web analytics

Report – Newcastle Tracking Sixteen-Year-Old English Right-Back

Luke Matheson is a 16-year-old right-back who plays for Rochdale in League One. Matheson broke into the Rochdale first-team last season and became the club’s youngest player at 15 years and 336 days. He ended the season making 7 total appearances.

This season he has 6 appearances with 3 of those being starts in the League. Last night, Matheson scored the leveler against Manchester United in the Carabao Cup for his first goal.

The Chronicle have a report that Newcastle have been tracking the youngster since last season when he made his debut for Rochdale.

Newcastle have reportedly been looking to add talented youngsters to the academy. Apparently, Matheson is one of the players they have been tracking. His profile has gotten a little more prominent after last night’s goal at Old Trafford.

• ilovetoon8788

Sep 27, 2019 at 12:39 AM

Brochure has picture of perez and rondon.
    Probably wrote the brochure when rafa was in charge with u ‘unparalleled success in Europe’ but didn’t update when useless Bruce took over.

Stinks of fake and desperation of Ashley PR coinciding with lowest ever attendance and January is close.

Sep 27, 2019 at 12:41 AM

Genji,

I don’t think anyone’s taken in by it…..just discussing the headlines of the day (which you first posted)

• Genjikai

Sep 27, 2019 at 12:44 AM

Ny mag
    Never said anyone was.

Sep 27, 2019 at 12:45 AM

Genji,

Then we’re all cool, my bad 🙂

• Genjikai

Sep 27, 2019 at 12:46 AM

Ill rephrase the first line
    When the pressure is high on ashley from the fans it is always the same, a sale lie comes out.

If this one is true i would say ashley got his money and his clauses which is what he wants.
    He wants to have a hold on the toon for ever.

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:11 AM

Please say this is true! But if they are still touting for investment, they can’t be very wealthy can they?

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:13 AM

Carltoon,

Press talk…..take it with a huge pinch of salt until something tangible materializes.

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:14 AM

Still, it’s a note of positivity…whether it’s maufactured or not 🙂

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:15 AM

Happy birthday….BTW 🙂

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:15 AM

NYmag ya missed me party, no one turned up. Still enjoyed it though.

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:17 AM

Glad to hear you enjoyed it…..would of turned up, but I had to be in Texas this week 🙂

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:17 AM

New owners would be quite a present for me, I’ll take that.

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:19 AM

New owners would be quite a present for lots of people……we live in hope 🙂

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:20 AM

Ah that’s ok then.

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:22 AM

Genjikai re Shelvey injured, oh well that may be why he struggled Saturday’s match.

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:25 AM

But would Ashley even consider 300 million? Think like Genjikai he will want to keep his hands on Merchandise.

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:30 AM

Carltoon,

He may want (and try) to keep his hands on many things, but any new owners (if there are to be any) are free to to negotiate any new deals they want (subject to any clauses that might exist).

Ashleyclause, as ive heard it called before 🙂

• Bambams

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:34 AM

Dont know if I can go through all this again, felt totally empty when the takeover stalled.

Haven’t got my mojo back even now.

I am over in Florida now, I will ask the fella who stands outside Walmart in the morning if he has heard anything. 😉

Mind you our club is very well known over here, I had my Toon top on for the recent Orlando v LA (Sept 7th) match and loads of Orlando fans recognised ‘The Toon Army’….
    I kid you not

• The Wife

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:35 AM

Happy birthday, carltoon!

I’ve had a glass of pinot noir tonight in your honor. So no telling what I’ll be typing on the blog tonight. 😀

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:39 AM

Bambams,

You don’t have to mate…just let it ride
    The papers will print whatever they want, they (nor no one else have a clue what is actually happening).

If / when something happens, we’ll all be taken by surprise.

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:40 AM

Go, the wife…..crazy Thursday 🙂

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:41 AM

The Wife. Thank you. Yes I have to watch what I post on here on a Thursday night. Only had 2 drinks so I’m fine.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:44 AM

Happy birthday Carltoon, bet you still look like you’re a bonny wee lassie.

The missus and I were told that we looked cool by a young guy in a charity shop today, we possibly did but age is in the eye of the person, I hope you still feel like a youngun, i have no intention of getting old until I have too, hopefully you are of the same mind!!

• Bambams

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:47 AM

NY Mag

Evening fella,

I am certainly not going to get my hopes up this time, like you say if it happens we will all be happy.

……..My hope is up 🙂

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:47 AM

Bill,

It’s good to have a cool guy like you back 🙂

• Bambams

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:48 AM

Happy Birthday Carltoon

Hope you have had a great day

• The Wife

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:48 AM

NY Mag

At my office, we call it “Thirsty Thursday” and some of us pop over to the bar (pub) for a drink and catch up on the office gossip. I don’t go every week, but I did tonight.

Soo..buyout rumors again? After the BZG mess this summer, hmph. I’ll believe it when I see it.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:49 AM

Was following the day shift and boy was it boring, same old . same old, insult and counter insult, no real substance to any of the comments.

The night shift by comparison still seem to have some brain cells and cogent arguments.

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:49 AM

Bambams,

I’ve always said…..hope is what no one can ever take from us.

Enjoy your holidays mate 😀

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:49 AM

When the Toon fan confronted Ashley, it looked to me as though he put his hands up in I’m going to sell this club gesture. I’m not getting carried away, yet.

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:50 AM

EGB yes but the two women have been drinking tonight, so beware.

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:53 AM

Thank you Bambams. Have a couple drinks on me. Were you actually at the Orlando match, what was it like? Have a great holiday.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:54 AM

Carltoon

Don’t get why people seem so keen to write Shelvey off, he a class footballer and if he has been playing with an injury then he should be getting some credit for trying rather than being consigned to the knackers yard for past it footballers.

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:54 AM

The wife,

Yes, I think thirsty Thursday is better……mine was from a yonder time (I’m sure I’ll share the story at some point, but not tonight)

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:56 AM

Never laughed so much at Nicky’s post last night. The ones with the formations in stars. He’s such a lovely man.

Sep 27, 2019 at 2:00 AM

Bill,

I’m kinda surprised about Shelvey also, it wasn’t that long ago that this blog was in meltdown because Shelvey was injured and we were ‘doomed’ without him….couple a bad games and he’s not worthy to pull on the shirt again.

He’s a quality player, without a doubt – now whether he’s currently out of shape or out form, I don’t know. But he’s certainly better than he’s produced the last couple of games.

• The Wife

Sep 27, 2019 at 2:00 AM

I don’t get half of what Nicky says (I’m like SB – I don’t do tactics) but I wish someone at Newcastle would hire him asap. 😀

• Essex Geordie Bill

Sep 27, 2019 at 2:00 AM

Carltoon

Well if the the two slightly inebriated women are anything like my missus after a glass or two then there will be some interesting banter, I’d love you to meet up with my lass, no fella would be able to get a word in with the craic. 🙂

• Bambams

Sep 27, 2019 at 2:01 AM

Carltoon

Yes mate I was there, we have been twice previously to watch them (2009 or 2010 when we watched Newcastle pre season play against Orlando – got beat and we came over again two years ago and took in a match for my nephews stag do)

We do Florida every couple of years, but my four daughters are now getting older, only two came this time so maybe we will just go away the two of us.

I am currently enjoying a cold bottle of Bud with Bambams bloody sore feet in the Villa pool….Those parks take it out of you.

Fly back home tomorrow though but it’s been another great holiday, took in Key West which is an amazing drive from Orlando.

Cheers All !

Sep 27, 2019 at 2:03 AM

EGB. No one played well the last match. I’ve always rated Shelvey, bit when the team don’t play well he always gets the blame. There’s a clip doing the rounds on twitter of last season’s game at Leicester. It’s when they are passing the ball and absolutely destroying the Leicester players. It’s the best passage of play I’ve seen for ages. Shelvey part of it.