web analytics

Brighton At Newcastle – Pre-Match Predictions And Latest On Injuries

This is our predicted line-up for this afternoon’s match against Brighton. It is the same that Bruce sent out for Liverpool last week. We see Jonjo Shelvey keeping his place for the injured Sean Longstaff. It’s also most likely too soon for some of the returning players to get into the starting eleven.

The injuries have been clearing up some for Steve Bruce over the past couple of weeks. In yesterday’s pre-match press conference, Bruce declared that Andy Carroll and Allan Saint-Maximin were in contention for a place in the squad. However, there is a report this morning in Football Insider that says Carroll may miss out today.

Newcastle Injuries

Dwight Gayle – calf, Matt Ritchie – ankle, Sean Longstaff – ankle, DeAndre Yedlin – groin, Florian Lejeune – knee

Brighton Injuries

Ezequiel Schelotto – knee, Leandro Trossard – groin, Jose Izquierdo – knee

The prediction poll for this match has our readers expecting all three points against 16th place Brighton. Of the 1,532 total votes, 73% are predicting a Newcastle victory. Just 11% think we’ll get nothing from the match. Even if it is still only September, this one is a crucial one so let’s hope the lads get a resounding victory at St James Park.

How Will Newcastle Do Against Brighton On Saturday?

• Win (73%, 1,126 )
  • Draw (16%, 238 )
  • Loss (11%, 168 )

Total Voters: 1,532

Loading ... Loading ...

• IrishRob

Sep 21, 2019 at 10:35 AM

Finally!! Neil woke up! Lol

• TheJimBelow

Sep 21, 2019 at 10:41 AM

Great article Neil love the detail and pitch graphic, for some reason I always prefer the visual of the formation.

NZ vs SA almost here, really looking forward to this!!
    Love the Haka too haha

Then a spot of lunch with the Mrs then our afternoon kickoff. Then Ireland tomorrow morning 🙂

Hello weekend off thank goodness.

Safe weekend everyone! 🙂

• Trent1211

Sep 21, 2019 at 10:45 AM

Just read a bit of last night’s shenanigans. NUFC83 asking for proof of any asset stripping. Easy. Strawberry Place now in a holding company with one director. The slug’s son in law. He personally trousers 25% of any property deal. Profit that would have been Newcastle United’s. Indisputable. Don’t start with the “not worth that much” or ” what would you use the land for?” garbage. It’s theft from within and I bet it’s the tip of the iceberg. Proof: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/business/2019/sep/14/meet-the-man-behind-sports-directs-upmarket-rebrand

• Rotonda heights

Sep 21, 2019 at 10:54 AM

Bit stomach turning these continuous Munster style digs at Rafa by Bruce. I would suggest we have much bigger problems and a greater struggle now under the 2nd worst manager in PL history.

• Trent1211

Sep 21, 2019 at 10:55 AM

Waits patiently for Jib/Jane/Posada/NUFC83 to diminish or dismiss Strawberry Place issue and/or praise Ashley as a businessman despite being a rotting, stinking, wretched, malign, abscess at the heart of what was and what could be again, a great club.

• cleveleysbob

Sep 21, 2019 at 11:04 AM

Hello everyone, not been on for a while, kept reading though.

A couple of messages,

To Neil and The Wife, love the idea of a meet up next time you come over, would love to put some faces to names that I consider old friends. PS my Wife wants to come along as well.

To Oldgit, saw your recommendation of the “Shagorika” Indian in Seaburn earlier in the week, the Mrs and I tried it last night and it was fab, lovely clean place and super food with efficient service, all you can wish for for a wee night out. Plus, living in Shields it’s easy for us to get to, 10min drive. Many thanks.

To everyone, I’ve still got my “never let Ashley get a penny of my money” crusade going, all his brands, shops and unfortunately NUFC are still off limits until the b*****d gets the hell out of our club. Hate not going to games, but there it is, I will not let him access any of my money, ever!

Hoping for all 3 points today, I suppose like most of us I have my “hope” list of results, then my “expected” list, then I compare these occasionally with how we are actually doing and at the moment we are more or less up to my expectation level (although the game by game results don’t compare) as you would imagine we are a few points behind my “hope” levels 🙂

HWTL

• IrishRob

Sep 21, 2019 at 11:10 AM

Trent, it’s not worth that much mate.

• Trent1211

Sep 21, 2019 at 11:16 AM

Haha! IR don’t push me!

• Ron Knee

Sep 21, 2019 at 11:40 AM

Ayoze gets a start today.

• Munster Mag

Sep 21, 2019 at 12:56 PM

Rotunda, I only had a quick peep but all SB seemed to say was that we’ve struggled to score goals. Seems fair enough.