Bundesliga, or some other foreign league. Never anything domestic.

• JohnReese

Aug 31, 2019 at 2:04 PM

Got to say I’m interested to see how we do without Ritchie today. Obviously we have Lascelles as captain but Ritchie is a leader on the pitch and is often the one pushing players on.

• Jib

Aug 31, 2019 at 2:06 PM

Krafth and Willems playing

• TomaKaThor

Aug 31, 2019 at 2:06 PM

NEver should of been red because Young got a free kick just before when he shouldn’t have, he was the one obstructing

• Nufc-83

Aug 31, 2019 at 2:09 PM

Lol what did I say about this supposed injury crisis.

• Jib

Aug 31, 2019 at 2:11 PM

Nufc-83
    Bruce being a bit of a fox