web analytics

Carlisle Manager Reveals What Shola Ameobi Told Him About Sorensen’s Performance

Carlisle manager Steven Pressley spoke after their EFL Trophy loss at Wolves U-21s.

Elias started just his second match since joining Carlisle. He was given a full run-out for the first time and apparently worked his socks off.

This is what Pressley said about Sorensen’s performance last evening:

“I was really pleased with the improvements in some of our players.

“I just spoke with Shola Ameobi regarding Elias. He has just called me, and that’s the hardest he’s ever seen him work.

“He worked tirelessly tonight and that’s real improvement in the kid since he’s come in here. I’ve had a couple of good conversations with him.

“I’ve spoken to him about a number of things. For me, his response has been excellent. So that was really encouraging.”

We are encouraged that Elias has put in a performance and increased his work rate. It looks like that may have been an issue for the 20-year-old.

It’s also encouraging that Shola Ameobi, who is tasked with monitoring youngsters on-loan, is keeping track of Elias’s progress. From what the Carlisle manager has said, it appears both of them were happy with Sorensen last night.

• MagpieRanger

Sep 25, 2019 at 9:53 AM

It’s only gonna get worse boys

• martoon

Sep 25, 2019 at 10:20 AM

To continue from last blog. I’m not saying I’m happy with Bruce or that I believe he’s the best we could have got. You can speculate as much as you like about what was said and what was promised but it is not going to change the here and now. The fact is Bruce is the manager – I don’t think he’s a great manager but, say, an adequate one but I don’t hold it against him for being an ex makem manager – he is a professional with a job to do. I also don’t blame him for taking the job – manager of your hometown club, who could refuse – I would have taken the job even though I’d be cr*p at it 😀
    The fact is he is the manager of nufc, the club I support, and I’m hoping he proves us all wrong and does well!

• Rotonda heights

Sep 25, 2019 at 10:29 AM

One of the best posts I’ve see on here
    – – – – – – –
    Saying we have to get behind Bruce us like saying we have to buy a replacement engine for our failed mot car. Nope. What we need is something fit for purpose which will get us from a to b reliably. We had that. Ashley traded it in for something far worse so really he should be told it’s not good enough to just bumble along falling to pieces while we watch. If Ashley wants us to get behind a manager he should get us one. A proper one. One that works would be good.
    – – – – – – – – –

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 25, 2019 at 10:29 AM

OP,
    Carver honestly believes that he saved us from relegation so don’t be surprised.

• Genjikai

Sep 25, 2019 at 10:31 AM

Martoon
    I think bruce should stop biting at the games people are playing with him.
    He should just focus on the job, he doesnt need to get involved. Just say i get the situation, ill make sure the team is the best it will be. Ill stand aside and concentrate on the team while the fans and ashley fight it out but ill make sure the team is the best it will be.
    In my mind this year on field antics is 2nd fiddle to the primary goal of getting ashley out of our club.
    Theres no need to sugar coat it for ashley.
    Its out there. We are coming for him .
    This is just the start of the pressure.
    It isnt blowing over, and as magpie ranger says its only going to get worse.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 25, 2019 at 10:32 AM

martoon,
    Would you also get behind a management team of Niall Quinn, Kevin Phillips and Lee Cattermole after they joined and made a statement saying what a nice honest chap Mike Ashley is?

• posada

Sep 25, 2019 at 10:38 AM

Genjikai
    Sep 24, 2019 at 11:27 PM
    I hope maxi is fit, he was class when he came on.
    Hope he can deliver.
    We need him to.
    ************************************************
    Why do you hope he can deliver.
    You want empty seats.
    An exciting player who can deliver will put bums on seats.

• hibbit

Sep 25, 2019 at 10:39 AM

martoon
    as always the diplomat, and more often than not the voices of reason , but this guy wont be proving anyone wrong sadly he’s just not up to the job and should be no were near it, we’re only heading one way with this guy in charge and that’s down.

• martoon

Sep 25, 2019 at 10:49 AM

Genjikai @5 – Fair point – I agree.
    Jail @6 – I’m not going to answer a ridiculous hyperbole!