web analytics

Report – Newcastle Tracking Sixteen-Year-Old English Right-Back

Luke Matheson is a 16-year-old right-back who plays for Rochdale in League One. Matheson broke into the Rochdale first-team last season and became the club’s youngest player at 15 years and 336 days. He ended the season making 7 total appearances.

This season he has 6 appearances with 3 of those being starts in the League. Last night, Matheson scored the leveler against Manchester United in the Carabao Cup for his first goal.

The Chronicle have a report that Newcastle have been tracking the youngster since last season when he made his debut for Rochdale.

Newcastle have reportedly been looking to add talented youngsters to the academy. Apparently, Matheson is one of the players they have been tracking. His profile has gotten a little more prominent after last night’s goal at Old Trafford.

• NY Mag

Sep 27, 2019 at 2:04 AM

Carltoon,

Nicky is an absolute star…..the blog could be imploding (and it has) and Nicky would still give his honest verdict on the starting ( and preferred) formation 🙂

Sep 27, 2019 at 2:04 AM

The Wife

Aah, Nicky is our footballing Guru, the Sensai of the blog, we get sense and proper football comments instead of accusations of being some sort of MA PR nonsense!

• Bambams

Sep 27, 2019 at 2:06 AM

Right I am off to watch the replay of the Rugby, I have done a ‘ likely lads ‘ and dont know the score…..

Get all the prem football live over here but been a nightmare trying to get to see the Rugby.

Laters 🙂

• NY Mag

Sep 27, 2019 at 2:07 AM

Cheers Bambams…..enjoy mate 🙂

• carltoon

Sep 27, 2019 at 2:12 AM

Goodnight Bambams enjoy the rugby. Do you want to know who wins?

Sep 27, 2019 at 2:14 AM

Just thought i’d repeat this for the benefit of the night shift, i think the irony of it probably just sailed over the heads of the day shift.

toon22

I owe you an apology, I inadvertently only copied only part of one of your comments yesterday where you seemed to be admitting to be a fervent supporter of the nice Mr Ashlie and I asked if you were the real mole on the blog.

It just highlights I suppose the way people can be wrongly labelled when comments are cherry picked.

I hope you weren’t too offended by my error.

As to you being an Ashlie mole I can only surmise as to whether this is true or not, It’s not for me (or anyone else) to make a judgement of an unproven allegation of that nature about a fellow blogger!

Once again my humblest apologies!

Sep 27, 2019 at 2:15 AM

Carltoon, wasn’t the USA was it, 🙂

• carltoon

Sep 27, 2019 at 2:19 AM

EGB I honestly don’t think he reads the other posts. I read the blog every day, but can’t for the life of me understand who they are aimed at. Don’t think there is one poster who likes or wants Ashley at the club. And the supporters who go to the match don’t post now or very rarely.

• NY Mag

Sep 27, 2019 at 2:20 AM

Bill,

I did see your apology earlier, very magnanimous of you.
    I’m not sure whether it matters in the grand scale of things……there’s so much “abuse” on the day shift that it’s proably lost in the noise.

• carltoon

Sep 27, 2019 at 2:20 AM

Bill no I’m not saying. Don’t want to spoil it for him.

Sep 27, 2019 at 2:20 AM

I watched the England v USA match, given the physical challenges, I’d doubt that any soccer team would end up with any many players on the pitch at the end of the match.

• The Wife

Sep 27, 2019 at 2:25 AM

I know little about rugby. But I do know about the New Zealand All Blacks and the haka. Love it.

• carltoon

Sep 27, 2019 at 2:27 AM

Goodnight everyone. Same time tomorrow. Dare I say we might have new owners. No I’m not getting carried away.

Sep 27, 2019 at 2:28 AM

Just wondering how many footballers would get through a rugby match without having the p!ss taken out of them for the way they go down squealing after a tackle, whether it happened or not!

Sep 27, 2019 at 2:33 AM

Carltoon, new owners, I suggest you have another nightcap, there’s got to be some other fantasy you can dream about!!! 🙂

G’d night sleep well, another birthday means you are still with us! 🙂

Sep 27, 2019 at 2:34 AM

The Wife

Wonder if our lads did a Geordie haka before a game?

• NY Mag

Sep 27, 2019 at 2:36 AM

Goodnight Carltoon!!

• NY Mag

Sep 27, 2019 at 2:40 AM

Bill,

That’s an interesting point .
    Players, for the most part don’t go down because they are injured – they go down because they think that they can gain an advantage (and most of the time they get that advantage)

Sep 27, 2019 at 2:46 AM

NY Mag

And VAR never seems to spot the nonsense which does happen!!

• The Wife

Sep 27, 2019 at 2:46 AM

EGB – Haha! Now that would be something to see!

Good night, carltoon!

I’m off to bed as well, I think. Wine makes me sleepy! See you all tomorrow. 🙂

Sep 27, 2019 at 3:00 AM

NY Mag

I on the other hand am on Jack Daniels and still on a high, anyone else still awake?

G’d Night mate, I’ll wager that good old Mickey is still in charge when you get up in the morning! 🙁

Sep 27, 2019 at 3:03 AM

Oops, got confused with NY Mag and the Wife, thought it was NY mag going to bed, JD you can be a means of confusion. 🙂

Sep 27, 2019 at 3:08 AM

Can we win on Sunday, I think we can and will, the last debacle will be something the players will be wanting to put right and we’ll see a more determined effort from our lads.

Lack of effort will not be a factor in the game!

Sep 27, 2019 at 3:32 AM

And as I have killed the blog, G’d Night all!

I look forward to the wisdom of the wisdom of the day shift, I’m sure it will be highly illuminating!

Sep 27, 2019 at 3:34 AM

I’ve had a few drinks so please do make sense of my last comment as there appears to a wizdom too many! 🙂

• Bambams

Sep 27, 2019 at 3:41 AM

Great first half, could of been a higher score.

USA have no answer to the driving maul.

Great listening to the American commentators, absolutely no disrespect intended, just bizarre terms they use when describing a play/move.

• Genjikai

Sep 27, 2019 at 4:14 AM

Tsunki
    This email reply must be like a book. Its taken 2 days already for a reply. I must admit this playing hard to get has me even more determined.

• DubaiMicky

Sep 27, 2019 at 5:27 AM

Re Kenyon:-

“GACP Sports plans to support the current manager, Steve Bruce, who has had unparalleled success in Europe.”

It would appear it was produced before Rafa left and Brucie was added afterwards. very amateur, I don’t believe a word of it, been there, done that, the team struggle, let’s bring a takeover up to get the crowds back, don’t be surprised if you see Kenyon at a game soon.

• MAUTITOON

Sep 27, 2019 at 5:32 AM

leicester 1- NEWCASTLE UNITED 2.
    Howay the lads.

• MagpieRanger

Sep 27, 2019 at 5:33 AM

In my opinion Ashley is just trying to start a bidding war or reignite interest from a group who has previously bid for us. It seems strange that you’d knock back a £350 million bid from BZG yet consider a £300 million pound bid from Kenyon which is made up of loans. At least one of these groups are bogus.

Like what others say, if Ashley does sell to Kenyon NUFC will be tied down in some advertising/merchandise clause which will keep his greasy paws clutched to us for years and years.

I’ve learned my lesson from the summer and not getting excited, but at this point I’m prepared for just about anyone to come in over Ashley.

• DubaiMicky

Sep 27, 2019 at 6:00 AM

oh MagpieRanger, re your question earlier, BZG haven’t gone away, I do know that, but as for anything imminent, who knows, it’s very, very quiet here.

Looking from the outside (my opinion, no ITK), why wouldn’t Kenyon and BZG get together, that, to me, would make sense. Kenyon would want Jose, Shk Khaled is also an admirer, Kenyon would be MD, Midhat CEO and Shk Khaled as President, (this would help the nomenclature that is so loved of here).

Anyway, we shall see.

• Trent1211

Sep 27, 2019 at 6:04 AM

I have to admit the thing that makes me doubt more than anything about the takeover is the “An opportunity to own one of England’s most recognisable clubs!” on the front of the brochure.

The exclamation mark is really cheap like a tat sale at SD. Almost should be one of those fluorescent stars and scrawled on in thick black marker.

That and the bolding of “opportunity” which reeks of being low rent.

It has a bit of crap PR about it and I’m tempted to say “Hiya KBA!”

The lack of exaggerated claims (apart from Bruce conquering Europe) and a realistic, almost too frugal, financial prospectus lends it some credence.

If it is real they can’t have the slug keeping his grip on commercial revenue as a big part of the selling point to investors is the scope for this to be grown significantly.

I’m cautiously optimistic because I know BZG stuff was considered to be without merit from the outset by same parties now putting this forward so not having their strings pulled.

We could do A LOT worse than having Kenyon running us as next CEO. He’d be like going from Jo Brand to Kate Beckinsdale as your missus as a swap out for Charnley.

• Reilly

Sep 27, 2019 at 6:47 AM

Sources claim Kenyon and new partners GACP Sports have pulled together a total of about £80m from a number of interested parties — and are looking at raising the rest through bank loans.

I would rather stick with the fat tw@t.

• Genjikai

Sep 27, 2019 at 6:50 AM

Magpie ranger.
    2-3 weeks then i can speak.
    How many weeks has it been since then?

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Sep 27, 2019 at 6:51 AM

Didn’t Ashley say any deal would be done behind closed doors, we would only hear after the deal was done.

Did Kenyon say anything about the whereabouts of Lord Lucan.

• Genjikai

Sep 27, 2019 at 6:51 AM

Wasnt kenyon ashleys “prefered” buyer?

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Sep 27, 2019 at 6:55 AM

If Kenyons group buys us with loans how they going to pay off the loans if Ashley keeps all the advertising etc.

I hope no one is buying in to this BS

• Jib

Sep 27, 2019 at 6:57 AM

The red tops were full of the confrontation in London
    This is KBA’s counter move
    I used to think accusations of Kenyon being complicit is Ashley’s
    spin were wide of the mark – I’m not so sure now.

• Genjikai

Sep 27, 2019 at 6:57 AM

Op
    That is the game ashley is playing in sport.
    Its how he “owns” a brand without owning the club.
    Think of rangers hes not botherd how many thousands scots he pisses off, he sells rangers tops all over the world.
    Hell do the same to us.
    Hell own all the merch rights, have a shite percentage towards us on shirt deal and have his advertising.