web analytics

Disappointment All Around For Our Lads Out On Loan This Afternoon

After being substituted at half-time last week, Dan Barlaser only made the bench for Rotherham United today. They traveled to Doncaster where they were defeated by a score of 2-1.

Rolando Aarons got on late in Wycombe’s 3-1 win at home against Lincoln City. He was brought on as an injury-time substitution.

Elias Sorensen was only brought on in the 87th minute this afternoon as Carlisle United were beaten at home 1-3 by Exeter City. This is a disappointing start to his loan spell thus far. Through six matches in all competitions since joining, Elias has just played 140 minutes in his five appearances.

Kelland Watts started his sixth straight game in all competitions for Stevenage today. However, they were soundly beaten 4-2 at Cheltenham. This was a lot of goals conceded by Stevenage. The had only allowed 3 goals in the previous 4 league matches started by Kelland.

Liam Gibson only made the bench in Grimsby Town’s 0-2 defeat to Crewe at home. Liam is finding it hard to get into this Grimbsy Town side. He was hampered with an early season injury but needs to be getting into more matches for Grimsby Town.

Nathan Harker was only on back-up duties today for Blyth Spartans as they drew 1-1 at home to Kidderminster.

• toon22

Sep 7, 2019 at 5:15 PM

You know what
    It’s pointless debating with people who seem happy at Jabbas treatment of our club
    These people say “ he’s been terrible “
    But then go on to say how everything’s above board

Can’t be both can it

• toon22

Sep 7, 2019 at 5:17 PM

NY

Always about to tell us the accounts are legit
    That’s why he’s under multiple investigation

😉

• Nufc-83

Sep 7, 2019 at 5:17 PM

Ha of course it can! You can be a dreadful owner like he is but still be above board. What a stupid statement.

• toon22

Sep 7, 2019 at 5:20 PM

It’s pointless talking to you
    Your statement proves my point

• toon22

Sep 7, 2019 at 5:20 PM

Says he dislikes him
    Defends him

• Nufc-83

Sep 7, 2019 at 5:22 PM

He’s a shocking football owner what do you want me to say!

• NY Mag

Sep 7, 2019 at 5:23 PM

Is he under multiple investigations?

• Ron Knee

Sep 7, 2019 at 5:39 PM

Exit Javi Gracia.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 7, 2019 at 5:45 PM

Nufc-83,
    I don’t think anyone is saying he is acting illegally but to suggest he is not taking money from the club is naive at best. Paying KBA X amount a year for gawd knows what, a company he owns half of, would you hands on heart say we’ve got a better shirt deal than Rangers have, shirt sales are massive! Paying SD for keeping our merchandise, catering, the amount he is legally taking out that shows whiter than white in the basic accounts is eye watering. If we could afford to pay Shearer and Own 120K a week before the tv money went berserk AND for Hall and Shepherd to pay themselves 44M then where is the money going?

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 7, 2019 at 5:49 PM

The Watford hierarchy decides that a manager who could not get the better of Steve Brewce needed sacking with immediate effect.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 7, 2019 at 5:51 PM

Gracia sacked!!!
    So we can stick Munster’s managerial hot shots trophy on the mantelpiece with catchy from Norway’s unwanted accolades.

• toon22

Sep 7, 2019 at 5:57 PM

LoL

• NY Mag

Sep 7, 2019 at 5:58 PM

Jail,

I don’t know anything about the details of our merchandising deal with SD (I don’t think anybody does really)
    In light of that, it’s probably fair to make comparisons to rangers deal.

But, one thing has always puzzled me, if rangers deal is so bad, it would be very easy for them to go out and get a better one

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:00 PM

NY Mag,
    I don’t think it’s as easy as that.

• Nufc-83

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:00 PM

Jail when I looked at Everton accounts before to compare I seen they also outsourced all merchandising. Not saying that’s a good thing but it looks common practice

Yes I don’t doubt Ashley is paying his cronies a handsome sum, that’s why I mentioned significant amounts on previous posts as some would make you believe he’s pulling millions out year on year.That being said charnley is one of the lowest execs in the league which I didn’t expect!

So I pretty much agree with you.

• jane

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:01 PM

“I don’t think anyone is saying he is acting illegally”

in comment #2 toon22 implies the accounts aren’t legit.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:05 PM

Nufc-83,
    Everton have nine 20+M players.

• Nufc-83

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:06 PM

Jail relevant how? They have an owner who invests!!

• NY Mag

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:07 PM

Jail,

No doubt that’s true.
    It’s just something that’s always puzzled me

• NY Mag

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:09 PM

Nufc-83,

Everton not only outsource all of their catering, they use the exact same company as us.

• Oldgit1

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:09 PM

First premier manager to be sacked, Gracia of Watford.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:09 PM

Nufc-83,
    We have an owner who doesn’t.

• Nufc-83

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:10 PM

Jail stating the obvious!

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:10 PM

I really wouldn’t care if we had SD as our shirt sponsor if we had nine 20M+ players and were trying to win something.

• jane

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:13 PM

“Going forward Everton’s new owners are going to have to invest further due to the rising losses of the club on the back of rising costs that isn’t being met by any meaningful rise in revenues as performances on the pitch struggle to match the investments made off the pitch.

Evertonians alike will be hoping that going forward funds will be spent more wisely, leading to a more sustainable Everton in the future.”

• Nufc-83

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:18 PM

I think it’s safe to say we all agree Ashley is s crap owner and has made some terrible decisions. The day he sells we will all be happy.

It’s the one thing on this blog that everybody can agree on.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:21 PM

Nufc-83
    ”I just don’t agree that he is taking money out the club like many would have you believe”
    So why come out with statements like that?

• Munster Mag

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:23 PM

Jail you are sadly obsessed with getting one up on me but you cant. The open minded guys on here know that rafa is subject to criticism like any other manager. You and about 15 mates wrongly think otherwise.

• NY Mag

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:24 PM

Jane,

That’s interesting on Everton.
    They have an annual squad amortization cost the same as spurs
    They have an annual salary cost the same as spurs
    But spurs have way more revenue, something is going to have to give very soon with Everton.
    They have an owner who is prepared to lend them money, but that won’t save them from FFP

• Nufc-83

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:24 PM

Because by taking money out the club I meant considerable amounts that would severely impact our top line. Not paying a few of his mates to be advisors etc. In one of my posts I referred to significant amounts.

• Nufc-83

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:27 PM

Only positive for Everton is they do look to be assembling a side for the future not just buying heavy costing mercenaries.

• Munster Mag

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:28 PM

Going back to your obsession with my points of view, gracia did a great job at watford signed players relatively cheaply, got them way up the league playing good football and to a cup final. He did much better than your hero who ended up in a chinese backwater. Watford have trigger happy owners. So what is your point Sealwatcher?

• toon22

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:30 PM

See what I mean ?

States they hate Jabba

Defends him endlessly

• toon22

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:30 PM

Can’t do both but people here obviously do

😉

• NY Mag

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:30 PM

Nufc-83,

That true re:Everton and if they start qualifying for European competitions, their problems are solved
    Of course, that’s easier said than done 🙂

• Munster Mag

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:35 PM

No nufc 83 u must declare war on Ashley to gain kudos!!! Its not good enough to say he is a bad owner. I got hearted for saying I hoped he got a sexually transmitted infection. OLG or possibly Tuff asked me if I would defecate on his grave. Just to make sure I wasnt a lover of the fat guy. This is the mentality you have to put up with to deal with the smarter guys on hete who talk football, finance etc. There is literally no point reasoning with 22. Or even Jail. A start guy like New York tries, but it dorsnt alter anything. Look at the idiots who say I despise Benitez. They are laughable.

• Genjikai

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:38 PM

Ny mag
    You will find out on 23rd sept what compensation rangers owe ashley.
    They are basically stuck in the shirt deal with him.
    Lilo stated it was just standard business practice and you agreed the other night?

• jane

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:39 PM

those like toon22 and Jail who are negative about everything most people will see through it.

• toon22

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:51 PM

Negative about everything?
    I’m negative about Jabba and everything he’s done to our club

As for seeing through me I’d like to point out your constant backing and defending of a guy who , in my opinion, should go to prison for his actions