web analytics

Two Of Our Loan Boys Face Off Tomorrow In League 2

Tomorrow holds the possibility that two of our loan boys will face each other in a League Two clash between Stevenage and Carlisle. Elias Sorensen and Carlisle United will make the journey to face Kelland Watts and Stevenage tomorrow afternoon.

It will be an important fixture for both sides as they struggle at the bottom of the table after 7 fixtures. Carlisle are in 19th spot with 7 points while Stevenage have managed just 3 draws this season, and occupy the 23rd position in the table.

It’s a big doubt that striker Elias Sorensen will get on the pitch for many minutes tomorrow. Sorensen has made just 4 appearances for only 115 minutes in the league for Carlisle.

Manager Steven Pressley said yesterday that his younger players are still further away from the first-team than anticipated. This is what Pressley told the official Carlisle website:

“I’m very comfortable with the players we have. We know where we are and my job is to work hard with all of them to make them as good as they can be.

“The younger players are possibly a bit further away from regular first-team football than we anticipated, but they’ll get there. Both the senior and younger players know that I expect them to train how they play every single day, and that’s the way we will set and maintain standards.”

It’s a different story for Stevenage and defender Kelland Watts. Watts has started and completed all five league games he has been available for. However, he now must impress a new head coach as Stevenage sacked Dino Maamria after their 4-2 defeat at Cheltenham this past weekend.

First-team coach Mark Sampson has taken over as caretaker manager while the club searches for a longer term appointment. Though we fully expect Kelland to keep his place as he played very well in a struggling side.

• G

Sep 13, 2019 at 2:43 PM

Dont suppose anybody knows if this match willne streamed anywhere?

• G

Sep 13, 2019 at 2:44 PM

Will be even

• Lindisfarne

Sep 13, 2019 at 2:48 PM

What has happened to Dwight Gayle?

• Lindisfarne

Sep 13, 2019 at 2:50 PM

If we can repeat this performance tomorrow I will start cutting the three Stevos some slack.

• Lindisfarne

Sep 13, 2019 at 2:53 PM

Sept 10: “A big disappointment. I have now been here for seven, eight weeks but this injury has not got any better – which is a big concern to all of us.”

With No Return Date is Dwight trying to tell the club something?

• Lindisfarne

Sep 13, 2019 at 2:55 PM

Bournemouth, Chelsea, ManU, Norwich all have more injuries and Spurs the same as NUFC.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 13, 2019 at 2:58 PM

Ancient,
    I missed it, how did you know this Tom Watson was carl.

• Lindisfarne

Sep 13, 2019 at 3:04 PM

Klopp – “Newcastle are good, really difficult for them with Rafa leaving,” Klopp told the media.

“For Steve Bruce, for sure has a difficult job but he has done fantastic so far. They have kept the style of last season.

“They sold Rondon, got Joelinton and he is similar. They have speed for counters.

“It won’t be easy. People expect it, probably, but I am really impressed by the solutions they have found so far.”

• Just a fan

Sep 13, 2019 at 3:04 PM

Whose carl

• Rotonda heights

Sep 13, 2019 at 3:08 PM

Is it not inevitable even to the meanest intelligence that when you trade an elite coach for a 3rd rate journeyman, things like injuries will increase. Bruce’s old skool, long runs and medicine balls went out with the ark against Rafa’s sports science approach.

Our owner, coach and facilities will only = one thing……..again!!
    Suicidal for Ash not to accede to Rafa’s very reasonable requests.
    Really hope the body language from that interview means the creep is feeling the heat.

• Mister Tuff

Sep 13, 2019 at 3:13 PM

Jib – you know full well who Carl is. Another mischief maker.

• AncientC

Sep 13, 2019 at 3:26 PM

Jail, I knew it was carl by his usual style of bait. He is fairly unmistakable once he gets started. I didn’t report him, so I reckon Neil or The Wife must have pegged him quite quickly.

It’s the end of an era for the blog phantom.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 13, 2019 at 3:28 PM

AncientC,
    What was it he said?

• AncientC

Sep 13, 2019 at 3:42 PM

I cannot quite recall it now. He mentioned you, then some guff about Arsenal fans signing about Corbyn, dropped in a bit of “Marxist”, yadda yadda. The usual stuff.

• Just a fan

Sep 13, 2019 at 3:49 PM

Ok Mr tuff you got me.
    Carl marks

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 13, 2019 at 3:52 PM

AncientC,
    That’s him alright, I wonder how he flagged up on The Wife’s radar?

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 13, 2019 at 3:53 PM

AncientC,
    Tom Watson just happens to be the deputy leader of the labour party.

• AncientC

Sep 13, 2019 at 4:02 PM

Jail, not sure how The Wife knew. She was quick off the mark with the whack-a-mole mallet. I reckon Carl had a warning and was testing a new nick.

Maybe he will stick with one name from now on.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 13, 2019 at 4:04 PM

England 1st team have several ‘younger’ players playing for them Mr Pressley, he was loaned to you to get regular football, just blo0dy well play him or send him back, the U23s could do with him in the team and at least he’d be available for us as he wants to be.

• Mister Tuff

Sep 13, 2019 at 4:15 PM

Jib – got you the other night.
    I had gambled you would be on the vino collapso and probably would slip up (as you have done previously).

Hey presto after only a couple of minutes one of your alts – Just a Fan – answers for you.

Game set and match.

Would have thought that would be sufficient for the editors to issue a banning order but no.

Anyway had a good laugh at your ineptitude. I’ll catch you again no probs.

• Just a fan

Sep 13, 2019 at 4:26 PM

Mr tuff
    You are such a card.
    Your dislike of jib is so engulfing it sends you you into dissilusioned mode.
    You will catch many of his alts by making more rubbish up.
    I will never be banned for being an alt .trust me.
    You should join Boris and trump with there false news.
    I would be chortling on my vino but I’m not sophisticated enough to appreciate wine.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Sep 13, 2019 at 4:33 PM

The only player who looks like he is delaying his comeback cause he isn’t happy is Gayle. That is more likely to do with not getting his move and being back here than anything else.

I’ve heard very little on Yedlin’s injury and potential comeback, so he could be another.

The rest, the only one who he has rushed back and set back is Saint Max.

Who else are people talking about? Please don’t say Carroll…. Lejeune, Ritchie ans Saint Max now all appear ahead of schedule rather than feigning for a longer spell out.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 13, 2019 at 4:35 PM

Wish someone would list all of jibs alt’s.

Actually, no I don’t this blog is confusing enough sometimes without more muddy waters.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 13, 2019 at 4:37 PM

Lilongwe

I reckon AC is itching to get onto the pitch for us, he won’t be feigning any injuries.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Sep 13, 2019 at 4:38 PM

EGB,
    I guess if Pressley felt Sorensen was s better than his other options he would get more time. Still, Kane didn’t set the world alight on his numerous loans before breaking through, nor did pre injuries Andy Carroll.

No need to worry just yet, we will have to wait and see if he can do enough in training to make it impossible to leave him out.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Sep 13, 2019 at 4:39 PM

Essex,
    I agree. I reckon it was probably Andy’s enthusiasm that brought Bruce ti mention tomorrows game as a possible a few weeks ago. Medical science amd realism has thankfully won out.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Sep 13, 2019 at 4:40 PM

LG

I was thinking Gayle, no one else is really in that position.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 13, 2019 at 4:42 PM

And before any one else jumps in.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 13, 2019 at 4:45 PM

EGB,
    Although harmless enough, mallorca mag the other night was definitely Jib/Jeff from Benwell, to say that he has never done that before is beyond naive, not you specifically btw, I like you a lot 😀

• Lilongwe Geordie

Sep 13, 2019 at 4:46 PM

OP,
    Gayle certainly is, I don’t think that is to do with Bruce. I think he would be more likely to figure under Bruce, so I guess it is just him wanting out and feeling like he wasn’t treated well by the club last season.

He probably had a slight knock, realised his move wasn’t going to become a reality, and has now downed tools.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 13, 2019 at 4:49 PM

Jail

So you should mate, I’m a wonderful person! 🙂

• Lilongwe Geordie

Sep 13, 2019 at 4:49 PM

Anyone at Liverpool tomorrow? I’ve seen a win a piece at Anfield. I’d be more than happy to get a draw tomorrow and complete the set. Although, I think I’d be okay not getting the set if we win….

• toon22

Sep 13, 2019 at 4:54 PM

Has there ever been any doubt JIB uses multiple alts here ?

• toon22

Sep 13, 2019 at 4:55 PM

1-0 the toon

Who cares how

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 13, 2019 at 4:56 PM

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 13, 2019 at 5:02 PM

Teatime

Smoked haddock and eggs tonight, yum.

• beermonkey

Sep 13, 2019 at 5:04 PM

egb

yuk

• Australian Pie

Sep 13, 2019 at 5:19 PM

Having worked in medical team in professional football, inc some of our former mags, I can for certain say that Bruce can’t be blamed for injuries thus far…. While injured the Physio will set the directives of how much or little a player can do.

I’m not saying he won’t be bad for injuries in the future but for now he is fine

• geordietom

Sep 13, 2019 at 5:20 PM

talking about food wor lass made me a full english it was that big i’m still eating it …

i’m going for a draw tomorrow…

• Just a fan

Sep 13, 2019 at 5:20 PM

Essex
    Not a combination I have ever had.