web analytics

New Signing Feels Settled In The North East And Explains Watford Substitution

We have been quite impressed with Emil Krafth since his arrival on transfer deadline day. His signing was a little overshadowed by the return of Andy Carroll as he made his move from Ligue 1 club Amiens.

His transfer saga was also a drawn-out affair as he had just joined Amiens on a permanent transfer this summer after spending a season on loan there. However, Emil was very keen on joining Newcastle, and it looks like Newcastle really saw something in the 25-year-old Swedish international.

He has come into the side and made an immediate impact. After a poor start against Norwich, Emil has significantly improved over his next three starts. For the moment, he has claimed the right-back position as his own.

While it often takes time for players to adapt to the Premier League, Krafth’s game seems well-suited to England. He certainly looks the part and everything that was said about him as a player appears to be accurate.

Emil is a solid player who has shown his technical ability and is also an astute defender.

He gave an interview in the Chronicle in which he has spoken about his time at Newcastle since his arrival just three weeks ago.

This is what Krafth has said about already feeling settled in Newcastle:

“I really enjoy living in the North East already. I think it is a great city. “It’s a big city, but the people here are very kind to me.

“If you ask them something, they are always trying to help you. That is what I like about it.

“It has been a good few weeks for me here so far. The club, the fans, and the team have taken care of me really well. It has been really easy for me to come in.

“When you come into a country, and you can speak the language from the start it is easier to settle in. That helps you a lot.

“Compare that to when I was playing Italy and France it took more time to get settled. But here it has been really fast for me, so that is good.”

Settling quickly will definitely have helped him seamlessly blend into this squad. He just seems like such a good fit for the club and the city, so we are not surprised he is enjoying it so far.

Emil Krafth– settled quickly in the North East

Emil also commented on the Watford match and his belief that they deserved more that just the one point:

“We deserved more and with that little bit of luck, we could have all three points. I think the first goal for Watford was bad for us.”

“If we’d managed to avoid that we’d win the game. But even at 1-1 we looked strong and didn’t let us past us too many times. We came very close to scoring ourselves. We were just a little bit unlucky.

“Thankfully, the defenders can always come up for corners or set-pieces and offer a threat as well. We are a team, and it does not matter who scores.

“For my delivery, I just tried to get a cross in, and Fabian can finish. It was an important moment for us, but unfortunately, we could not get the three points we wanted.”

Emil did struggle early in the game to have a presence down the right flank. Most of Newcastle’s play was concentrated down the right with Christian Atsu and Jetro Willems.

However, Emil picked an opportune time to get in a dangerous delivery that eventually landed for Fabian Schar to strike into the net.

He was substituted late in the second half for Javier Manquillo. The Swede has explained the reason for that substitution:

“I feel good, but it was a tough week. The Spurs game was tough, but I had a little bit of pain against Leicester. I was just a little tired, that’s life.”

Krafth had played the full game away at Spurs and around 50 minutes against Leicester where he was substituted with a slight thigh problem.

Newcastle have a wealth of options at right-back currently, and Emil has been a fantastic addition to this squad.

• Jib

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:39 AM

Oldgit1
    In my day I had left school at 16 and had an account on the same day.

Aye but there’s been two World Wars since then !
    😛

• geordietom

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:46 AM

bus moved …

Owen despise the little turd took all that money while he sat in the treatment room, then when he left he still got money for a period of time when he went to MU.he’s nothing but a money grabbing little shit …

• Jib

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:48 AM

He’s detested equally by LPool ManYoo and Toon fans

• martoon

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:50 AM

Oldgit1 – That’s unbelievable – you would think new accounts would be their top priority. People tend to stick with the same bank so sign them up at 16 and you’ve got their business for the next 50 years or more.

• Mister Tuff

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:53 AM

oldgit – get the daughter to apply via the following (via their Video Banking app):-

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:55 AM

JIB

Whoever you are

Your love of Jabba is truly sickening

Hiya KBA

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:56 AM

Wonder why you use alts to back your views ?

You would have to be payed to like the guy

• Jib

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:56 AM

toon22
    I sicken you ?

Goodoh !!!!
    😀

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:57 AM

Jim’s Benwell

You don’t look that old

LoL

• Jib

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:58 AM

video = online

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:58 AM

The guy wants to crash Debenhams as he’s spat his dummy out

Your praising him

Defending the guys just as bad as being him

It’s never Jabbas fault

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:58 AM

Parliament needs to deal with him

• martoon

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:01 PM

Tuff @ 5 – Of course you can do that but I think the point is if you turn up at the bank wanting to open an account you would think they would be falling over themselves to accommodate you because as I said they’ve then got your business for the the next 50+ years!

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:17 PM

Jib

No Google needed, my ex worked for M&S for 11 years.

Your whole post regarding SD and M&S was irrelevant, just as I was pointing out.

For the last month you’ve claimed all SDs major problems were due to Ashley making rash investments like HoF etc, now you’re saying its major problem is online shopping.

So which is there major problem?

Not sure which Uni you walked past but I’m sure theres only one majority.

If you’re going to bullshit others claims you should atleast stick to your guns and points instead of making stuff up.

• Mister Tuff

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:19 PM

martoon – that should be the easiest way – just walking into the bank. Did it with my folks when I was 16 -at Barclays – and still with them.

Always did not like the concept of banking online – but in the last few months – gone modern and got the Barclays and Barclaycard apps – so far very good.

• Oldgit1

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:21 PM

Thanks for all your comments, except the one regarding two world wars, I did laugh though.

Mr Tuff it’s an appointment that’s the problem, even if you do it online. Thanks though.

Martoon. I have had my bank account since I was 16 at the Nat West. I did want to leave but the direct debits was always going to be time consuming. So like many others once joined, you tend to stay with that one bank.

• Genjikai

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:25 PM

Oldgit
    Bank sorts out all your direct debits for you when you change bank?

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:27 PM

The whole Debenhams thing shows 2 things
    He’s a vindictive horrible lump
    He is starting to show he is in trouble

Hahahahaha

• martoon

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:28 PM

Tuff @15 – Same here opened my account when I started Uni – just walked into the Barclays that was below the Newcastle Student Union and did it (I think it’s a coffee bar now). The Barclays App is pretty good and once set up makes paying bills and transferring money a doddle.

• Trent1211

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:30 PM

Worth a repost as bus moved as they say. Jib your adoration of Ashley shines through. He’s a grotesque. A psychopathically greedy monster. It’s mental illness to just want more and more and more. He has no interest in running a successful club that requires investment. He feeds from us. He wants stasis. Subsistence. He wants to pervert the sporting principle of doing your best. Sly praise for Ashley has no place in a Newcastle United supporters mouth. The world would be better without him. I really hope he’s bitten off more than he can chew and it crashes down around him. He is very focussed on stealing NUFC from within. His attention on us is not in question. We are a huge part of his empire. That aside still not sure how you get a pass for insinuating someone is a paedophile on here. You and Ashley make nice bedfellows.

• martoon

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:31 PM

You can tell it’s an international break – not much football talk – the blog police will be rapping our knuckles soon 😀

• Jib

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:32 PM

OP
    My original point was you saying that SD’s shares were
    70% down on 2015
    I pointed out so were those of M & S
    You then started chirruping on about re-organisation 11 years
    ago.
    I still maintain that the plunge over the last four years is down to
    worldwide changes in shopping habits.
    I really hope you aren’t TMG’s best debater.

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:35 PM

Looks like Jabba is doing a great job with HOF

Cheap hoodies in shabby stores: House of Fraser after a year of Ashley

And he is trying to cause a collapse of Debenhams, so much for him being the savior of the high street

Hiya JIB

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:36 PM

JIB

Maybe you can explain to us how those undisclosed payments Jabba made to his brother, that he has tried for so long to hide, arnt goin to hurt his ability to run a prem club

Cant hide from the HMRC forever

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:38 PM

Looks like Jabba wants to make Oldham the new Rangers

Report: Sports Direct to sponsor Oldham Athletic

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:39 PM

Jib

I pointed out their demise was due to totally different reasons, you tried to make out SD was successful.

If you’re going to make a comparison it’s my right to refute your claims

The comparison I made was between SD and JD, two sporting retailers who’s success and failure in the same market could be looked at side by side.

You claim SD a company who’s major retail is online is struggling because of online shopping, I’d like you to explain how that works.

• Trent1211

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:39 PM

I think his strategy was always to make a hybrid of Debenhams and HoF. Strip out top end brands like Paul Smith and keep them for Flannels. The Debenhams stock/suppliers was crucial to his plan. Oh how I laughed when they screwed him over!

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:41 PM

Jib

It’s not usual in TMG meetings for debates to go off in a unrelated directuon.

No one points out unrelated or irrelevant things like yourself.

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:42 PM

Heading in the right direction LOL

Could Sports Direct go bust?

For the moment at least, I think Sports Direct is an investment well worth avoiding.

Its not at high risk yet but its headed in the right direction, last time i brough this up JIB pointed out all the job losses. He dont seem to mind those job losses at Debenhams

Obviously he dont work there LOL

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:43 PM

Jib

You obviously have time on your hands and I’m off back to work.

Take a look at SD and JD over the last 4 years then get back to me on the global issue

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:45 PM

JD sports are able to sell Nike and Adidas stock
    SD can olny sell stuff from those two if they are desperate to get rid of the stock

They have stated they dont want to be associated with his brand and that his shops are tatty, hence the reason why he has started to up date his shops

JD sports are coining it in while SD looks on unable to compete

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

• Jib

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:46 PM

JD sport are owned by Pentland Group
    They are global

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:46 PM

Its the reason Jabba had the Adidas shares
    He wanted to try and influence their decision on the stock he could sell

It didnt work lol

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:47 PM

HAHAHAHA

JIB

Very, very PR today arnt we

Hiya KBA

• Jib

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:47 PM

Probably waving your arms about going red in the face and calling
    people dicks works at the Irish Centre

• Jib

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:49 PM

OP
    I never pointed out SD were successful
    JD Sports was never mentioned
    No wonder bloggers brand you a liar

• Mister Tuff

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:51 PM

Trent – there has always been factions on here, amongst them are those who will support the most obnoxious and vile poster – not because they support those views but probably because they dislike those who oppose him and make a point of not speaking out against him.
    These are the “walk on by crowd”, “I missed it because I was out shopping with the missus bunch” , “just had some eye drops at the opticians and couldn’t see brigade” et al et al.

Also seem to be a few of “apparently” opened minded posters who have self appointed themselves adjudicators in the blog crimes of said person and declared his innocence – after assessing the latest editors investigations.

I have managed to get an image of these adjudicators carefully assessing all the blog evidence – recent and over the last few years.

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:51 PM

LoL. JIB

King of the BS

😉

• Lilongwe Geordie

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:51 PM

22,
    Sports Direct to sponsor Oldham – that is a 2014 article.

• Trent1211

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:52 PM

Jib is this blog your life? Your source of income even maybe? Everybody else comes and goes and even on rare occasion you aren’t propagating pro-regime propaganda you tap out for alts? No idea what motivates you. You’re a very peculiar character.