web analytics

‘French Connection Loading’ – Are Injured French Duo Close To A Return?

Florian Lejeune has tweeted the following picture of himself and Allan Saint-Maximin as they continue to recover from their injuries.

It was about three weeks ago when Steve Bruce said that both Florian and Andy Carroll would return to training in ‘two to three weeks.” Well, Andy made his return last week, so maybe we can expect to Florian back shortly as well.

There was a report in the Shields Gazette this morning that Allan Saint-Maximin and Matt Ritchie could be available next week at Leicester City.

We also saw that Dwight Gayle was spotted in full training today. This was a bit of a surprise as Steve Bruce indicated Dwight would be completely shut down due to his calf injury just last week.

The injury situation is starting to look a little brighter as these players get closer to making their returns. It’s looking like Bruce may get many of them back around the same time.

Andy Carroll, Dwight Gayle, and DeAndre Yedlin have all returned to training while Matt Ritchie, Allan Saint-Maximin, and Florian Lejeune are getting very close. That leaves Sean Longstaff, who was not pictured in training today; however, his ankle injury is not thought to be a serious one.

• Jib

Sep 19, 2019 at 8:27 PM

I love it when Jail’s LPool supporting chums write his posts for him

• Jib

Sep 19, 2019 at 8:29 PM

• toon22

Sep 19, 2019 at 8:32 PM

JIB

How long do you think it will be before Jabba has to give away all 52k ticket to the match ?

• Genjikai

Sep 19, 2019 at 8:32 PM

I agree jail
    Almiron was the catalyst to our survival last year.
    Let the lad express himself.
    He done 3 liverpool players lovely bit of skill, was looking for help of joe and joe ran the other way.
    Abit more understanding between the two and all will be good.
    I hope both have a good season and can link up well score the goals we need to i guess survive this year.

• toon22

Sep 19, 2019 at 8:33 PM

Hes getting up to a quarter it seems at the moment

• toon22

Sep 19, 2019 at 8:34 PM

To be honest he probably wont have the time to get right up to 100% as he will have the club taken from him by then

😉

• Jib

Sep 19, 2019 at 8:43 PM

toon22
    You (allegedly) like firing off emails
    Send one to MA offering to take the club off his hands

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 19, 2019 at 9:00 PM

Jib,
    Why on earth would a Lpool supporting chum of mine write a post for me, I’ve only got one and having the arrogance that comes with being a true Lpool fan doesn’t give a foot about us.

• Nufc-83

Sep 19, 2019 at 10:11 PM

Also the fact we have played 3 out of the top 6 has not helped any of our players form especially those at the top end of the pitch.

• Belfast

Sep 19, 2019 at 10:27 PM

Jail actually killed the blog for 1 hour 11 minutes. A new record even by his standards.
    Wait till Troy, Kimbo & Tds hear about this!

• NY Mag

Sep 19, 2019 at 11:59 PM

Belfast,

It would appear you have claimed the record back and killed the blog for even longer 🙂

• beermonkey

Sep 20, 2019 at 12:10 AM

ny mag

you could have let it go on longer

• NY Mag

Sep 20, 2019 at 12:12 AM

I could have…..I was actually gonna do it on 1hr 12min just to be pedantic.

• beermonkey

Sep 20, 2019 at 12:18 AM

its quiet on here
    ny mag might just be you in the wee small hours

Sep 20, 2019 at 12:43 AM

I’m sure that was Dwight Gail in the training pictures. Andy looks fit so let’s hope he gets on the bench.

• lochinvar

Sep 20, 2019 at 12:44 AM

Daresay this article on Beardsley was reported earlier but I haven’t trawled back through earlier pieces.
    Clearly industrial language and out of touch, barrack room humour on a bad day. Way of the world.

Could they also ban folk who address groups of women as ” Hi guys’ – that’s so painful to see and hear.
    Must be a media luvvie thing.

Former Newcastle United forward Peter Beardsley has been suspended from all football-related activity for 32 weeks for making racist comments to players.
    Ex-England man Beardsley called one black player “a monkey” while Newcastle’s Under-23s coach and joked about climbing trees, an independent Football Association panel said.
    It added his remarks “were obviously racist and wholly unacceptable”.
    Beardsley said he was “surprised and disappointed” by the panel’s findings.
    He was charged by the Football Association with three counts of using racist language to players in March and had “categorically denied” the claims.
    He left Newcastle after a 14-month club investigation earlier this year.
    The FA panel said in its written reasons: “Even if he did not intend to do so, he plainly did cause offence.”

Sep 20, 2019 at 12:50 AM

It’s sad it’s come to this. An absolute legend of a player. Terrible coach and his conduct with the juniors unacceptable. This was not the first time. The club should have dealt with it before it got out of hand. It was common knowledge for years.

• Birtleymag

Sep 20, 2019 at 12:51 AM

Good Evening all.

Been reading for a long time now but only commented a couple of times.

Working nights for the first time in a long time so thought I’d join in tonight.

• Birtleymag

Sep 20, 2019 at 12:53 AM

With regard to Beardsley, don’t you think it’s a generation thing. Youngsters today are pampered far too much. Beardsley was probably treating them the same way he was treated as a young trainee and perhaps just didn’t realise that kids are so easily offended and the parents fake outrage so easily.

• NY Mag

Sep 20, 2019 at 1:01 AM

Carltoon,

I’m sure you’re right, it’s a bit of a sensitive subject and I don’t really know enough about it.
    The club seemed to want to just sweep it under the carpet.

Sep 20, 2019 at 1:11 AM

NYMag years ago the under 23 coaches were accused of bullying and one of them hit a young player. One got sacked and Beardsley was cleared and kept on. But it is sad he was a fantastic player.

Sep 20, 2019 at 1:17 AM

You can’t even portray anyone in fancy dress now, look how they’re going on in Canada. Will it cost Trudeau ?

• NY Mag

Sep 20, 2019 at 1:23 AM

It’s funny I was just watching a report on the news about Trudeau…..strange old world we live in

Sep 20, 2019 at 1:40 AM

In the 90s I sat in the Gallowgate end with my daughter who about 12 at the time. We were playing Man United, and the young bloke in front stood the whole first half shouting foul racist abuse at Andy Cole. I was the only one to object. Fuming I was trying to get him to sit down, went down to the steward. Who did nothing. But the police were watching on the camera they came at halftime and said they are watching. So when he came back in and started they came and drag him out by his hair. I ended up in the brand new police cell in the ground giving a statement. Apparently his father was a lawyer and he was going to take the police to court. Never a dull moment in my life. mind I was a bit of a hero after it happened.

• lesh

Sep 20, 2019 at 1:41 AM

Geordietom

I’m surprised to hear you spout the language of the Telegraph, Daily Mail and the Wetherspoon’s Bugle (aka give them cheap drink, spend hours reading Martin’s pro-Brexit opinion). You’re parroting the very words they feed you – sheep-like, following the flock guided by a shepherd.

Seems as though you’re showing your colours as a member of BettysBollocks’ Boris Brigade. .

Sep 20, 2019 at 1:46 AM

Lesh is Geordie Tom on the Nightshift.? I used to love politics. Robin Day on question time my favourite program. Now I’ve given up. Will always vote Labour though I’ve got no faith in any of them now.

Sep 20, 2019 at 1:50 AM

Anyway no politics!!! I want to look forward to the game but my enthusiasm is starting to go.

Sep 20, 2019 at 1:57 AM

Oh! I see Klopp refusing to speak with the Sun reporter, saying I don’t answer questions from Sun reporters.

• The Wife

Sep 20, 2019 at 2:01 AM

carltoon

You told us once you didn’t have an exciting life, but the more stories you tell, the less I believe it! 😉

• NY Mag

Sep 20, 2019 at 2:02 AM

Aye, Carltoon’s a bit of a dark horse…….gangsters moll and political activist 😀

Sep 20, 2019 at 2:07 AM

Eh! I know. It’s just when I look back some of the things I can’t believe.

• NY Mag

Sep 20, 2019 at 2:10 AM

Do I remember correctly that it was your birthday celebrations at that pub you go to tonight?
    (The guitar place)

Sep 20, 2019 at 2:12 AM

The only away match abroad I went to was a disaster, it was Heranvean. In Holla

Sep 20, 2019 at 2:20 AM

In Holland it was short notice and I went with my brother and his friends. We stayed in Amsterdam having a drink in the bar a man came over and said he wanted to buy me. I was furious when my brother agreed a tenner. everyone thought it was hilarious. Then when we got to the airport they had mistakenly sold my seat. They had to auction a seat and gave this very drunk toon fan £200 and an hotel room for the night and a flight the next day. I could have taken that offer, but my Husband didn’t know where I was he thought I would be back that same night. I wasn’t allowed to go to an away match again.

Sep 20, 2019 at 2:21 AM

The game it’s self was ok we won Alan Shearer scored.

• NY Mag

Sep 20, 2019 at 2:23 AM

Now that is a funny story 🙂

Sep 20, 2019 at 2:23 AM

Well it was guitar night, but my birthday s next week. So I’m out again. Got a bit mixed up with dates. Good job you didn’t fly over for the party.

• NY Mag

Sep 20, 2019 at 2:27 AM

Good job indeed….. 🙂

Sep 20, 2019 at 2:37 AM

Birtleymag definitely a generation thing. But we’ve all got to learn it won’t be tolerated. With Beardsley the club should have finished on his coaching record they recon he was hopeless. Plus I think he was well in with Ashley.

Sep 20, 2019 at 2:44 AM

Goodnight NYmag The Wife , Birtleymag. Anyone else reading.