web analytics

Watch Woodman’s Great Save On Sammy Ameobi’s Close-Range Effort

Freddie Woodman has been receiving the plaudits again despite Swansea suffering their first defeat of the season to Nottingham Forest yesterday 0-1. It was a late goal in the 85th minute which Freddie could do nothing about that saw Swansea fall at home. Woodman was still in fine form though and was voted as the Swansea’s Man of the Match with 47% of the total vote.

Here is a terrific save from Freddie on former Magpie Sammy Ameobi.

Freddie is very popular at Swansea right now as he has put in magnificent performances since joining them on loan. If the idea was to get him first-team football to see how well he does before giving him a long-term deal, then they may want to expedite the process as Woodman looks like the real deal.

Swansea have dropped to second place on goal difference to Leeds due to defeat yesterday. However, the Swansea fans are thrilled to have Freddie at the club.

It should be imperative that Newcastle get Woodman signed to a long-term deal. With news today that Dubravka is close to a new deal, we hope the club still have plans on getting Freddie on a long-term deal.

• Toonboy_84

Sep 15, 2019 at 8:18 PM

How are we all getting on, in the fantasy league?

• bettyswallocks

Sep 15, 2019 at 8:25 PM

George Caulkin still maintaining that takeover talks are ongoing.
    He normally doesn’t comment without accurate info.

• cyprus

Sep 15, 2019 at 8:27 PM

lochinvar,
    Agreed (Newcastle isn’t… Newcastle), in our case, since SBR.

In truth, for various justifiable reasons, we never reached similar heights with Rafa. It was all for the future, never the now.

Maybe in a couple games, eg. Spurs after we were relegated. But even AP had such moments.

And, of course, there have been individual occasions of brilliance (for several egs see HBA).

• Rotonda heights

Sep 15, 2019 at 8:30 PM

betty

any links to that?
    I know he said a while back that there was but is that recent?

• Jib

Sep 15, 2019 at 8:36 PM

Naaaah
    I’ve just checked Caulkin’s twitter page
    Betty is spouting drivel (what’s new ! )

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 15, 2019 at 8:44 PM

Toonboy_84,
    I was 0.1M short of buying Abraham last week before GW4 and so far it’s killing me, I’m getting steadily worse, Wilson pulled me out of the clarts today but my two main men Sterling and Debruyne done nowt while every defender leaked goals 🙁

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 15, 2019 at 8:54 PM

Jib

Apr 15, 2018 at 7:27 AM

TheJimBelow

Sanctimonious , pompous , self righteous pap

Jeff from Benwell

Mar 25, 2015 at 4:15 PM

The rest of your pompous self righteous pumped up crap is not worth a response.

Wasn’t me bob, one had an avatar 😮

• MagpieRanger

Sep 15, 2019 at 9:03 PM

Can’t see anything on Caulkin’s Twitter.

• Jib

Sep 15, 2019 at 9:14 PM

TyneMouth
    Jan 2, 2018 at 8:08 PM
    Just after midnight, 18 hours ago, I viewed the blog, expecting to read happy, positive contributions, celebrating an important victory.
    Instead it was contaminated by deluge of pompous, self-righteous, supposedly politically correct, claptrap.

Rotonda heights
    Jan 22, 2012 at 4:08 PM
    Boater,
    I don’t know wher you get off calling people small minded morons. Sick of your superior, pompous, know it all attitude.
    If you’re going to be absusive and totally incapable of reasoned argument with anyone who doesnt necessarily agree with you, why bother coming on here and droning on in with your sanctimonious drivel.
    Nothing to do with people being in africa, the tactics were wrong. Accept it.

Wow I must be Tynemouth and Rotonda as well

Jail – you give idiotss a bad name

• bettyswallocks

Sep 15, 2019 at 9:16 PM

Rotonda……….. It just came up in conversation earlier today. Don’t know how recent the comments were.

• martoon

Sep 15, 2019 at 9:20 PM

Jail – unless my remaining 2 players get negative points tomorrow night we could be looking at 3 – 2 😀

• MagpieRanger

Sep 15, 2019 at 9:25 PM

“In his interview with the Mail, Ashley said he’s assuming he’ll own Newcastle for the foreseeable future.

“Does that mean all takeover negotiations have stopped or that every interested party has disappeared? I know for a fact they haven’t.

“But the last 12 years show that Ashley is a difficult seller. I think it’s best to expect things to carry on as they are.

“If a takeover does happen, it’ll come out of the blue.” – George Caulkin a couple of weeks ago, I think that’s what your on about Betty.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 15, 2019 at 9:26 PM

martoon,
    Not getting Tammy “tap in” the other week has cost me dearly. 0.1M short as well 🙁

• Just a fan

Sep 15, 2019 at 9:27 PM

I like jail
    He works so hard.
    Oh no he had a cup of tea then turned a screw five degrees for a thousand pounds a week
    Sorry jail just kidding
    I sound like online guy
    Where is he
    Did he take a week of like jib
    Conspiracy theories abound