web analytics

Former Newcastle United Midfielder Has Left Championship Club By Mutual Consent

Vurnon Anita was released from Newcastle United in the summer of 2017 after his contract ran out. He had been with Newcastle for five seasons having joined in the summer of 2012 after our fifth-place finish in the league.

Anita promptly joined Championship side Leeds in 2017, but it was not smooth sailing for the Dutchman. He managed just 22 appearances his first season at Leeds. When Marcelo Bielsa took the helm at Elland Road the next summer, Vurnon was not part of his plans. He spent last season on loan at Eredivisie club Willem II.

This season there has been a lot of speculation about where Anita would play. The thirty-year-old had just the one year remaining on his contract with Leeds but was not given a squad number for this season. He had been in talks with Panathinaikos in Greece on a loan move, but that never materialized.

Leeds United have just announced that Anita has left the club by mutual consent. That will hopefully allow Vurnon to find a team to play for this season. Vurnon made 155 appearances for Newcastle.

• lochinvar

Sep 2, 2019 at 3:50 PM

Vurnon – China seems to be the place to be.
    Give Rafa a call he’ll get you sorted.

• Mindshaft

Sep 2, 2019 at 3:54 PM

Don’t think Rafa thought that much of him – to be honest he wasn’t any worse than what we have now

• G

Sep 2, 2019 at 3:59 PM

Never quite hit the heights I expected but didnt disgrace himself either. Hope he finds a new club soon.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Sep 2, 2019 at 4:05 PM

Posada

You waffle some shit, you’ll say anything but your prayers, which you’ve proved more than once.

Call me all the names you like, doesnt change the fact you’re a liar.

What you going to make up next?

• posada

Sep 2, 2019 at 4:16 PM

Obnoxious Poison

Called you out on that yesterday.
    Stand up one thing I have lied about.
    You did not.
    You can now if you want.

• posada

Sep 2, 2019 at 4:19 PM

Trent
    I’m not obnoxious.
    I just don’t like your comments.
    Hong Kong – you can not be serious.

• Trent1211

Sep 2, 2019 at 5:00 PM

Er you don’t get to decide how others describe you Posada. You can choose your adjectives for me and I get to do the same. People coming together in a common cause is a perfectly valid parallel to draw. I’ve already made the distinction between the two causes very clearly you just choose to ignore it. I really don’t like your posts being an apologist for Strawberry Place so mutual antipathy it is. You’re obnoxious with your superiority complex as a match goer. It’s not a badge of honour. We can all handover £40 a go to the slug.