web analytics

Could International Goal Scorer Be Sidelined For Liverpool?

Miguel Almiron scored his first goal for Paraguay in last night’s friendly against Jordan. However, he was noticeably limping after he collided with the opposing goalkeeper and then the far post. He was also seen holding his right knee later on.

He finished out the game so it may be nothing to worry about. However, Steve Bruce doesn’t expect Miguel to return to Newcastle until tomorrow at the earliest.

When assessing his squad for Saturday at Liverpool, this is what Steve Bruce said about the Paraguayan:

“Almiron, obviously, is the most difficult one, so we hope we can get him back on Thursday or Friday. Let’s see what condition he’s in.”

If Miguel is unable to feature, Steve will have limited options in attack for the match. With Andy Carroll, Dwight Gayle, Allan Saint-Maximin, and Matt Ritchie likely all sidelined until October, who would come on to replace Almiron?

There are really no options that we can think of unless Bruce decides to move Jetro Willems further up the pitch and shift Christian Atsu to the right flank. He may have to resort to bringing in a youngster from the U23s, though if he didn’t do that in the Carabao Cup match, then it seems unlikely now.

One of the criticisms of the club’s transfer business this summer was how risky it was. A lot of unknowns had to fall into place to avoid a possible calamity. By starting this campaign with Gayle and Carroll sidelined, it was a role of the dice that others would remain fit.

The fitness jeopardy in attack has already caused Bruce selection issues this year. Now, after the international break, his options will be even scarcer if Almiron is unable to participate at the weekend.

• Genjikai

Sep 11, 2019 at 4:41 PM

Unite against mike.

Sep 11, 2019 at 4:42 PM

Probably, its Bruce’s fault for letting him go.

😉

I put the wink there for the posters who don’t understand sarcasm.

• Genjikai

Sep 11, 2019 at 4:42 PM

AshleyOut.

Sep 11, 2019 at 4:47 PM

JD shares are still climbing.

Sep 11, 2019 at 4:48 PM

Geordie Tom

What’s App.

I have his name and phone number.

• hibbit

Sep 11, 2019 at 4:49 PM

Belfast

it’s only a good deal if he plays, and if he does play the add on kick in so the 22k is for actually not playing so it’s a very good deal for Andy 😉

Sep 11, 2019 at 4:50 PM

Toon22

I wont divulge your info, some dodgy characters on here.

You never know who’s a stalker.

• geordietom

Sep 11, 2019 at 4:53 PM

hope miggy is ok at least save him for the second half with all the traverling he’s done in the past week of so …

• geordietom

Sep 11, 2019 at 4:55 PM

traveling even …

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 11, 2019 at 4:56 PM

Belfast,
    As hibbit says, a very good deal for Andy Carroll, a very expensive publicity stunt for Nufc.

• hibbit

Sep 11, 2019 at 4:57 PM

geordietom

Sep 11, 2019 at 4:50 PM

HIBBIT …

i know you and your family stopped buying season tickets , would you go back if we were topping the league this season ? …

it’s a fair question but i’ll have to give you a 2 part answer
    1……….. we aren’t going back til Ashley’s gone
    2……….. we wont be topping the league any time soon

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Sep 11, 2019 at 4:59 PM

Surely Muto has to start against Liverpool?

A front 3 of Atsu Joelinton and Muto has plenty of pace and movement to trouble Liverpool on the counter

Hayden and Longstaff will have to cover some amount of ground if it’s the 2 of them against Liverpool’s midfield 3 but we did pretty well against them last season with the same formation and they are the exact same team as they never really bought anyone….

• stalker

Sep 11, 2019 at 5:00 PM

hibbit …

fair play to you …

topping the league we can dream cant we ?

Sep 11, 2019 at 5:01 PM

If we don’t send a team to Liverpool I’m sure it only goes down as a 3 0 loss

Just saying

Sep 11, 2019 at 5:01 PM

Stalker

You’re smarter than you give yourself credit for

Sep 11, 2019 at 5:02 PM

Or turn the league upside down

• geordietom

Sep 11, 2019 at 5:03 PM

OP never thought of that …

by the way your sarcasm’s shite…

Sep 11, 2019 at 5:23 PM

If it’s as bad as yours I’ll give up

• Munster Mag

Sep 11, 2019 at 5:34 PM

Rob, thanks very much for the support. Thankfully you are plenty of others here are smart enough to understand what I have meant, and dont just get all nasty as soon as they read the word Munster …

From Rob…

Nothing munster has EVER said on here indicates he hates Rafa, he simply says hed prefer if he didnt play so defensively, and that hes not convinced we couldn’t do better with a different manager, but he never wanted Rafa to leave, and he certainly doesnt hate him, He simply found the optimism in his Sacking hoping a fresh face might change it up.

And jail I’m pretty sure you know this because you aren’t that stupid, you just dont like the man so you try and make a liar out of him.

Yet you constantly want to tell people he hates Rafa, he has even told you NUMEROUS times that he doesnt hate Rafa but you will be at it again the very next comment saying he does, like you know him better than he does himself.

Munster wouldn’t be half as disliked on here if he didnt have people like you trying to turn everyone against him. I’m not saying hes innocent to be clear (for the third time), but neither are you.

• Munster Mag

Sep 11, 2019 at 5:37 PM

OP, why should I not call you stupid. You CONSTANTLY get things wrong because you dont read things. Classic example is you saying I was lying re Norwich. I didnt see the norwich game live as was abroad with the young lad ( you got his age wrong too, and why he supports liverpool. ) as I stated at the time. I subsequently saw highlights but kept up to the minute on the game by reading comments here on the match as it happened her. Understand now?

• lochinvar

Sep 11, 2019 at 5:44 PM

Wonder if JD will get round to buying out Ashley and acquiring Sports Direct before dumping it in the bin and rebranding the shops they want to keep as JD Sports.

Delicious prospect.
    No more SD advertising at SJP
    Adidas back instead of Puma
    Ashley sells up and moves into bling and ladies underwear at House of Cards.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 11, 2019 at 5:51 PM

IrishRob says Munster loves Rafa, must be true then eh, I’ll take back everything I’ve ever said Munster me old bean.

• Mister Tuff

Sep 11, 2019 at 5:56 PM

“Ashley sells up and moves into bling and ladies underwear at House of Cards”.

Job’s straight away for Jib and TinyTom Cruise!

• geordietom

Sep 11, 2019 at 6:03 PM

TUFF …

ladies underwear you’ve got a thing ( or should i say thong) about womens underwear you keep bringing it up , what color lipstick you wearing tonight …

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 11, 2019 at 6:08 PM

geordietom,
    There you go a bit of banter, it suits you 😛

• Munster Mag

Sep 11, 2019 at 6:14 PM

Rob, maybe if the 15 or so guys who attack me re Rafa stopped doing so I wouldnt retaliate. You are 100% correct in your analysis of my thoughts on Rafa because you took time to read them. Put simply ( again )…

Big loss for nufc
    Stupid owner messed up
    Bruce is worse ( but we have to give him a chance)
    Made some crap signings ( Murphy poor so far on loan) which i willingly highlighted. I also highlighted the great ones like Schar, Ki ( for nowt) Rondon
    I think he could have played better football in the championship and highlighted the 2 up front worked well and would have results ( I think) in more goals ( yes I know we got loads) . For example the effect v Norwich and West Brom with Mitro and Gayle in tandem
    Really good on injuries list
    Good v top teams
    Football was improving but was never easy on the eye ( people hated me saying that, but its true)
    I never blamed him for putting loads behind the ball v Liverpool etc. No option in reality
    I didnt like the initial approach v man city – kicking ball at City keeper – never seen anything like it – I know we did ok in the game but it was terrible and a bit embarrassing
    Some of the football against lesser teams was awful and too conservative, It annoyed the usual suspects when i said that but I think its fair comment.
    On a personal level he was brilliant with the public
    He was nice to me when i met him with daughter ( shut up re small hands – I did not say that in a pejorative way about him, any more than the comment re his orthopaedic glove) . I wouldnt travel to Kildare to meet a man if I hated him. In fact there was no guarantee that i would see him or the players, as advised by hotel staff in advance. I still travelled.
    I was hopeful he would stay long term and move upstairs in a few years as a DOF
    I think the money in China swayed him as well as a stupid owner in ashley. Maybe it irritated people that he didnt get some major euro team. I didnt think he would though. That doesnt mean i hate him by the way?
    I did say that arsenal and Spurs wouldnt have him. The riots was a figure of speech but I stand over the comment as phone lines would be bouncing with angry arsenal fans after the style they were used to. I know a few gooners fans in Arsenal and they would have been v unhappy to get Rafa and said same to me. A small sample but holds true i think.
    I never said I wanted Nigel Pearson ahead of him ( another Jail lie) . I said that I would want Pearson if Rafa left when we were relegated.

Irrespective of what I say, the usual guys on here will slag me . I dont really give a monkeys as u know. The rafa taliban are a sad bunch , some of them actively lying and deliberately twisting what I have said. I hope the above helps to clear up some of what has been said. It is directed at moderate posters on here who dont react negatively to everything i say and are a bit more reasoned – the likes of Irish Rob, Robleenio, NY Mag, Carltoon, Billson, Jib, Lochinvar, Lascelles, John J, Geordietom, Belfast, Genj and the many many other good guys n gals who make the blog worth chipping in to.

I admit to being guilty of reacting to attacks on me by the usual suspects on here and this in turn has left me open to being accused of hating Benitez. I didnt hate him. I just didnt adore him like some. If that isnt allowed, then i dont really care. Maybe we can leave it at that – I’m happy to anyway.

Sep 11, 2019 at 6:15 PM

Munster..

I should call you Pampers because you’re full of shit.

You’re so thick you have to use the things I’ve said to you and try and twist them back on me.

It’s all there in black n white for anyone to see.

Sep 11, 2019 at 6:33 PM

Munster

Could you name these 15 guys please.

• Bills Son Is Back

Sep 11, 2019 at 6:36 PM

OP

There aren’t enough Pampers on the shelves to soak up the shit you pour out.

• toon22

Sep 11, 2019 at 6:38 PM

Just think of all those people he has trodden on over the years
    The ones he done over to get where he is

They will be climbing over each other to put the boot in when hes down

And im going to be here lovin every single moment of it

• toon22

Sep 11, 2019 at 6:38 PM

Bills Son Is Back

Yawn

Sep 11, 2019 at 6:42 PM

Bills

I’d say I admire your patience to sit and wait to have a dig but in reality you’re just a sad bitter old man.

• geordietom

Sep 11, 2019 at 6:43 PM

jail … being nice to me what you after …

😀

Sep 11, 2019 at 6:44 PM

Bill’s

Your blog persona is exactly how I see you at the match, silent except to shout abuse.