web analytics

Report – Newcastle Tracking Sixteen-Year-Old English Right-Back

Luke Matheson is a 16-year-old right-back who plays for Rochdale in League One. Matheson broke into the Rochdale first-team last season and became the club’s youngest player at 15 years and 336 days. He ended the season making 7 total appearances.

This season he has 6 appearances with 3 of those being starts in the League. Last night, Matheson scored the leveler against Manchester United in the Carabao Cup for his first goal.

The Chronicle have a report that Newcastle have been tracking the youngster since last season when he made his debut for Rochdale.

Newcastle have reportedly been looking to add talented youngsters to the academy. Apparently, Matheson is one of the players they have been tracking. His profile has gotten a little more prominent after last night’s goal at Old Trafford.

• lochinvar

Sep 26, 2019 at 10:03 PM

If Tony Pulis or Fat Sam or Harry Rednapper turned up I’d be out of here.
    I sit opposite the bench so couldn’t face them all match long.
    Maybe I should come over to the dark side then I wouldn’t see them

• MagpieRanger

Sep 26, 2019 at 10:07 PM

Steve Bruce has to be in that category too then?

• Scythe For Bruce

Sep 26, 2019 at 10:22 PM

Jail – any tips after doing your Fantasy Football updates? My lad is currently top of the league and I need help to beat the little sod!

• Jib

Sep 26, 2019 at 10:23 PM

MagpieRanger
    I’m amazed Ashley/Charnley even had the nerve to ask him!
    I’d rather SA than Steve Bruce any day of the week.

I don’t think it happened – just some of Fat Sam’s bullshit

• Jib

Sep 26, 2019 at 10:29 PM

• Genjikai

Sep 26, 2019 at 10:38 PM

Toon22
    Peter kenyon recycled .
    Guess they cant even come up with a new sale lie.
    Never mind.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 26, 2019 at 10:39 PM

Scythe,
    I can only say read Fantasy scout, watch MoTD and read all the match reports. A lot of luck is needed as well but there’s no making up for me thinking that West Ham vs City on the opening day might be tight when I’ve now learned that Man City have won against the Hammers +4 twice in a row and Sheff Utd haven’t lost away since February so captaining Callum Wilson instead of Sterling is the worst schoolboy error I’ve done and cost me a massive 15 points. I say luck as well as Everton had the so called easiest run of fixtures and were tipped for the best defence, they’ve been absolutely shite, if you’re on twitter get in touch with me or martoon to get the code to our little mini league, you’ll have a much better chance of winning.

• Scythe For Bruce

Sep 26, 2019 at 10:43 PM

I’ll try and find you and martoon on Twitter, although it’ll be under my old name ChancelMyMbembaship…

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 26, 2019 at 10:44 PM

It was obvious it would come to this, if true, Kenyon taking over would possibly bring back the crowds and inject a bit of life, it would be at least until January when people started realising the club merchandise still had Shirebrook on the receipts and there wasn’t a fans forum. Foot off out of our club forever will you!!!

• Reilly

Sep 26, 2019 at 10:44 PM

🙄

• Trent1211

Sep 26, 2019 at 10:44 PM

This bid and the detail has substance and credibility. It’s also realistic. Ashley to respond within 10 days. We’ll know quickly. I have friends in journalism who are normally hugely sceptical but are making optimistic noises.

• Genjikai

Sep 26, 2019 at 10:45 PM

I think if kenyon does strike up a deal, i think the merch, top sales and advertising will stay with ashley.
    Ashleyclaus will get his way and we will be stuck in one of his standard practice clauses.

• Jib

Sep 26, 2019 at 10:46 PM

Trent1211
    I have friends in journalism

Of course you do

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 26, 2019 at 10:51 PM

Genjikai,
    100% if Kenyon takes over it will be an Ashley sponsored deal hoping that we’re all so glad he’s gone we’ll rush out and buy tickets and shirts.

• Belfast

Sep 26, 2019 at 10:52 PM

Well you’ll all be delighted to know my good mate washes the dishes in a well know Florida restaurant. So he’s basically got the inside track on this deal. I will be providing daily updates on this takeover from here on in.

Goodnight.

• Trent1211

Sep 26, 2019 at 10:56 PM

Loser Jib having the temerity to call somebody else a liar. Like the Attorney General calling others a disgrace.

• Trent1211

Sep 26, 2019 at 10:59 PM

You should try living a life Jib instead of haunting this blog 24/7 under cover of your extensive collection of pseudonyms.

• Nufc-83

Sep 26, 2019 at 11:11 PM

I said yesterday I wouldn’t get taken in so easily about any future takeover bids but I’ve scrapped that after reading the reports. I am extremely excited by this please god let it be true!!!!

• Nufc-83

Sep 26, 2019 at 11:14 PM

Not sure why there talking about Bruce’s success in Europe though what the hell are they on!

• Trent1211

Sep 26, 2019 at 11:15 PM

NUFC83 I wonder if the brochure is from last year and it previously referred to Rafa? Would add up.

• Nufc-83

Sep 26, 2019 at 11:19 PM

Ahhhhh don’t Trent!!!!

• Nufc-83

Sep 26, 2019 at 11:19 PM

Sounds more bloody like it!!!

• Trent1211

Sep 26, 2019 at 11:21 PM

Confirmed that’s what’s happened.

• simon376

Sep 26, 2019 at 11:27 PM

If it’s true, let’s hope it just triggers the muddle east guys to come back with a bigger can’t turn down deal meaning it’s more likely to not just get rid of Ashley but also all his add ons

• RobLeenio

Sep 26, 2019 at 11:32 PM

No surprise to me that Kenyon is still on the scene. It also wouldn’t surprise me at all to know that both BZG and Amanda Staveley still retain an interest in buying the club, if the conditions are right.

Sadly, we can have all the willing buyers we want, the obstacle they’ve all failed to overcome is Ashley andhis shifting goalposts.

It takes two to tango, and so far Ashley’s failed to slip on his spangly shoes. When that changes, we’ll have a new owner but it has to be on Ashley’s terms.

• Nufc-83

Sep 26, 2019 at 11:33 PM

Trent how have you had it confirmed? Local journo’s still reporting the supposed takeover??

• BlacknWhiteBarmy

Sep 26, 2019 at 11:38 PM

NUFC 83 – don’t you know about Spud Heeds successes in Europe?

He once found 2 Ten Euro notes on a bus

He also navigated – without google – from Dover to Calais (admittedly he was on Eurostar)

This mans achievements cannot be taken lightly!

as for the fakeover – Y A W N

• Trent1211

Sep 26, 2019 at 11:39 PM

Switching of names. Can’t be anything else really though.

• RobLeenio

Sep 26, 2019 at 11:39 PM

Just to speculate for a minute, if Kenyon was to take over, he knows Mourinho very well and has been criticising Man U for letting him go today. This is what he said:

“If you put me in charge of a great club and you needed to appoint a manager, my first thought would be José Mourinho. He’s intelligent, he’s relevant and has vast experience. He isn’t outdated. I just think he needs the right club. I’m sure that you’ll see Mourinho be a part of a great club again.

“The key is give him the adequate structure and organisation to make sure he’s a part of everything. I was the first to express my disappointment when he left United because I think he could have been a part of that great leadership structure. No one better than him know what United represents. José is far from being an irrelevant and outdated manager.”

• beefman13

Sep 26, 2019 at 11:59 PM

Kenyon n Mourinho?!?!
    Combustion time.
    I feel like Malcolm Mcdowell in A Clockwork Orange, when he gets violently sick at certain images and circumstances.
    Just how I felt tonight with this newest craic.

• NY Mag

Sep 27, 2019 at 12:03 AM

Rob,

I thought you weren’t gonna get carried away mate 🙂

• RobLeenio

Sep 27, 2019 at 12:06 AM

Lol NY Mag, that’s not getting carried away, that’s just allowing myself to dream of a brighter tomorrow.

I’ll not be counting any chickens just yet fella.

• NY Mag

Sep 27, 2019 at 12:12 AM

Rob,

Fair comment, I’ve always said that I’ll be happy to dream about new ownership…its the one thing that Ashley can’t take from us.

Anyway, just to be be serious
    Kenyon obviously doesn’t have the money to buy us personally, which means he needs backers and those backers must want something in return (what that is I don’t know). But, let’s say this is legit, those backers would have to show themselves, or it would never get past the EPL “tests”

On the plus side, Kenyon is the only one (of many) that has not said a dickie bird to the press regarding any intentions 🙂

• Genjikai

Sep 27, 2019 at 12:19 AM

Rob
    staveley bid is still on the table (ruben brothers)
    Magpie ranger, is this still within the 2 to 3 week time slot?

• RobLeenio

Sep 27, 2019 at 12:22 AM

True, that – on all counts. Obviously a concern on what any investment vehicle would hope to get out of a deal long term. I would like to think they’d be in it for a short-to-medium term investment, put in maybe £400M, look to sell 5-10 years later for £450-£500M, 3-5% return per year is a good investment.

I doubt that they’d be looking to cream money out from the operating budget, which would be small potatoes comparatively. Sensible development of a stagnating brand to increase the brand value and sell it on would (I hope) be the intention.

Anyway, all ifs, buts and maybes at this point. Kenyon has been relatively quiet, other than that weird release of that letter last Christmas time. Certainly no What’s App conversations or public meetings at a curry house.

• RobLeenio

Sep 27, 2019 at 12:24 AM

Genjikai, I thought the Ruben Brothers had distanced themselves from that? May be wrong.

• Genjikai

Sep 27, 2019 at 12:26 AM

That is from the a board member from the nust mate.

• ilovetoon8788

Sep 27, 2019 at 12:28 AM

Takeover shi* again? Feel sorry for those who fall for this thrash again. January must be nearing.

And Bruce with unparalleled success in Europe. Shows how fake this is. Hahahahah

• Genjikai

Sep 27, 2019 at 12:30 AM

It is always the same when the pressure is high from the fans on ashley.
    Im not getting taken in, not even concerned.
    Keep up the fight against ashley.
    This is for the future of our Toon.