web analytics

Three Players Tweet About Disappointment With Just One Point

Three of our top performers in Fabian Schar, Christian Atsu, and Jamaal Lascelles have tweeted about their disappointment with not securing the full three points yesterday.

This has been a running theme coming from Steve Bruce and the players after yesterday’s result against Watford. It was a missed opportunity at getting three points that would have seen Newcastle up to eighth place in the table. However, the point takes them out of the relegation zone and into fourteenth.

It give Newcastle a solid platform to build upon. However, they next face Liverpool at Anfield on September 14th. That fixture represented our worst defeat of the season as Liverpool easily won 4-0.

We’ll have to see how Steve Bruce approaches this match. Though we would imagine it will be similar to the Spurs match last weekend. The game at Liverpool also might see the return of Andy Carroll for Newcastle. While playing Liverpool at Anfield is nothing to look forward to, the return of Big Andy will be.

Who Was Newcastle's Man Of The Match In Draw Against Watford?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• The Wife

Sep 1, 2019 at 10:46 PM

I know we have some NUFC fans/bloggers sprinkled throughout the US. Are any of you in Florida, or along the east coast? Just wanted to say stay safe and take any and all necessary precautions as the (now) Cat 5 hurricane makes its way through this week. It should be a Cat 1 by the time it gets to us in Raleigh, NC but it’s moving quite slow, so that will mean a lot of rain and flooding issues. Be safe!

• Nicky the ball tosser

Sep 1, 2019 at 10:47 PM

I always used to vote for Ayoze Perez, because I thought he was our most underrated player. Now he’s gone I’m voting for Javier Manquillo in his place, for the same reason, although I’ll admit its a bit more of a stretch. 🙂

Joelinton is settling in nicely. Good footballer for a big man, can drop deep or drift into wide areas get on the ball and link up play nicely, holds it up well too, has a bit of pace, good in the air, a lot to like now we’ve seen a few games from him in this league.

We must stick with Hayden and Longstaff in the middle of the park. Hayden has really matured into a fine player who still has another 10% or more to find, and Longstaff has the potential to be even better, and they compliment each other.

Sep 1, 2019 at 10:50 PM

Would be a shame if someone was to give JIBs old posts a Gravatar

😉

Sep 1, 2019 at 10:58 PM

What The Chronicle didn’t mention is that Marrico Asset Management, the company charged with the development of the site has been commissioned by Mike Ashley as part of a private scheme which will give no benefit to Newcastle United whatsoever in any financial sense – even though the lease was purchased as part of the purchase of what supporters would understand to be “Newcastle United”.

• RobLeenio

Sep 1, 2019 at 11:05 PM

The Wife, I’ll echo those sentiments – I hope everyone manages to stay safe and secure over the next few days. Football becomes irrelevant when you consider the forces at play when nature unleashes its wrath.

• Genjikai

Sep 1, 2019 at 11:14 PM

The wife
    How can there be 2 jibs?

• RobLeenio

Sep 1, 2019 at 11:19 PM

I think we’re heading into the International break in decent shape. When we return, we’ll have daylight between us and the relegation zone (albeit only one point, but still…), we’ll have a squad which has continued to learn how to play together and we’ll have one or two of the lighter injuries back playing.

Jetro Willems is rapidly justifying his signing and although it’s a loan, we have an option to buy. Joelinton is looking like a very good player, though I’m not convinced we’re maximising his talents yet. Ronaldo Aarons put together an excellent analysis of his skills and strengths yesterday, I’ll not be able to do such a good job so I’ll not bother trying. Suffice to say, there will be more to come.

Almiron is getting some criticism. I was always dubious of his signing before he arrived, but I’m confident that he will come good, given time and confidence.

So, some issues going forward, which ASM may well help to solve when he returns from injury. In defence and midfield, we look much stronger. Shelvey remains a conundrum which is hard to solve but is a great alternative to our other options. Longstaff hasn’t yet been hitting the heights of last season, but will get there, Hayden has been Mr Consistent.

Our defence is just solidity personified. We can rely on that part of the team, and Dubs, to keep us in games, just as we did last season.

So, reasons to be cheerful, for sure, at least on the pitch. The issues off it are more long-term by nature and may take a lot more time to sort out.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Sep 1, 2019 at 11:31 PM

I think we are now finally approaching the end of Ashley. He’s lost over 15% of the crowd, has no backing at all on Tyneside, and won’t spend sufficiently or well enough to win them back. We have a decent group, a buyer will emerge, a deal will be done, quietly and quickly sometime over the next 18 months.

• Online Guy

Sep 1, 2019 at 11:32 PM

Ed, Neil ,

can you look into just how many names that Jib runs under on this website ? Iv just been told he is also Posada, Its common knowledge that he is Jane , how many nom de plume is he running with ?

I ask because it’s skewing honest debate on your website ..we don’t know what is propaganda or what is true reflection of the views of honest supporters here .

He sets an agenda of his own and those tactics generally lead contributers away from football and into defending themselves in an argument of his choosing ..take this disgracefull comment for instance ..Im bloody fuming .

Sep 1, 2019 at 8:12 PM

Mr Tuff stick to interfering with children
    I’m sure you referenced it on an earlier post

Bloody disgusting and no place on this Football website .

• lesh

Sep 1, 2019 at 11:38 PM

Nicky

‘.… a buyer will emerge, a deal will be done, quietly and quickly sometime over the next 18 months’

I’m sure most of he’ll say amen to that.

Sep 1, 2019 at 11:39 PM

Genjikai

JIB had to change his email to get his gravatar
    As if he used his old email the gravatar he used would be visible right back to when the blog started, cant remember the year
    So he pretended he needed a new one so it didnt show all the old shenanigans

Hence his gravatar dont show up on his old posts

Sep 1, 2019 at 11:40 PM

Nicky the ball tosser

Just like the other 8 times ?

Sep 1, 2019 at 11:41 PM

Online Guy

All they have to do is give his old email a gravatar

The rest will do itself

• Online Guy

Sep 1, 2019 at 11:42 PM

Posada

Apologies to you if your not Jib ..I read on this site that you are..Allegedly .

Jib you need to apologise to someone ..that was bad .

Sep 1, 2019 at 11:42 PM

He has decided he wanted to use one
    They are simply helping him clear up the IT problem he had with his old email

😉

Sep 1, 2019 at 11:43 PM

They didnt decide he should use one

He did

LMFAO

Sep 1, 2019 at 11:46 PM

My gravatar showed up back when i used to post under my old gamer tag
    TinFinger
    I had totally forgot it existed its from so long ago
    Had decided it was a bit childish keeping it at the time

Go take a look, my gravatar is there to see
    While your there look for JIBS

😉

• Online Guy

Sep 1, 2019 at 11:46 PM

Toon22

He’s overstepped the mark today . Could not believe what I was reading .

Perhaps someone hijacked Jibs account ?

Sep 1, 2019 at 11:51 PM

Not with a gravatar

It can only be him

The other consequence he didnt consider

LOL

• lesh

Sep 1, 2019 at 11:53 PM

Online

Something for the geriatrics among us (yourself excluded of course) to remind us of the days when

• lesh

Sep 1, 2019 at 11:56 PM

Online

You’re being too generous. The only ones to hijack Jib’s account are his aliases. He’s been catched!

• Online Guy

Sep 1, 2019 at 11:56 PM

I forgot these ” …………….. “

• Online Guy

Sep 2, 2019 at 12:02 AM

Lesh

Will check out that link I’v just spotted .

I’m sure Jib will extricate himself from his faux pas.

Not good form though .

• Online Guy

Sep 2, 2019 at 12:07 AM

Lesh

Iv been away and thought I would read back on the blog each time I sat down for a coffee ..I gave up in the end as reading back near 2 weeks meant I was never going to catch up to say today .. and then have to claw back the hours ..so iv missed reading zillions of posts and no doubt good craic .

Anyway as a gossip myself ..has there been any good scraps ? Any scandal apart from Jibbicus ?

• lesh

Sep 2, 2019 at 12:08 AM

Online

Jib’s got form and has probably had a number of warnings from Ed. His behaviour over the years has been consistently erratic – sometimes good and civilised and other times just plain nasty.

He’s got a problem and whatever it is, he needs treatment.

Sep 2, 2019 at 12:13 AM

Have you had a look at that FB profile I posted
    Likely to be his ?

That’s fine weird stuff right there

Have you noticed the ever present
    “ Jabba will be gone soon” rubbish people post ?
    Insert whatever reason they give

Being strung along it seems

Sep 2, 2019 at 12:14 AM

Go take a look on FB

Jim’s Benwell

Sound familiar
    His posts look familiar

Proper weird

• lesh

Sep 2, 2019 at 12:19 AM

Online

Being away you’ve missed nowt. The usual Ashley apologists and cheerleaders in denial about the impact the bustard’s had and continues to have on NUFC. I really am convinced that Bishop has shills massaging opinion.

Anyway, assuming you’ve been on your jollies or accusing the Johnson-Trump fraternity, here’s something that may make you laugh. He is thought provoking and my battery’s about to die so

Have a good night

• lesh

Sep 2, 2019 at 12:22 AM

Online

* ……amusing the Johnson-Trump fraternity…..

• Online Guy

Sep 2, 2019 at 12:27 AM

Lesh.. a Geritiatrick

You are not far wide of the mark mate..ooh me fking back !

Night Lesh, thanks for the update .

I’m back so expect sparks to fly and shit to hit the proverbial. Joking of course.

Sep 2, 2019 at 12:28 AM

Lesh

It’s blatant now

• Online Guy

Sep 2, 2019 at 12:30 AM

There you stood on the edge of your feather expecting to fly .

• Online Guy

Sep 2, 2019 at 12:34 AM

Bills son is back

Just read your bro played for Burnley

Wasn’t Alfie Bolshevik by any chance was it ?

• Online Guy

Sep 2, 2019 at 12:34 AM

Toon 22

I will have a peep.

• Online Guy

Sep 2, 2019 at 12:53 AM

Really getting fed up in our local ,

Warrick Hunt keeps winning the domino card .. Barmaid was looking for him tonight as he won again ..we told her he was in the lounge ..We heard her calling his name …

• The Wife

Sep 2, 2019 at 1:17 AM

Neil and I have just spent the last 45 minutes investigating the “alt” situation, and have not turned up much in support of the accusations. We checked for identical IP addresses as well as email addresses. The suspected “alts” are either actual, different people – OR – someone’s got a room full of laptops each signed on as a different user and they are playing musical chairs in an attempt to cope with their dissociative identity disorder.

¯\_(?)_/¯

Which seems more likely?

• The Wife

Sep 2, 2019 at 1:19 AM

Haha, my “shrug” emoji is not supposed to have a ? in the middle of the ‘face’, but I guess it still fits.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 2, 2019 at 1:57 AM

toon22

I’m a little confused perhaps you can clarify something for me.

Your stated agenda is to get rid of Ashlie which is very commendable, but the majority of your recent post seems to be to try and out Jib as a multiple blogger and prove he is some kind of PR secret agent on this blog.

The Wife has just stated that as far as she and Neil can see there is no evidence to back up your assertions unless he has a garage full of laptops on which he flits back and forth at high speed. I find that highly unlikely despite his own wry comments saying he has.
    Their investigations also seem to suggest that their are not an infestation of shills and undercover PR agents operating on this blog so can I humbly suggest that you turn your zeal back to your very worthy cause of ridding the Toon of Mr Ashlie and desist from badgering fellow bloggers.

In many peoples eyes he deserves the shite he gets, OK that’s up to them but you seem to be obsessing with proving something and it really aint worth it as it doesn’t really achieve anything, it’s water off a ducks back as far as he is concerned.

Up to you mate!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 2, 2019 at 2:03 AM

Anyway I’m off to bed now so to save some effort I’ll do it for you.

Hiya EGB