web analytics

Some Fans Go To Twitter To Support Player After Liverpool Performance

We didn’t think Emil Krafth had a very good game on Saturday against Liverpool. However, he was up against Sadio Mane and Andrew Robertson. He was far from awful, and just struggled defensively against two world-class players. Any right-back would find it hard to go up against the likes of those two.

It was good to see some fans back the 25-year-old on Twitter after the game. It was just his fourth appearance in the Premier League, and he was facing the European Champions at Anfield. It was a tough proposition for any player.

There were some negative rumblings about Krafth after his Norwich debut in which he struggled a bit. However, Emil makes it a habit not to take notice of reports after games. This is what he told the Chronicle about the week after the Norwich defeat:

“Actually I did not read much about the game. I don’t like to read newspapers after the games.

“But I know people were disappointed in our performance [at Norwich] and I can understand that because we didn’t play good.”

Here are some fans that backed the 25-year-old after the Liverpool match.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Sep 16, 2019 at 11:28 PM

Tarquin in the house!

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Sep 16, 2019 at 11:32 PM

Look who’s Tarquin! Are you Tarquin to me? Tarquin ’bout my girl, my girl, my girrrrll.

Munster when are you doing your exchange trip to Murton?

• Jib

Sep 16, 2019 at 11:33 PM

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Sep 16, 2019 at 11:35 PM

Jib how was the sin bin?

• Genjikai

Sep 16, 2019 at 11:36 PM

Yeah the tarquin gaff is belta blog crack like, its so funny i dont even get it.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Sep 16, 2019 at 11:37 PM

…sorry I meant “holiday” of course. Not moderation. Of course. 😉

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Sep 16, 2019 at 11:38 PM

No I’ve asked Munster but I have a sneaky feeling he picked it up at random and can’t explain it. A bit like “nonce” which was also a foreign word he used quite innocently.

• Jib

Sep 16, 2019 at 11:40 PM

Genjikai

I’m guessing there’s a lot of stuff you don’t get

• Munster Mag

Sep 16, 2019 at 11:49 PM

Tarquin to put you out of your inquisitive misery, the name occurred to me after you gave one of your awfully boring lectures generally relating to sociology, football and fandom a few weeks ago. So you reminded me of some vegan sandalista boring twat. Not for the first or last time. Jib knew where I was coming from re Viz. I cudnt quite remember the name but reckoned it was Tarquin. So cheers Jibley old boy.

• Jib

Sep 16, 2019 at 11:54 PM

YW

• Munster Mag

Sep 16, 2019 at 11:57 PM

You tried to nail me for nonce in the past Tsunki. And cleverly put it up late at night to let it fester. That was a clear anglo/irish lingo difference but I apologized. So bringing it up again is both pointless and sly. I shudnt be surprised. You also once claimed I loved the fire puker. Why not go the whole hog and tell some of the less cerebral blog members that Pol pot was my idol too? I think you badly exposed your bias when you said you wont accept Bruce without a cup. Utterly idiotic spoilt child thinking.

• Munster Mag

Sep 16, 2019 at 11:59 PM

Jib and co i’ll leave you with the lecturer. Over to carltoon , ny, essex and the more tolerant night shift. Nitey nite.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 17, 2019 at 12:09 AM

Krafth might end up being the best right sided defender in the EPL but at the moment Manquillo is better than him, chucking him straight into the team with no real pre-season, which Manquillo did have, has not been very clever tactics

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 17, 2019 at 12:11 AM

I see Boris intends to recruit more police, I wonder how many Hartlepool will get.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 17, 2019 at 12:16 AM

Well done the U23s.

Team tonight was.

Newcastle United Under-23s: Dan Langley; Jamie Sterry, Lewis Cass, Owen Bailey, Oliver Walters; Tom Allan, Mo Sangare, Jack Young, Rosaire Longelo; Luke Charman, Yannick Touré (Kyle Scott 90).

Subs not used: Jake Turner, Jude Swailes, Joe White, Elliot Anderson.

• boss hoggs atm

Sep 17, 2019 at 1:56 AM

Why do our supporters accept mediocrity season after season is beyond me , on holiday in Cuba at the moment & i’ve spoken to fellow geordies on the resort to find they expect nothing more than survival, it boils my…..passionate about their club, give me a break, the supporters are shells, like the club is now…

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 17, 2019 at 2:13 AM

Looks like the night shift aint clocking on, I too shall retire for the night, G’dNight all.

• Nostradamus " Mike Ashley The Clown "

Sep 17, 2019 at 4:13 AM

Well to pipe in on the actual storyline, Kraft is an international yes, Salah was too but couldn’t get a run at Chelsea as they thought he didn’t have it until he got his feet wet in the Prem and now look at him, same for our Manny.

When he was signed everyone in this blog including me was like, this guy is shite from Sunderland, now he is loved.

Give Kraft some time and I feel he will also get to grips with the speed of the Prem like Manny.

I know time will tell but hopefully Kraft will come good and be the signing of the season.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Sep 17, 2019 at 6:16 AM

Orville posts on the blog

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 17, 2019 at 6:42 AM

You’ve got to love this blog, Almiron who was huge in turning our season around last time and was a huge miss for that game against Lpool on the Saturday night is now classed as not good enough or suited to the PL and Krafth who has looked mediocre at best is going to be the signing of the season judged on Mo Salah’s second wind, just eow.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 17, 2019 at 6:42 AM

Wow.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Sep 17, 2019 at 6:45 AM

Those are all great reasons Munster. And here I was thinking it was because you were an ignorant lumbering foul mouthed abusive numbnut. How wrong could I be?

I dunno about sociology lectures though but if you mean I said something you couldn’t understand and made you feel thick(er) that might explain it. Perhaps instead of getting all fired up about stuff like that you should progress from the pop-up books and scratch n sniffs to stuff without pictures.

😀

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 17, 2019 at 6:48 AM

It has also been suggested that Almiron has been sussed by opposition managers and players and that’s why he looks out of sorts, if that was the case then Madison wouldn’t be turning it on again this season and PEA’s goals would have dried up. How about another suggestion of a world class manager who specifically sought his skills and targeted him to play in a role designed for him who has left the club being replaced by a manager who has been scouting players suited for the Championship for the last four years because that’s where he has been managing.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Sep 17, 2019 at 6:48 AM

I think there’s a library in Murton. Try it when you’re over there on your twin town exchange.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Sep 17, 2019 at 6:53 AM

Jail

Did you read the article in The Mag about Bruce’s cunning plan?

Worth a look

• Nufc-83

Sep 17, 2019 at 7:00 AM

Ahh I see people are starting to use the Leicester game to sling mud at Bruce for the 7 changes. I don’t know 1 Newcastle fan and most on here who didn’t agree with making mass changes after the spurs performance and with the game we had coming up with Watford. Some people are really clueless.

• hibbit

Sep 17, 2019 at 8:10 AM

From the Mag
    sums the present situation with the club up nicely, bit like the apathy that’s slowly creeping over the blog.

• martoon

Sep 17, 2019 at 8:53 AM

For me the jury is still out on Bruce BUT you can’t use the cup game with Leicester as a stick to beat him with. The game closely followed the Spurs game where some of the players were out on their feet after a massive effort and it would have been foolish to play them so soon afterwards. The team that Bruce did put out got a well deserved draw with Leicester and we only went out on the lottery of penalties. So yes Bruce can be criticised for tactics, team selection etc. but NOT for playing a weakened team in the cup.

• Bills Son Is Back

Sep 17, 2019 at 8:54 AM

See someone on twitter says Krafth might end up “a Dummett type player, nowt special”.

If any one player shows how little so many fans know about football it’s Dummett.

There isn’t one winger in the Prem who has taken him to the cleaners when he plays LB and he has been easily our player of the season so far left of a back three.

His pace is totally underestimated, his reading of attacks and positioning means he makes more crucial interceptions and tackles than any other player and he is as cool as a cucumber in tight situations.

His lack of bombing down the wing is more than made up by being the by far best defender at the club.

Give me Dummett every time over the likes of Santon (awful defender), Debuchy and Jamnatt who were all a disaster waiting to happen defensively and flattered to deceive going forward.