web analytics

Freddie Woodman Talks About Start To Season At Swansea

Newcastle have a lot of players whose contracts are due to expire within the next two years. Two of the big ones that need to be sorted out quickly are Fabian Schar and Isaac Hayden. Both of their deals only run until the summer of 2021.

After these two, another player who should be high on the list of getting secured on a long-term deal is 22-year-old goalkeeper Freddie Woodman.

Freddie is currently out on loan at Swansea where he has had a terrific start to the season. His contract only runs until 2021 so like Schar and Hayden, the club need to get this potential first-team keeper under a long-term contract.

Woodman has started six of Swansea’s league games and they currently occupy the top spot with an undefeated record. Freddie has three clean sheets in those six appearances.

Today Freddie has been talking to the official Swansea website ahead of their match against Nottingham Forest tomorrow.

This is what he has said about Swansea’s start to the season:

“It has gone well so far, we know it is a good start but we keep stressing it’s only a good start.

“There are still 40 games to go, and being top now does not mean you will win the league in the same way that if we were bottom now it would not mean relegation is a certainty.

“Don’t get me wrong, we would much rather have had the start we have had than the opposite, because it builds momentum and confidence and those things are important in football.”

Freddie was also asked how well he has acclimated to life at Swansea:

“It’s been nice to play with a settled back four, you build relationships and understanding and I have been made to feel welcome.

“I’ve had a few loan spells in my career, and I have to say this is the best place I have come in terms of settling straight away.

“I love playing here.”

Let’s hope that he not loving it too much over there. He should have a great opportunity to fulfill his potential at Newcastle if he continues to develop like he has to start this season. It’s now up to Newcastle to make sure they retain him long-term.

• c-dog

Sep 13, 2019 at 1:35 PM

I’d take a 3-0 defeat right now

• Oldgit1

Sep 13, 2019 at 1:48 PM

Oh dear, fireman Sam has been sacked, whilst fighting a fire he shouted to a distressed female, I will save you lady. She replied how dare you to assume my gender, I will sue you. Fireman Sam later said, the woman was already dead on his arrival.

• Oldgit1

Sep 13, 2019 at 1:53 PM

I see Manu are having injuries to their players, five are out already. Can’t see the manager lasting the season.

Strange that Rafa hardly had any long term injuries, didn’t he have his own medical staff, did they leave when he left ?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 13, 2019 at 1:53 PM

Jail made a very astute observation re. the missing ladders used to access the wheelie bins, is that a major cause to the current injury crisis.

It’s also possible that Mr Ashlie hasn’t paid the bar bill for the ice supply.

The chronic should get one of their top reporters onto this scandal!

• AncientC

Sep 13, 2019 at 2:03 PM

I see carl has popped up again, now under the guise of ‘Tom Watson’. And this after ‘The Wife’ inferred to Jail she had solved the problem. He is completely ripping the proverbial now.

Do keep it up, carl. Your days of multiples are coming to an end.

• AncientC

Sep 13, 2019 at 2:06 PM

Well, well, I looked back and carl’s comment using the name Tom Watson has been removed. Oh dear, you will be missed carl. You had a good run of it.