web analytics

Newcastle At Liverpool – Pre-Match Predictions Round-Up And Latest Injuries

This is the line-up we think Steve Bruce will have the boys playing in against Liverpool in a few hours. It’s just one change from Watford with Jonjo Shelvey coming in for the injured Sean Longstaff. We are, however, hoping that Matty Longstaff comes in for his older brother.

The injury news is not great for either teams really. Newcastle have seven first team players sidelined for this match while Liverpool have three. Though Liverpool are missing two superstars.

Newcastle Injuries:

Andy Carroll – ankle, Dwight Gayle – calf, Matt Ritchie – ankle, Sean Longstaff – ankle, DeAndre Yedlin – groin, Allan Saint-Maximin – hamstring

Liverpool Injuries

Naby Keita – hip, Allison – calf, Nathaniel Clyne – knee

Our poll for this match has the majority of voters expecting a defeat today. 720 of the 1020 votes cast were in the loss column. That’s 71% of all voters. Though considering the opponent, that is not too bad. There are 166 voters who think the lads can nick a win today. That would be just unbelievable and we just love their optimism.

What Will Be The Result Of Saturday's Match At Liverpool?

• Loss (71%, 720 )
  • Win (16%, 166 )
  • Draw (13%, 134 )

Total Voters: 1,020

Loading ... Loading ...

• Posh_Geordie

Sep 14, 2019 at 10:36 AM

Haway the Toon.

• Just a fan

Sep 14, 2019 at 10:37 AM

Irish
    I thought slow Mo was a beast when he was on his game.
    Something sissoko could have been but wasn’t.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Sep 14, 2019 at 10:44 AM

Without Longstaff, I’d be tempted to play this 11.

………………Dubravka.
    …Fernandez…Lascelles…..Dummett.
    Krafth…….Scharr…….Hayden….…Willems.
    ……Almiron….Joelinton……Atsu.

Sit back, defend as a unit, 11 players behind the ball, when the ball gets behind the front 3, then Joelinton pushes up to the halfway line, so the two centre backs need to go with him, meaning 10 v 8, win the ball, break at pace.

• Lindisfarne

Sep 14, 2019 at 10:48 AM

play clarke up front?!!

• AncientC

Sep 14, 2019 at 10:50 AM

EGB, from last night; Just curious, did you come across the Armagh Rhymers on your travels to Navan fort? One to look up if you haven’t already heard of.

• geordietom

Sep 14, 2019 at 11:05 AM

The Wife …

just read your comment to jail from previous re: Ocean Road bit cold for you and Neil so you left and got the metro back to Newcastle . did you by any chance try a Stottie with Ham and Pease pudding ? or a Savaloy Dip ? proper Geordie cusine …

• IrishRob

Sep 14, 2019 at 11:06 AM

Jail seriously, not to be a prick but are you fúcking stupid, how many times in how many days straight do I have to keep clearly saying it, beforepeopld will get what I’m trying to say.

I’m not blaming the injury on Bruce I’m blaming the very slow recovery from those injuries, it’s also not just Carroll I’m on about, we were supposed to have Yedlin back long ago, same with Gayle, same with Ledjune, same with AsM, all supposed to be back weeks ago but for one reason or another they are still out.

• lesh

Sep 14, 2019 at 11:23 AM

I’d imagine Jane and some others are looking forward to Jib’s return to public life – it’ll save him a lot of hassle trying to remember who he’s posting as!

I’m off to Mallorca soon and if El Jib really has been there, I’ve no doubt we’ll hear about it – unless the police slammed him up on his arrival at Palma

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Sep 14, 2019 at 11:24 AM

Can’t beat Ocean Road for Indian festive fun the competition between them is pretty lively 🙂

I think I mentioned it before but some years ago we landed in Dublin, hired a car went straight west in the motorway then spent the week crawling down the west coast, around the south and back to Dublin. Fantastically green place and quite a history and of course you probably wouldn’t drink guiness anywhere else after you’ve had one there 🙂 I think we drive past Limerick but didn’t go there mind.

• RobLeenio

Sep 14, 2019 at 11:26 AM

Match day! Still a buzz, can’t wait.

I’m out for the second half. Been a while since I got to see any footy on a Saturday afternoon, with the kids’ clubs dominating. Hope it’s at least competitive by then.

HWTL

• RobLeenio

Sep 14, 2019 at 11:29 AM

Ocean Road is a truly amazing place. Me and my mates get the Shields ferry with our bikes at least once a year, cycle over to the Sand Dancer, couple pints there and in the pubs back towards Shields and grab a curry anywhere that’ll let us in. Never had a meal that’s been less than superb yet.

• Ron Knee

Sep 14, 2019 at 11:31 AM

Shelvey starting.

• toon22

Sep 14, 2019 at 11:35 AM

JAF hiya JIB

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 14, 2019 at 11:35 AM

54 Minutes to KO

• The Wife

Sep 14, 2019 at 11:35 AM

geordietom

I’m afraid I didn’t have a Savaloy Dip, haha. Neil ate every meat pie he could find, though. 🙂

Definitely will try one next time!

• toon22

Sep 14, 2019 at 11:36 AM

1-0 the toon

• geordietom

Sep 14, 2019 at 11:36 AM

thought i would put this on as people have been going on about Indian curry houses…

Only the British, the Spanish and the Portuguese. The first curry recipe was published in a British cookbook in 1747. Curry powder is known as an 18th century British invention. Britain is known for popularizing curry around the world due to it being a staple with British military forces.

• geordietom

Sep 14, 2019 at 11:37 AM

The Wife …

cheers for getting back , make sure you do try one you’ll like it , made me laugh Neil ate all the pies he could find …

😀

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 14, 2019 at 11:39 AM

Team

Newcastle United: Martin Dúbravka, Emil Krafth, Fabian Schär, Jamaal Lascelles, Paul Dummett, Jetro Willems, Isaac Hayden, Jonjo Shelvey, Christian Atsu, Miguel Almirón, Joelinton.

Substitutes: Karl Darlow, Javier Manquillo, Ciaran Clark, Federico Fernández, Matty Longstaff, Ki Sung-yueng, Yoshinori Muto.

No surprises there.

• Oldgit1

Sep 14, 2019 at 11:48 AM

Re the ocean road curry houses, I can recommend the Radhuni Indian restaurant, there are six of us that meet up every week, on a wed night. Have done for over 13 years now. We don’t drink but do like our food. We tend to use tastecard which gives us meals at half price. We try different places and different type of cuisines, all over the north east. The Radhuni is the best curry house where we often visit. Took my wife there for her 70th birthday last Tuesday.

Back to football I’m going for a 1-1 draw with Schar scoring for us.