web analytics

“I Feel At Home Here” – Star Gives Big Update After Summer Of Speculation

There was some speculation this summer that Martin Dubravka was being tracked by some of Europe’s giants. Both Juventus and Paris St-Germain were linked with our Slovakian shot-stopper. There was even talk that some English clubs like Aston Villa were tracking him.

The links to Juventus died down pretty quickly once Gianluigi Buffon made his return to Turin. However, the PSG links lingered deep into the summer. Even though PSG would see both Kevin Trapp and Alphonse Areola leave this summer, they never came calling for Dubravka.

On multiple occasions, Martin has proclaimed his happiness at Newcastle despite the interest in him. He even recently spoke about his joy at playing every game in the Premier League for the club.

There has been talk of a new deal for Martin along with some other core members of the squad. While players like Isaac Hayden and Fabian Schar have just two years remaining on their deals, Martin’s doesn’t run out until 2022. However, he is still on the contract he signed when he joined permanently from Sparta Prague last summer. It seems that the club is very interested in getting him on a better deal.

The Chronicle have published an update on these talks from none other than Martin himself. This is what the 30-year-old had to say about his contract talks:

“I’m happy here. Since I came here, people have treated me really well. I can say that I feel at home here. I’m glad that people think that I can stay here for the longer-term.

“It’s such a big honour for me. Hopefully, we can keep our players in the squad, our leaders, and we can build on this.

“We’re in talks. I’m close. That’s what I can say.”

There is a lot of work remaining for the club on the contract front. We need to get some key players signed long-term. At goalkeeper, we would also like to see Freddie Woodman tied down to a long-term deal. It looks like Martin may be the first to get a new deal which would be fantastic news. However, we hope his is just the first of many.

• Trent1211

Sep 15, 2019 at 1:20 PM

https://twitter.com/nufctoontalk/status/1172828738603683840?s=12 We’re so low rent. This sort of thing is why commercial income is terrible. “Put a couple of shirts on the radiator” That it’s a conscious decision is lamentable.

• Jib

Sep 15, 2019 at 2:05 PM

Trent1211
    That’s real childish twitter twaddle
    Are you sure you wouldn’t be happier on a blog talking about
    artificial nails and where’s best to get your eyebrows plucked ?

I bet you are wearing a Justin Bieber top
    😀

• geordietom

Sep 15, 2019 at 2:08 PM

Neil …

beat you to it a couple of threads back mate …

😉 😎

• Trent1211

Sep 15, 2019 at 2:33 PM

What are you talking about Jib? I’m not the one with a split personality masquerading as Jane. Childish twitter twaddle?! No it’s a pathetic illustration of the club’s attempts to merchandise. “Drape a couple of shirts on the manager’s radiator” Speaks volumes about the club like the paddling pool ice baths. Two bob outfit. Yet again you swoop in to diminish any critique of the regime and get personal. If you’re not on the payroll you should be. As I’ve said before, if there was a competition for losers you’d finish second.

• Sports Direct FC

Sep 15, 2019 at 2:37 PM

I see Jib is right back where he left off

• Trent1211

Sep 15, 2019 at 2:38 PM

GT if it’s already posted apologies for repetition although tbh bears repeating how bad it is. Jib attributing feminine characteristics to a man in a derogatory way with the casual misogyny like the dinosaur he is. Straight out of the Boris Johnson playbook calling men big girls blouses. Laughable if he didn’t have such a nasty streak barely concealed. Probably call me a paedophile next.

• Trent1211