web analytics

Three Newcastle Players In Qualifying Action For Their Countries This Evening

Fabian Schar got another cap in Switzerland’s 4-0 win against Gibraltar this afternoon. Schar got an assist on Switzerland’s second goal scored by Admir Mehmedi. Switzerland are in third place in Group D on 8 points after 4 games.

Mo Sangare was a second half substitute in the second leg of Liberia’s first round of 2022 World Cup Qualifying. Mo came on in the 57th minute in a 1-0 loss against Sierra Leone. However, Liberia advance 3-2 on aggregate due to their 3-1 win in the first leg.

Emil Krafth was an unused sub in Sweden’s 1-1 draw at home against Norway.

• toon22

Sep 8, 2019 at 9:52 PM

Schar needs to be given a very large contract sharpish

• JP...from The Rock

Sep 8, 2019 at 10:20 PM

Schar got an assist today, and I agree we need to sign him up long term pronto!

• dougie

Sep 8, 2019 at 10:21 PM

Unfortunately Schar will be gone next summer,the parasite loves to make a profit.The pr twerps on here will be saying it’s good business lol!Boycott St james morgue when the cameras are there,give Jabba something to think about.

• The Wife

Sep 8, 2019 at 10:23 PM

Schar is easily my favorite player at Newcastle this year. He plays with confidence. Like toon22* said – sign him up long-term, please!

*No relation to the Harrison family 🙂

• The Wife

Sep 8, 2019 at 10:24 PM

Err….like JP…from The Rock said, also! 😀

• Nicky the ball tosser

Sep 8, 2019 at 10:28 PM

Club’s can only sell if a player wants to go. I’m sure he knows his worth. I can quite easily see him leaving on a Bosman when the time comes, pocketing a big signing on fee, and a significantly increased wedge, at somewhere like Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal.

• Nufc-83

Sep 8, 2019 at 10:35 PM

I said yesterday priority should be to get this lad signed up although I still think he will go for big money to a top 20 club. He’s much better than David Luiz imo

• RobLeenio

Sep 8, 2019 at 10:37 PM

To keep players like Schaer happy, we need to show some ambition. He’s proving his worth in the league and internationally, he’ll want to make the most of his career, and that will likely include a desire for Champions League football, which we will not be able to offer.

I don’t see him leaving on a free, but I can see him being sold. If Bruce and Charnley can get him signed up to a bigger contract (including a big buy out clause), that won’t necessarily be a guarantee that he still won’t go, it will just guarantee that when he does, the fee will be hefty.

If he doesn’t sign a new contract, we should take that as a sign that he sees his future away from SJP.

Lejeune, on the other hand, is an equally cultured defender, though he provides less of a goal threat from open play (not saying much there, it’s evident that Schaer is fairly unique in his position in that regard) andis in a different position. He needs to prove he’s not injury prone and until he does, the big boys will be less interested in him.

So, I think Schaer will be gone within two seasons, but I don’t think he’ll go on a free and I don’t think it will be a symptom of Ashley selling off his most saleable assets – it will happen anyway. Lejeune will be here much longer and will become the Rolls Royce of our defence during his time.

• Nufc-83

Sep 8, 2019 at 10:49 PM

Completely agree with that Rob

• Munster Mag

Sep 8, 2019 at 10:49 PM

Rob cool the jets. I know the ” first ” is just a bit of craic.

• IrishRob

Sep 8, 2019 at 10:49 PM

The wife, hes only your favourite player because hes a steamboat. Don’t lie!!

• IrishRob

Sep 8, 2019 at 10:50 PM

Dreamboat*

• Munster Mag

Sep 8, 2019 at 10:50 PM

That was for iriah rob not robleenio

• Munster Mag

Sep 8, 2019 at 10:52 PM

Frog, if we sell schar for nice bucks in the sumner, how wud you feel about that?

• Nicky the ball tosser

Sep 8, 2019 at 11:01 PM

Good players do quite wind down contracts, Erickson for example, and Scharr only signed for 3 years, meaning less than two years on his deal. He’ll just look at the numbers. If he thinks he can do best by winding down his deal, then it of course is on. Can’t see him signing an extension the way the club is. He may go at the end of the season, if the deal is right for him. The club doesn’t actively look to move on their better players, they lose them through lack of having a proper go on the pitch.

• Munster Mag

Sep 8, 2019 at 11:09 PM

If schar is a dreamboat, ashley is a steamboat 🙂

• Munster Mag

Sep 8, 2019 at 11:12 PM

The investigation if it happens wont amount to much. As I said earlier, we need a wealthy buyer who will pay over the odds to shove ashley out.

Sep 9, 2019 at 12:52 AM

The Wife

IrishRobs language is disgusting

My Grandson was reading the blog and I usually vet the comments when he comes here before he has a quick read but could not avoid the clear Fk in capitals from the idiot.

Can you give him a public flogging and the cat o’ nine tails ? Iv got the vinegar here for his cuts.

Needs a public warning at least ..and can I watch while you flog him ?

Sep 9, 2019 at 12:57 AM

Toon 22 is always on the money ..he has a strong constitution to the cause and he’s correct most of the time.

He is incessant of course and too much for some ..but he’s hard to disprove ..have a more in depth look at what he tells you.

Not every body’s cuppa but gives food for thought ..

Was trying to get a few cliche in there , shut it.

Stitch that .

Sep 9, 2019 at 1:02 AM

Munster

Do you not like people mentioning d little people ?

I taught you were proud of d little Leprecahuns .

Let me know what upsets you about d little fellas .

Top o’ d morning ti yi Munster .

• NY Mag

Sep 9, 2019 at 1:05 AM

OLG,

Seriously…..I can only shake my head in disbelief, I really thought you had more about you than that.

• carltoon

Sep 9, 2019 at 1:05 AM

OLG I hope your not winding posters up. That’s not like you is it.

• carltoon

Sep 9, 2019 at 1:06 AM

NY Mag. Snap

Sep 9, 2019 at 1:07 AM

Der yi go Munster ..d little Leprechauns are out and about around d Emerald Isle ..have the fun .

Sep 9, 2019 at 1:09 AM

N.Y.

What’s wrong with mentioning Leprecahauns ?

I’m waiting for an answer ..from Munster .

Carltoon ..its just me wondering what’s wrong with mentioning Irish faeries ?

Can’t be offended at their heritage ?

Has the world gone mad ?

Sep 9, 2019 at 1:10 AM

N.Y.

Please explain ?

Sep 9, 2019 at 1:11 AM

They even have a national Leprechaun hunt each year ..cant be anything wrong with it ?

• NY Mag

Sep 9, 2019 at 1:12 AM

OLG,

I wasn’t referring to the leprechauns

• carltoon

Sep 9, 2019 at 1:12 AM

OLG if you can’t be nice be naughty. There’s a cliché especially for you.

• NY Mag

Sep 9, 2019 at 1:13 AM

Carltoon,

He is being naughty 🙂

Sep 9, 2019 at 1:13 AM

Well come on N.Y. what are you referring to ?

• carltoon

Sep 9, 2019 at 1:14 AM

Ha ha yes I bet he’s always naughty.

• carltoon

Sep 9, 2019 at 1:17 AM

OLG do you go to the match? Where do you sit?

Sep 9, 2019 at 1:18 AM

If you had seen the rubbish I received from my old friend Munster and my kind reply you might have a different train of thought.

He kept telling people I had asked him if he would defecate on Mike Ashleys grave !

Wasn’t me !

Then he kicked of when I mentioned the little people in an unrelated post

There’s two sides to every st..

• carltoon

Sep 9, 2019 at 1:20 AM

Yes I followed the shenanigans! Oh is that a bit of the Irish?

• NY Mag

Sep 9, 2019 at 1:20 AM

I’m referring to you saying toon22 is always ‘on the money’
    I won’t dissect the rest of your post.

I can’t sugar coat it any other way than to say, he twists facts and generally tells porkies, is that what you want to align yourself with?

Have you forgotten how he falsely accused you not so long ago?

Sep 9, 2019 at 1:20 AM

N.Y.

Please explain your post at #21

I’m not being unfriendly I just don’t understand what your getting at .

Explain .

Sep 9, 2019 at 1:20 AM

Carltoo n

Did your fella have a guitar shop ?

Sep 9, 2019 at 1:22 AM

Carltoon

Your post at #35 ..very good ! Proper Geordie Lass you.

• carltoon

Sep 9, 2019 at 1:23 AM

No. He’s just learning to play a guitar.