The following five Newcastle United first-team players will see their contract expire this summer. There has been no reported negotiations for new deals for any of the five.
- Karl Darlow – Goalkeeper
- Karl joined Newcastle in a double deal with Jamaal Lascelles from Nottingham Forest in the summer of 2014. He initially went back on loan to Forest. The 28-year-old has made just 60 appearances for the club but has proven to be a dependable back-up.
- Rob Elliot – Goalkeeper
- Thirty-three-year-old Rob Elliot joined Newcastle from Charlton in the summer of 2011. He was Newcastle United’s player of the year in 2015-16 when he came in for an injured Tim Krul. Rob has made 68 appearances for Newcastle.
- Federico Fernandez – Central Defender
- Federico joined last summer from Swansea for around £6m. He has become a very reliable back-up. The 30-year-old has played 26 times for Newcastle.
- Javier Manquillo – Right-back
- At just 25-years-old, Javier is the youngest player on this list. He joined from Atletico Madrid in 2017 for around £4m. Javier has made 48 appearances for Newcastle and can provide cover at left-back.
- Ki Sung-Yueng – Midfielder
- Ki joined last summer as a free-agent when his contract expired with Swansea. The 30-year-old has made just one appearance this season and only 20 overall for Newcastle.
Of Five First-Team Players In Final Year - Which One Should Newcastle Give Extension Too?
- Federico Fernandez (55%, 360 )
- Javier Manquillo (28%, 185 )
- Ki Sung-yueng (9%, 58 )
- Karl Darlow (6%, 42 )
- Rob Elliot (2%, 10 )
Total Voters: 655