web analytics

Dubravka And Slovakia Rebound With Important Win In Euro Qualifier

Martin Dubravka and Slovakia have won their Euro 2020 Qualifier at Hungary 1-2 this evening. This is a great rebound for Slovakia after a 0-4 loss to Croatia this past Friday.

Slovakia took the lead late in the first half on a 40th minute goal by forward Robert Mak. Hungary was able to tie the score early in the second half through a wonderful free kick by 18-year-old Dominik Szoboszlai. Szoboszlai plays in Austria for Red Bull Salzburg and is some talent.

However, it was another youngster in 19-year-old striker Robert Bozenik who saved the day for Slovakia. He gave Slovakia the lead with a goal in the 56th minute, and they were able to hold on for a crucial victory. It was just his second cap for Slovakia. What a moment for the lad.

The result sees the two nations swap places in Group E. Slovakia move into second place just one point behind group leaders Croatia who are on ten points. Wales defeated Belarus today and are in fourth place with six points. They have only played four matches and next face Slovakia on October 10th.

• jane

Sep 9, 2019 at 10:17 PM

Croatia surprisingly held in Azerbaijan earlier today.

• Munster Mag

Sep 9, 2019 at 10:42 PM

Denmark drawing was good for the republic too.

• jane

Sep 9, 2019 at 10:49 PM

Rupublic, Northern Ireland and Wales put Scotland to shame.

• Just a fan

Sep 9, 2019 at 11:09 PM

Mr tuff.
    I think there is more chance of you being banned than me.
    Greetings from Minorca.
    Or was it Majorca I’m confusing myself.
    Jeff you fool change that avatar promptly.
    Adiós
    No .say goodby .you fool.

• Munster Mag

Sep 9, 2019 at 11:12 PM

Not sure we put anyone to shame Jane!

• jane

Sep 9, 2019 at 11:17 PM

ah see what you mean 2 wins against Gibraltar is masking their top of the group position.

• jane

Sep 9, 2019 at 11:18 PM

unconvincing wins at that!

• Belfast

Sep 9, 2019 at 11:23 PM

Watched them against Russia the other night, bloody bad lot they are. Scotland are basically the international equivalent of the mackems. 🙂

• Belfast

Sep 9, 2019 at 11:33 PM

I do sympathize with the scotch fans mind.
    I remember when Northern Ireland were absolutely f****** awful when I was kid, right through the 90s basically. We didn’t score a goal for a couple of years at one point. It was bloody terrible Hahahaha.

• Mister Tuff

Sep 10, 2019 at 12:03 AM

Jib – your cockiness will be your downfall.

• Just a fan

Sep 10, 2019 at 1:15 AM

Mister tuff
    Jib your cockiness will be your downfall.
    It may well be but you better tell him not me.
    In your case your arrogance may be your downfall.

• Mister Tuff

Sep 10, 2019 at 2:48 AM

Jib – but my post was directed at you.
    Your cockiness (probably bolstered by booze) has let you down.

My post was clearly for Jib – but Just a Fan responds saying I’d better tell him (Jib) not me (Just a Fan).

Yet another example of him getting mixed up and answering for one of his cabal of blog mischief making multiples.

• martoon

Sep 10, 2019 at 6:53 AM

What happened to the night shift?
    I never quite understand why people get so hung up on alts? This is a football blog and we don’t know who we’re talking to anyway! However one thing I’m pretty sure about is Jib may well have alts but I don’t think Jane is one of them – their writing styles are completely different.

• hibbit

Sep 10, 2019 at 6:58 AM

divide and conquer disrupt and destroy

*works every time*

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 10, 2019 at 7:03 AM

martoon,
    Perfect example last night, Jib, who’s pretending to be away posts as mallorca mag, doesn’t slag anyone or cause disruption so no harm in that. However, it just shows that if Jib is prepared to go to the trouble of setting up another account just to pretend he’s away for a week, how many other times has this guy, who we all know can have a very nasty streak done it before.

• DubaiMicky

Sep 10, 2019 at 7:20 AM

Belfast, I’m a scotch fan, love an Auchentoshan and a Talisker me. As for the Scots football team, I’ll pass.

• martoon

Sep 10, 2019 at 7:31 AM

Jail @15 – I wouldn’t disagree with any of that and the way IanToon multiples attack you is ridiculous (and obvious) and I don’t blame you for getting upset at that. I’m just saying that if Jib wants to be Mallorca mag – so what it’s not worth bothering about! Also there is a popular belief that Jane is Jib but I don’t personally don’t think so.

• martoon

Sep 10, 2019 at 7:33 AM

I think I’ve accidentally used a double negative there but you know what mean 😉

• martoon

Sep 10, 2019 at 7:33 AM

I give up 😀

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 10, 2019 at 7:52 AM

martoon,
    The Jib/jane thing came about because the odious Jeff from Benwell was robbed for being a cross dresser who portrayed himself as some kind of hard man. After he got banned for life the bland and mild mannered jane appeared on the scene and was looked upon as the alter ego to Jib’s, sorry Jeff from Benwell’s cross dressing persona. I guess it’s kind of stuck.

• Munster Mag

Sep 10, 2019 at 8:02 AM

This is typical Jail. Cant let it go, pointlessly digging up a bone with no meat on it, like a cross eyed fixated jack russell. Its a blog man. You could have 3 alts, it doesnt matter. You hound one of the best posters on here because he thinks you’re an idiot. And u dont stop . Because you’re fixated. No wonder Jib pokes you. I think the blog is better with Jib.

• ScoopSouthAfrica

Sep 10, 2019 at 8:21 AM

Munster Mag #21….
    Ek stem saam…. why ya bugger man.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 10, 2019 at 8:27 AM

Munster Mag,
    Do you think it’s fair that carl uses all these different alts to come on here and attack me and my family before slithering away again?

• martoon

Sep 10, 2019 at 8:34 AM

Anyway I don’t want to stir up blog vendettas so to football.
    I presume Dubravka got through last night’s game unscathed so presumably we’ll have a full squad tomorrow for training except for Miggy who plays tonight in Jordan – difficult to see him starting on Saturday by the time he travels back?

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 10, 2019 at 8:40 AM

martoon,
    I’m not sure who’ll take his place mind, I can see us going ultra defensive on Saturday so he might not be missed anyway.

• MagpieRanger

Sep 10, 2019 at 8:41 AM

Scotland are turd… I had a bet on Belgium and over 3.5 goals so I’m happy. I expect a similar result for England tonight.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 10, 2019 at 8:48 AM

MagpieRanger,
    3.5 goals, how does that work?

• Bills Son Is Back

Sep 10, 2019 at 8:49 AM

Jail…

So,

Somebody who you don’t know,

Who doesn’t know you,

Who uses an alt,

‘Attacks’ you and your family…

And you are bothered???

Odd, very odd.

You must be VERY easy to wind up.

Oh…. hang on a sec….

You are.

• RobLeenio

Sep 10, 2019 at 8:53 AM

I think there’s a chance Miggy will start. Bruce seems a little less concerned, for better or worse, than Rafa was about protecting his players. Miggy will give the Liverpool defence another problem to think about with his pace and will perhaps be seen as a counter to their uber-progressive fullbacks. If he doesn’t start, or at least be there on the bench as an option to bring on, we may find their FBs playing far further up the pitch, putting extra stress on our defensive lines.

A good defence starts with attack, as the old adage goes.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 10, 2019 at 8:55 AM

Bills son is back,
    What brings you out from underneath your rock?

• geordietom

Sep 10, 2019 at 8:56 AM

martoon …

about miggy jordan is only a 5 hour flight to the uk mate …

• martoon

Sep 10, 2019 at 9:10 AM

geordietom – Yes you’re right I was thinking South America for some ridiculous reason although he plays tonight so probably flies back on Wednesday. Yeah should be OK as long as he isn’t injured – I’d like to see him play as he could be our only out-ball against Liverpool.

• geordietom

Sep 10, 2019 at 9:15 AM

martoon…

hopefully he doesn’t play to night would be even better …

• MagpieRanger

Sep 10, 2019 at 9:23 AM

Jail, not sure to be honest. Probably a marketing technique to make the outcome look more probable. Obviously you can’t score half a goal so if it says 3.5 it means 4.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 10, 2019 at 9:28 AM

Mmm, interesting, the only bet I’ve got going at the minute is with martoon and I’m whooping his ass 😀

• JohnJ

Sep 10, 2019 at 9:39 AM

DubaiMicky

Sep 10, 2019 at 7:20 AM

I must say I rather love Bushmills (Triple distilled) Black Bush Whiskey but…..
    if you’re watching your cash Sainsbury’s own brand is not bad for a blended Whisky!

• JohnJ

Sep 10, 2019 at 9:40 AM

Jail

Ooh you are awful….. 🙂

• Just a fan

Sep 10, 2019 at 9:44 AM

Mr tuff
    Why would you respond to jib.
    A man who most of us know is off the blog for a week.
    Your trying to hard in your accusations.
    Kind regards Jane