web analytics

Loan Player’s Agent Plays Down Any Issues With Club

Sport Witness have published some comments from Roberto De Fanti. De Fanti is the agent of Newcastle left-back Achraf Lazaar who is out on a season-long loan to Serie B Club Cosenza.

Lazaar made some headlines last week when he spoke to the Chronicle about being frozen out at Newcastle.

This is what Lazaar said about his situation over the past three years:

“I signed because Newcastle is a big club and I wanted to fight for the black-and-white shirt.

“So, yeah, I was disappointed. It was funny because everybody kept asking me: ‘What is going on?’

“I came here and worked hard, but I got no minutes. I was getting games in the cups.

“I put it down to gaining experience. Rafa Benitez is a big manager, and he chooses to do that.

“He called me up and asked me to come to Newcastle, but after that, he didn’t play me.

“I was sorry about that. I lost two years of my career because of it.

“I have time to recover, but I still thank Rafa because he gave me some big lessons in my life.

“It helps me grow and to become a man. I just try to train with a smile on my face each day.”

There is some frustration coming out there from Achraf, which is understandable. However, he just was not good enough to get into the team. He’s had two bosses at the club who have felt the same way.

Lazaar has the right attitude and can learn from his experience at Newcastle. While he still has two years left on his contract, hopefully, this summer a permanent move can be sorted for the 27-year-old.

His agent Roberto De Fanti is only focused on the positives for Achraf right now, and that will help his client settle in Italy for the time being.

This is what De Fanti said about Achraf’s future with Newcastle and his present with Cosenza:

“He spent a period where, willy-nilly, he played little. He needed a place that could guarantee him continuity, and the desire with which Cosenza requested him and treated him made the difference in the boy’s head.”

“Many factors, even because it’s useless to look at the past. Making a conspiracy is easy, but let’s look ahead. We still have a year of contract at Newcastle, it expires in 2021.

“At the end of the season we will sit down with them and decide what to do: right now in his and our thoughts there’s only the protagonist in Cosenza.”

Achraf’s future is not at Newcastle and the sooner a move away is found, the better it will be for both the club and the player. We hope that Lazaar can do well in Serie B and maybe stay in Italy next season. He seems to be very comfortable there having played his best football while at Palermo before coming to Newcastle.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 12, 2019 at 9:20 AM

Definitely not one for the successful signings list 😮

• Tsunki

Sep 12, 2019 at 9:22 AM

I wonder why he couldn’t have been punted back to Sheff Wed or some other Champo club, what has Shola been doing all summer?

• martoon

Sep 12, 2019 at 9:22 AM

It’s probably telling that none of his loan clubs have wanted to keep him either – he seems a nice enough lad but simple not good enough!

• Tsunki

Sep 12, 2019 at 9:24 AM

Ah, ok Tsunki, aye, it only shows up on posts that the username changed at the time, no wonder Jiblets was so loathe to get an avatar then changed his e mail to do so, that would have opened a can of worms for him.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 12, 2019 at 9:25 AM

So anyone just changing their name with an avatar would have been well and truly sussed out!!!

• martoon

Sep 12, 2019 at 9:26 AM

Jail – if you change your Avatar then it changes on all past posts but if you change screen name then it only changes for the posts made with that name so if you checked back to your Raj of Hailsey posts they would still have that name (at least I think that’s the case as I’ve never changed names).

• RobLeenio

Sep 12, 2019 at 9:28 AM

I’ve seen Lazaar play live in a couple of cup games. He has some pace and ability on the ball, but seems to have no clue over positioning. He seems to be one that just never developed any particular footballing intelligence, which means trying to make him work to a strict tactical plan, as in how Rafa likes to play, was always going to be difficult.

He’s not the only player who was ditched by Rafa for similar reasons – Mitro being the highest profile, but Saivet also.

It’s not always about skill, it’s about applying that skill in a team setting and, particularly in a Rafa team, with discipline.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Sep 12, 2019 at 9:29 AM

Tsunki – exactly. If you are genuine and log in with only one email your avatar traces you even if you fiddle with your username Tsunki old boy. 😉

Cue I am the Walrus…

I am he
    As you are he
    As you are me
    And we are all together….

😀

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 12, 2019 at 9:31 AM

I think it’s time that the muddling miscreant Munster man got an avatar too.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Sep 12, 2019 at 9:32 AM

Well said Rob. I don’t think some get the idea that you can have a player scouted, buy him and still find they confound you with that but of human nature that you only find out when you try to slot him into your system and ethic. Such players are touted as managerial failures but when a player’s changeable mental disposition trump’s all the skill in the world there’s pretty much nothing you can foresee or remedy.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 12, 2019 at 9:32 AM

martoon,
    raj of hailsley was a complete new account though, unfortunately there’s nothing you can do about them.

• Munster Mag

Sep 12, 2019 at 9:33 AM

Thats a bit harsh old bean.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Sep 12, 2019 at 9:33 AM

I would be very much interested in avatars for all. Would be very revealing.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Sep 12, 2019 at 9:34 AM

Imagine the mayhem if carl was forced to apply an avatar? I doubt he used a different login for all his personas. 😉

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Sep 12, 2019 at 9:42 AM

We having a sweep stake to see when Gayle or Carrol plays next?

• raj of hailsley

Sep 12, 2019 at 11:40 AM

martoon

But you’re an honourable person, unlike Jail.