web analytics

Newcastle Midfielder Knows What He Has To Do For International Call-Up

Isaac Hayden has been on a surge in the last nine months from back-up to one of the first names on the team sheet. He has started the last 24 Premier League games and become one of Newcastle’s star players.

In Isaac Hayden and local lad Sean Longstaff, Newcastle have a midfield pairing that could be together for many years to come. With both being English, they could even potentially feature internationally at some point in their careers.

Isaac Hayden has spoken about why he feels he is not in the reckoning for an England call-up at the moment.

This is what Isaac has said as published in the Northern Echo:

“I do think about it. I think the issue is that with the way that England play, they tend to go with a lot more attacking, flair type of players in that area.

“They rarely restrain themselves. From what I see looking in from the outside, Gareth only really has one or two players who can play in that more (defensive) position.

“Unfortunately, for me, I’ve got Jordan Henderson, Liverpool captain, and Champions League winner, who in the last couple of years has really stepped up his game to the levels where he is now.

“Then you’ve obviously also got Declan Rice, who’s 20, and who has quit the Republic of Ireland to come to England, so it’s difficult to leave him out of the squad.

“It’s difficult for me because of the two players that are in there who would probably play in my position, or be my style of player. It’s difficult for me to get in there, but I think the most important thing for me is to just keep playing the games I’m doing.

“If I’m playing the games and performing to the required level, then if I get in, I get in. If not, I’ll carry on playing and working.”

Isaac is obviously a keen observer of the situation with the England squad at the moment. However, he is a mature lad and also a sensible one.

Isaac Hayden– will continue to work hard for Newcastle

He knows that he can only control his performances. So it is important for him to just continue what he is doing. He cannot control the selection process for England.

Isaac has also just very recently become a Newcastle regular so it might be a bit soon for him. However, if he can continue in his current vein and continue with the performances for Newcastle, it will give a much better chance to play internationally.

It seems that Isaac understands this perfectly. This is what he has said about continuing to perform consistently over the course of this year:

“I’ve had a good few months, but that means nothing in England. Hopefully, it’ll be a lot easier for me to have that consistency over the course of this next season.

“The manager here has a lot of faith in me, and I obviously try to repay that as much as I can. I just have to keep working hard, keep performing.”

Steve Bruce does have a lot of faith in Isaac. But Isaac has also earned that faith with his terrific form.

Hopefully, Steve Bruce can also take Newcastle forward this season. A resurgent Newcastle will also be a big help to getting Isaac into the England squad.

• Genjikai

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:21 AM

Go on hayden lad.
    Hayden for England.
    Would be good to see a toon player in the england squad.

• Genjikai

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:22 AM

Trent get in contact with me, i can assure you it is different this time, and im sure past differences can be resolved.

• Nufc-83

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:25 AM

Toon22 if you are confident do you want to take up the offer of a charity bet?

• Just a fan

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:30 AM

Think I missed a bit of a storm last night and not the one over the Atlantic.
    Jib must have crossed the line again but to say ban him sine die is a bit much.
    The people I don’t like are the ones who dob him up to ed Harrison.
    Like little kids running to teacher .it was him sir.

• Just a fan

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:31 AM

Ps Hayden is not really England class.
    Just my opinion.

• posada

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:35 AM

Genjikai
    Sep 4, 2019 at 10:22 AM
    *********************************************
    How did you fall out.
    Did he call you a liar.
    Or was it One Eyed Poisonous Snake.
    Good luck with that one.

• Genjikai

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:39 AM

Posada
    I have no idea who trent is, he was in it before me.
    So ask him the questions not me.

• Genjikai

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:40 AM

Or alternatively you could contact the magpie group
    At contact@magpiegroup.org
    And ask any question you like

• Trent1211

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:41 AM

Posada wrong again. Me and G have no issue with each other.

Not accountable to you although you seem to think I am with Strawberry-gate getting increasingly hysterical about me not providing alternative use plans. I wasn’t supported in something I did by a prominent member of TMG as I was a bit too radical in my views if you must know.

Think you’re projecting again with your ‘poisonous’ comment.

Very strong suspicion you are one of Jib’s many masks tbh.

• Trent1211

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:42 AM

G I’ll email you later and explain.

• posada

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:43 AM

I’m not sure an out door fan zone on the Strawberry Car Park would be a great idea.
    Do folks really want to stand in the cold when they could be in Nine Bar, Shark Bar, The Terrace or the Labour Club.
    When you go to the match you tend to spend enough time in the cold.

• Trent1211

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:47 AM

Really not the point what it is used for but fans would love to congregate in a fan zone with a huge screen, competitions, interviews. If it’s such a bad idea why have City done it. It was brilliant and very popular in cold weather when I went.

• lesh

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:58 AM

Posada

@11

You’re banging on like a hustler at a hoppings side show. If Bishop’s paying you, I hope it’s enough to salve your conscience.

• lochinvar

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:59 AM

Is Michael Owen an MP ?
    bad as each other

• lochinvar

Sep 4, 2019 at 11:01 AM

Used to be able to watch some matches in the Odeon. Big screen, good banter, good noise and ice creams at half time.
    Then the Council allowed it to be pulled down.

• hibbit

Sep 4, 2019 at 11:02 AM

Jib leaves the scene of the crime and if by chance the bigot posada appears ???

• lesh

Sep 4, 2019 at 11:05 AM

Just a fan

Jib has, like but more than, one or two others crossed the decency threshold a few times and he should’ve been banned some time ago.

You might have gleaned that Ed’s son and daughter in law do comment and therefore read posts so ‘dobbing’, as you so eloquently put it, may not be relevant.

• Genjikai

Sep 4, 2019 at 11:05 AM

Trent
    Im going to put that idea forward to the nust as i am meeting a couple of their board members tonight.

• Trent1211

Sep 4, 2019 at 11:07 AM

Precisely Hibbit.

• Genjikai

Sep 4, 2019 at 11:10 AM

Newcastle fans tv on youtube a month ago did a video on fan zones

• dougie

Sep 4, 2019 at 11:15 AM

No doubt Hayden is our best midfielder,great attitude and starting to become a leader in the dressing room.If he can continue to improve I think he might get a chance of a call up at some point but he’s nowhere near at the minute.I,m definitely glad that he didn’t leave in the last window though.

• Trent1211

Sep 4, 2019 at 11:27 AM

Come on leaps and bounds Dougie. I wasn’t sold initially. Seemed very limited and overly conservative in passing selection but I’ve been won over. He’s not there to be a door unlocker tbf but was frustratingly negative. Seems to have got the balance right. Physical specimen. Good attitude. Decent character based on interviews. He’s a good un.

• toon22

Sep 4, 2019 at 11:28 AM

Nufc83

Did the last time
    Said we wouldn’t be sold before the season started

😉

• toon22

Sep 4, 2019 at 11:45 AM

Yep

JIB causes agro

Posada appears to stir it

Hiya