web analytics

What Will The Result Be In Saturday’s Match At Liverpool?

Sean Longstaff and Newcastle make their return to Anfield on Saturday. The occasion will hold special meaning for Sean as he returns to the ground where he made his debut on Boxing Day last year. While Newcastle were soundly defeated, a player’s debut for his hometown club is always a treasured moment in their career.

Newcastle must face the league leaders in a weakened state due to the scourge of injuries that have struck the squad. While the team is deep enough at the back and in the midfield, the attack is lacking in depth. It’s also the attack that was compromised a bit this summer. So Newcastle have tempted fate by entering the season with their forwards either being injured or recent additions.

We are not expecting too much from this fixture other than a committed performance from the lads. Head coach Bruce may also be forced to return to the 5-3-2 formation out of necessity with the lack of options upfront. We may find out some more at Steve’s pre-match press conference on the formation, and if Almiron will be able to make the squad.

What Will Be The Result Of Saturday's Match At Liverpool?

• Loss (71%, 720 )
  • Win (16%, 166 )
  • Draw (13%, 134 )

Total Voters: 1,020

Loading ... Loading ...

• Munster Mag

Sep 12, 2019 at 12:16 AM

Over to the night shift. I put a long post under the almiron thread, detailing why I never remotely hated rafa but got talking about him negatively too much, defending myself from attacks. I hope you get to read it as the night shift tends to be more thoughtful and less vitriolic. Nite all. Htl.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Sep 12, 2019 at 12:35 AM

Rafa is probably an 8 out of 10 manager, and a 9 out of 10 manager for us because he was prepared to take on the owner. Not above criticism, but on balance, hardly deserving of any.

Steve Bruce is probably a 6 out of 10 manager in most fans eyes, who can only improve his stock by not only getting decent results but also vigorously and continuously pursuing more from the owner for the football side, so we can believe once again that the club is moving in the right direction, because at the moment few if any believes it is.

• lesh

Sep 12, 2019 at 1:03 AM

Munster

Sadly, it’s the likes of Tuff and bettysbollocks that’ll vote for the Johnson/ Farage alliance and it’s their grandbairns that’ll suffer. Such is the narrow-minded and short-sighted clowns that’ll ruin the UK and make it dependent on Trump.

Heaven forbid – those people are dangerous.

• The Wife

Sep 12, 2019 at 2:49 AM

I’m going to be “glass half full” girl and say we win at Liverpool. The rose-colored glasses are firmly in place. 🙂

• toon22

Sep 12, 2019 at 5:15 AM

1-0 the toon

Won’t ever say we will get beat

• Nostradamus " Mike Ashley The Clown "

Sep 12, 2019 at 5:15 AM

Honestly it’s Liverpool, a draw would be an awesome result, a win if something like winning the lottery, sadly I’m feeling the loss, Liverpool win 2-0.
    I hope I’m 100% wrong, shite it’s Liverpool.

• cyprus

Sep 12, 2019 at 5:52 AM

I never liked the keep the loss tight approach. That’s not Newcastle.

Let’s go for it. Does that mean being reckless and stupid? Trying to dominate possession? Of course not.

You have to believe you can get a result, as a player. It’s 11 can 11.

Prediction: 2-0 🙂

• cyprus

Sep 12, 2019 at 5:53 AM

11 vs 11.

• one fine day

Sep 12, 2019 at 6:06 AM

0ne nil miggy to notch ….been saying the same since the start of the season so sooner or later it has to happen.
    They only beat us with a free kick in the last game that should never have been given .
    4.3 WOULD BE BLISS

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Sep 12, 2019 at 6:16 AM

We were lucky against Spuds, doubt we’ll carry that luck against arguably the best side in the league.

Common sense and my heart says we’ll be beaten like a ginger step son.

I’ll go for 1-1

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Sep 12, 2019 at 6:16 AM

OFD

Hope you’re right, just to get mig off the mark.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 12, 2019 at 6:16 AM

If Moanster didn’t keep going on and on and on about Rafa and his crap signings and shit football and how he doesn’t hate him maybe the blog could just move on from the whole Rafa thing, “I have to respond to this defecating denigrating aggressive vitriolic and pejorative attacks on me because they say I hate Rafa”. If you just stfu about him we’d all be happy to forget him. Please move on!!!

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Sep 12, 2019 at 6:29 AM

Aye the night shift really chewed on the political claptrap and the merits of constantly talking about a former manager out of context.

2 comments per hour testify to just how riveting that was. 😐

• Nostradamus " Mike Ashley The Clown "

Sep 12, 2019 at 6:29 AM

Thanks Jail for reminding me about RAFA.
    ;-(

• Mindshaft

Sep 12, 2019 at 6:29 AM

We can’t score goals, can’t defend against teams that press, Bruce is a shite manager, tactics will be all wrong so I’m going for 3-4 to the toon 🙂

HWTL

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 12, 2019 at 7:16 AM

Well the dawn shift left as quickly as it arrived 😮

• martoon

Sep 12, 2019 at 7:29 AM

We’ll obviously employ similar tactics to that at Spurs but the Liverpool forward line is frightening so realistically keeping the score respectable would be OK but if we scraped a draw then that would be fantastic. I just hope that cheat Salah is not up to his usual diving tricks – he’s a great player anyway so he doesn’t need to do that!

• Mag52

Sep 12, 2019 at 7:39 AM

Thank goodness the grandchildren in this country can rely on the likes of Lesh to deliver us into the hands of a Corbyn/McDonnell Marxist government which will smash the economy to smithereens and have us going cap in hand to the IMF for a bail out as Healey had to back in the day.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Sep 12, 2019 at 7:41 AM

I’m going for a NUFC win. 0-0.

I think Brucicles will employ the “Rafaelite Manoeuvre” ahem… And stifle them to sleep. Naming no names of course.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Sep 12, 2019 at 7:44 AM

Take it outside, politics boy ha ha the one thing i know about politics is it’s a game of greed and our way of life will be determined by the greedy people we can tolerate most.

• Munster Mag

Sep 12, 2019 at 7:52 AM

Typical of the gruesome twosome to bring the matter up again. The accurate picture , with zero lies ( unlike your efforts ) is fully clear under the Almiron post and prior to that you really should read Rob’s neutral observations, for a more intelligent and balanced viewpoint than you two twisted sisters could muster between you. Put your petty bitterness to one side ( although you have never shown that tendency to date ) like two big boys and move on. The case is now closed.

• Munster Mag

Sep 12, 2019 at 7:54 AM

Hard to see us keeping a clean sheet as they are miles better than spurs. 2-0 but fearful of worse.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Sep 12, 2019 at 8:08 AM

Case closed Munster.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 12, 2019 at 8:14 AM

I wonder how long after the Lpool game will they ramp up the pictures of Carroll jumping and running in training under the premise of wheeling him out for the Brighton game in the hope of selling a few more tickets. If he does come on against Brighton he will be under strict instructions not to tackle or sprint, just wave to the crowd and kiss the badge a couple of times at the end.

• Munster Mag

Sep 12, 2019 at 8:15 AM

Its ok Tsunki, I closed it at 21. No need to re-close it but thanks anyway.

• Munster Mag

Sep 12, 2019 at 8:15 AM

🙂

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 12, 2019 at 8:19 AM

I wish somebody could close Moanster’s trap 😀

• lochinvar

Sep 12, 2019 at 8:23 AM

#8

Ashley’s statement after the SD AGM
    Bizarre.
    Sounds like he’s lost the plot and is delusional.
    Theres no ambition there,just” let’s see if we can avoid relegation” type speak.
    It doesn’t bode well.
    Unless he sells.

Mr Ashley added after the AGM: “From when I floated everyone knew I did exactly what I said on the tin, so why would I change, I’m not necessarily wrong… we’re still going, we’re still in the fight, it might be the bottom of the 11, I might have picked myself off the canvas twice but I think I’m going to win on points.”

• lochinvar

Sep 12, 2019 at 8:27 AM

Mister Tuff
    You can avoid stockpiling 8,000 bottles of water when society collapses post Brexit by turning the tap on, presuming that you live in a house.

Or draw water off the Tyne one of the cleanest rivers in the UK but go upstream to avoid dead sheep

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Sep 12, 2019 at 8:32 AM

It’s ok Munster i closed your closing.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Sep 12, 2019 at 8:34 AM

Now let’s all close this thing and get closed down it’s a closing down sale oh no I’ve gone a bit SD…. 🙁

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Sep 12, 2019 at 8:36 AM

Some extreme nature enthusiasts extol the health benefits of drinking ones own urine, a practice taken up by a handful of the powerful and celebrated.

However it’s not that exclusive – seeing as the French have owned most of our water companies for some time I very much suspect we have all been doing just that. 😐

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 12, 2019 at 8:38 AM

It’s not going to be too much longer that Ashley will have been in charge here for as long as Shepherd and Hall but without the world record signings and hope of something special.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 12, 2019 at 8:39 AM

Tsunki,
    How come your older posts have Tsunki as a username but with your new avatar?

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Sep 12, 2019 at 8:44 AM

Because, Jail, my old stewed prunes with custard, I haven’t changed my email to login just my username so I’m fully traceable. Not for me this dancing in the shadows multiple lark. Don’t want to have the Pokat brick thrown at me ahem…cough…

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Sep 12, 2019 at 8:46 AM

That post might have seemed a bit H2Oist. I apologise unreservedly.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 12, 2019 at 8:46 AM

Tsunki,
    Aye, but surely all your old posts should show your new nickname as well, unless of course it only shows on posts since you changed it?

• Moonraker15

Sep 12, 2019 at 12:51 PM

Lesh
    I’m an uncomplicated person! Can you tell me why we should stay in the EU ? (we won’t because the referendum was once only). I object to supporting god knows how many countries who don’t make a net contribution except provide cheap labour to the rich countries encouraged by the EU commission.
    What’s the big attraction?

• Moonraker15

Sep 12, 2019 at 12:59 PM

Seeing Ashley trying to justify his investments to the reporter I got the impression he is a very worried man who has tried to swim against the tide but obviously dropped a huge bollock with the HoF and Debenhams investments. Sports Direct on its knees financially while JD sports are flying. This could be a huge turning point in his fortunes; the question is; Is NUFC more valuable to him now or does he need a large cash injection from the sale? I reckon he will now try to sell!