web analytics

Harrowing Night At Home For Our Lone International In Action

Martin Dubravka and Slovakia had a harrowing time in their EURO Qualifier against Croatia last night. They suffered a 0-4 drubbing at home in a significant match in Group E.

Both nations were on 6 points with a plus 1 goal difference in Group E after 3 matches. This result sees Croatia at the top of the group and Slovakia dropping to third.

The night started to turn ugly as the first half was coming to an end. Former Newcastle target and current CSKA Moscow midfielder, Nikola Vlasic scored his first goal for Croatia in the 45th minute.

It would get worse right after the break as Bayern Munich midfielder Ivan Perisic would take a shot from outside the box that deflected past Dubravka in the 46th minute.

Croatia would add two more goals through Dinamo Zagreb forward Bruno Petkovic and Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren to make it 0-4.

Slovakia will travel to face second-place Hungary on Monday where Dubravka and his compatriots will need to put in a much better performance.

• IrishRob

Sep 7, 2019 at 11:43 AM

First!!

• IrishRob

Sep 7, 2019 at 11:44 AM

Hi Munster!! (Waves enthusiastically).

• lochinvar

Sep 7, 2019 at 11:58 AM

IrishRob
    I’m looking at the blog but can’t see anyone waving.
    Do I need to upgrade my phone ?

What was the attendance at the rugby last night ?

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Sep 7, 2019 at 12:13 PM

Nufc 83

Will you use crayons in your presentation of the accounts?

I’ve got all day, show one piece of evidence that shows Ashley has improved finances anywhere in the club.

Crack on..

Sky money doesn’t count.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Sep 7, 2019 at 12:23 PM

Stokes is gone. It’s for the best. That silly nonsense in the last Test just got everybodies hopes up. 🙂

• Trent1211

Sep 7, 2019 at 12:34 PM

Shearer doc on BBC1 now about Transplant Games. My Dad has had a kidney transplant and been a previous competitor. THIS is what sport is about. Not selling tat. People trying their best against the odds to succeed.

• Munster Mag

Sep 7, 2019 at 12:43 PM

Rob ya big Linfield bollocks! How are ya

• IrishRob

Sep 7, 2019 at 12:47 PM

Lol lol lol, I’m good man, thanks! And yourself?

• Munster Mag

Sep 7, 2019 at 12:48 PM

Trent, absolutely. You’d love hurling. Kids playing for their village and parish. Its very honest etc

• Munster Mag

Sep 7, 2019 at 12:53 PM

Bit wrecked rob, was locked in the loo last night for ages. Key snapped ffs!

• beefman13

Sep 7, 2019 at 12:55 PM

Toon to get 50m if Bruce keeps us UP.
    It is insulting, bellies tickled again, it’s Up to you’s.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Sep 7, 2019 at 1:00 PM

Anyway Munster, what does the “Tarquin” thing mean? I don’t get it. Unless you’re saying I’m cleverer than you? Hmm. Is that possible?

• Nufc-83

Sep 7, 2019 at 1:02 PM

Show me one post where I stare Ashley’s investment has improved the clubs finances? I made a big post about how Ashley has not invested etc and then you come on making out I have said Ashley has stabilised the club through investment as tv revenue does not count. I can’t really argue with that moronic view to be honest as it’s so utterly backward. I’ll come back later with a view on the accounts as out at the minute.

• Nufc-83

Sep 7, 2019 at 1:04 PM

Beefman but that’s what profits the club is generating so not sure what you expect from an owner who has made it crystal clear for many many years he is not investing in the club.

• Munster Mag

Sep 7, 2019 at 1:07 PM

Its possible. But unlikely Tarquin.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 7, 2019 at 1:14 PM

geordietom and Munster should have a patter off, it would be a bit like Deby vs 5unde1and or San Marino vs Luxemborg, I don’t think there would ever be a winner though.

• Moonraker15

Sep 7, 2019 at 1:31 PM

“Not investing in the club”! No cos he’s taking money out every year and leaving the so called loan (which should never have been a loan, as he bought the club in ignorance of a debt) outstanding!
    If you don’t want to invest, and you’re the owner, it’s time to go!

• Trent1211

Sep 7, 2019 at 1:38 PM

My layman’s take on the books is that expenditure seems extraordinarily high (debateable) and income is embarrassingly low (unchallengeable) compared to our, former, pre-Ashley peers.

Once you take into account that player trading has a negligible net outlay across the Ashley era (T22 quotes it as £6m pa including the dubious £40m price tag on Joelinton) and it is fair to ask where has the money gone.

If the books are the primary evidence of fiscal propriety then I don’t believe the books. The phrase ‘creative accounting’ doesn’t exist for nothing.

Then there is all the blurring around paying for transfers upfront until recently and receiving transfer income on the drip which obfuscates things.

Happy to defer to much sharper minds than mine but long story short I don’t take the accounts at face value and our income stream is not what it should be due to the suppression of income in favour of/diversion of income towards SD. (Merchandising, advertising and notoriously but to a lesser extent Strawberry Place.

Where am I going wrong? Seems like this more or less summarises the commonly held view. More broadly we are outspent by relative minnows. How come?