web analytics

Newcastle Support At Leicester City Has Not Gone Unnoticed

Newcastle fans sang their hearts out this evening in support of the team. It’s just unfortunate that they had to witness in person one of the most unforgivable performances in a long time.

Here is an apology from captain Jamaal Lascelles to all of the Newcastle fans who travelled to the game or watch it on television.

Newcastle fans were on another level this evening at the King Power Stadium. They out sang Leicester fans even when down by 4 and 5 goals. We noticed at home on the television that all you could hear were Newcastle fans in the beginning. The fans kept it up through the entirety of the abysmal match they had to watch.

Here are some tweets for both Newcastle fans and other fans praising the away support today.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 29, 2019 at 9:19 PM

Lilongwe,
    I’ll spare the repost

• Lilongwe Geordie

Sep 29, 2019 at 9:28 PM

Jail,
    I made my own views of Rafa’s tactics. The championship season I did feel we could be more expansive, and controlled play better. However I did qualify that by saying I thought he was doing that to plan for being back in the Prem where we were likely to be under more pressure and have to play that fashion against many opposition away and some home.

I criticised his selections and his persistence with formation last season on occasion. It was a couple of injuries that saw Schaar and Ki come in, a slight change in formation and approach, and then improved results.

There were several occasions where Rafa actually echoed exactly what I had said regarding the performance.

I’d rather we were pragmatic than free and open, I have said this repeatedly and discussed this with many people over the years.

Of course Rafa is a better manager than Bruce, and by far the best we have had since Sir Bobby. I don’t think that was ever in dispute. But he, as every manager – even Sir Alex, Cruyff, Sacchi, Guardiola, Klopp – make errors. As football fans, and for me at the time, someone who spent a lot of time analysing football, then it is normal to critique aspects of the match.

Would I have kept Rafa this summer? Yes. After he left, would I have appointed Bruce, of course not.

The idea that I should be ashamed is frankly laughable!

• Lilongwe Geordie

Sep 29, 2019 at 9:32 PM

Jail,
    I judge the football by what is on the pitch, I would make the same critiques and take the same opinion regardless of who is on the sideline.

I know Rafa was idolised here, and was doing a lot of good at the club, but that shouldn’t prohibit normal discussion on football as we would have had at any point pre Pardew.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Sep 29, 2019 at 9:35 PM

Jail,
    You’ll also find I disagreed with Munster at times on his Rafa posts. Munster made some valid points, and some I wouldn’t agree with. Like most on this blog for me.

• investinyouthtoon

Sep 29, 2019 at 9:35 PM

Total class from the away fans yet again, they deserve so much more, a club that tries and a club that is to be proud of. Sadly the club is going down without even trying, all caused by abject decisions from the man at the top. Like others have already alluded to this takeover is just tripe served up to take the heat off himself. Why would he turn down 350 million all for the sake of 10 million extra, yet be willing to accept less than half of that under this latest Deal?

Unless of course he is a very spiteful person who is willing to sell to his buddy knowing fine well Kenyon couldn’t take us much further whilst keeping his grubby fingers in the NUFC til. To me he has made it personal an attack on the fans, the club and upon the city itself.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 29, 2019 at 9:38 PM

Lilongwe,
    Yes, he is a much better manager than Bruce and I never said you did champion him as a manager, however I do think you backing up Munster after his very first game on Sissoko playing on the left paved the way for Munster to give relentless criticism of the bloke which imo showed up the fact you didn’t like him as a manager and makes me wonder who the foot you’d expect under Mike Ashley.

• Genjikai

Sep 29, 2019 at 9:38 PM

Investing in youth
    This is attack on our club, our city, our region and our people.
    Make a stand.
    contact@magpiegroup.org

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Sep 29, 2019 at 9:40 PM

Today’s fans were magnificent.

If it wasn’t for Ashley SJP would be like that.

The fans own the atmosphere and showed Ashley and the world that today, next time it’s dead at SJP remember those fans today and remember what Ashley has done to your club.

#BoycottAshley #ashleyout

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 29, 2019 at 9:40 PM

Lilongwe,
    When the foot did critique actually become a word?

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 29, 2019 at 9:42 PM

OP,
    IrishRob called them simpleton?

• Lilongwe Geordie

Sep 29, 2019 at 9:43 PM

Investinyouth,
    I don’t think there is anything in the takeover. But, if it is on, with regards to a potential drop in price, then I would expect that £350million probably removed more of Ashleys current merchandise or advertising deals.

The lower price probably allows Ashley to maintain a contract, possibly similar to his Rangers deal, where he gets a more advantageous deal on cuts for merchandise/advertising/storage than the club would be able to negotiate on the open market.

The big problem there is, that goes against the info in the brochure for investors from Kenyon and co. Leaving those contracts isn’t maximising revenues which was key to attract investors.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Sep 29, 2019 at 9:51 PM

Jail,
    No idea when critique became a word. I’m fairly sure it is though.

As for the Sissoko thing, I think Sissoko was definitely more the target of my ire, as I had very little positive to say about him.

I had nothing against Rafa at that time. I didn’t have any affinity to him, other than I, like most/all fans were delighted to get him. I still have nothing against Rafa. I’m grateful for his efforts here, and would have liked him to renew.

I think he could have stayed in Europe, but I know people have worked/are working in football over in China, and the opportunities and legacies to be built are huge, so I do understand that.

Most end up leaving due to the way of life, but Rafa will have far better quality of life.

However, your main issue with me seems to be I allowed others to criticise him because of my comments and analysis. I’d hardly say that is grounds for me to be ashamed or to be having a pop, like your first post, because I also criticised Bruce.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Sep 29, 2019 at 9:55 PM

Jail,
    Critique comes from Ancient Greek, so presume it has been around a while!

• Assassins Inc

Sep 29, 2019 at 9:58 PM

Our fans, Leicester city fans gave them all the credit, sang like they were winning, sang like it was against Barcelona when Tino got his hat-rick or 0-5 down at Leicester or 5-0 against Man U.

You see Mr. motherfcukingshiteeatingdipshitingballsuckingcowfcukingahole Ashley, you see, the club is not about you, it’s about the fans.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 29, 2019 at 10:02 PM

Lilongwe,
    Anyway, no hard feelings it’s obviously been a shit day, I’m sure we’ll meet up in London one day.

• onmeedsun

Sep 29, 2019 at 10:03 PM

Our strength is our fans and the location of our ground in our fine city. That’s pretty much it. The fact the away fans continue to back the team blindly is remarkable given how little attacking intent we show in all games. I look at teams like Bournmouth who always look to attack. They get done by a few every now and then but they are fun to watch and win their fair share of matches. This is all our fans ask for. Watching a match should be an uplifting experience. Our ancestors knew how important this was when you spent all day doing hard graft. It’s why our fans are like they are. They crave excitement. Keegan and Bobby knew this, hence we played football that got the fans going. The fans then can make a real difference by creating the right atmosphere to play attacking football. Ashley is scared of success as the pressure to compete even higher would be too great for his walet. Hence no investment in 2012 when we came 5th. Any other large club would have thrown a £50m dice and kicked on. Not fat Mike.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Sep 29, 2019 at 10:05 PM

Jail,
    No hard feelings at all mate. I think the first post was part reaction and frustration from you, which I completely get, and possibly something that has annoyed you about my Rafa comments bubbling over.

Anyway, no issues. Happy to discuss any of it at any point. You going to Chelsea or West Ham?

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 29, 2019 at 10:15 PM

Lilongwe,
    I wanted to go to Chelsea, train tickets were only £90 when I last looked, I’ll let you know, nobody I know is going down.

• jane

Sep 29, 2019 at 10:15 PM

Ayose Perez has played in 8 of Leicester’s league and cup games this season starting 7. However he has scored no goals and has no assists. i wonder what he contributes?!

• Lilongwe Geordie

Sep 29, 2019 at 10:18 PM

Jail,
    There were a couple on here going, and we were going to try meet up for a couple before. Let me know if you are, would be good to put faces to names, and actually talk instead of on here.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Sep 29, 2019 at 10:19 PM

JFA

He’s a wum, not even a Nufc fan

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 29, 2019 at 10:21 PM

Lilongwe,
    Over the years I’ve met Solano, Ruddy, Mactoon, Genjikai and OP so would look forward to meeting you, I’ll see if I can make it.

• manxpie

Sep 29, 2019 at 10:23 PM

Jesus I logged out after my sol cambell comment which was a sad joke but people are actually saying he did wonders at macclesfield!!!
    How far have we fallen!!?

• Lilongwe Geordie

Sep 29, 2019 at 10:26 PM

Jail,
    Sounds good.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 29, 2019 at 10:29 PM

Did anyone notice the way he rolled his eyes and smiled and said you could have got away with that 20/30 years ago. This is what we’re footin living with, a dinosaur, a man on edge, if the poor footer has a heart attack before he sacks him I hope Mikey is going to pick up the tab!

• Nicky the ball tosser

Sep 29, 2019 at 10:30 PM

It’s surely official now. Ashley is a moron, and he is ruining Newcastle. The whole of English football must now be recognizing it.

Rondon, Perez, Rafa out. Joelinton, St Max, Bruce in. At a net cost of 30 million to the club. Utterly absurd.

No one should attend the Man U game. Let them play it in an empty stadium.

• toon22

Sep 29, 2019 at 10:37 PM

Don’t think people will need encouraging to stay away from any home game
    Wouldn’t watch that rubbish for free

• Belfast

Sep 29, 2019 at 10:37 PM

I have a sneaky suspicion that Irish Rob may be another one of Welsh Geordies alter egos 🙂

• ToonMatt

Sep 29, 2019 at 10:40 PM

Jane, Jib or whoever you are? Nobody gives a toss about how our ex-players are doing, we are more concerned about the state of our club and getting rid of Mike Ashley.

• Belfast

Sep 29, 2019 at 10:41 PM

What was your view on Hayden’s tackle Manxpie ?

You where looking Harry Kane jailed for less hahahaha

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 29, 2019 at 10:41 PM

Belfits,
    Too much of a nasty streak and seven letter words. You stick to vetting people for. co.uk and I’ll suss out the alts on here!

• jane

Sep 29, 2019 at 10:41 PM

“No one should attend the Man U game. Let them play it in an empty stadium.”

i just can’t see the Man Utd fans boycotting.

• manxpie

Sep 29, 2019 at 10:43 PM

Jail forget that did anyone notice he said it was acceptable in response to jamaals unacceptable comment and that he said he hadn’t seen almiron play instead of meaning yedlin!
    The red cheeks and nose tell me hes a bit of a drinker maybe hes at least half cut by interview time

• Belfast

Sep 29, 2019 at 10:44 PM

Fair point hahahaha

• manxpie

Sep 29, 2019 at 10:55 PM

Belfast in today’s game a red but their player pussied out of the 50 50 challenge so they are always gonna end up worse
    I was taught if its 50 50 go in hard or you’ll get hurt
    Kanes wasn’t a 50 50 he went in to hurt the player through frustration no red
    Lejuene has had trouble in his knees since that tackle
    Ritchie is still sidelined for a far worse tackle which again the player didnt see red so yeah annoyed at the refs on this
    Oh and then ya take into account ben arfas which again was ok and haidaras no red again

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 29, 2019 at 10:55 PM

Has anybody mentioned yet that we’re better off than last season, where’s Jib?

• ronaldo aarons

Sep 29, 2019 at 10:56 PM

Jane
    Perez played well today for them and linked up play well. The normally defensively solid dummett struggled with him.

For the record, he got an assist for their first goal with the cute flick to release Ricardo.

• ronaldo aarons

Sep 29, 2019 at 11:01 PM

Tbh I have felt a real mixed bag of emotions all season. This result and performance today hasn’t left me disappointed, upset, angry or embarrassed. Just a case of games like this to be expected so it’s a case of it being fulfilled.

It’s hard to explain but it’s a very awkward feeling I have for the club at the moment. Haven’t been on much recently these past few weeks either as a result.

• Belfast

Sep 29, 2019 at 11:05 PM

ronaldo aarons

Sep 29, 2019 at 11:01 PM

I felt like that once. You want a divorce. 🙂

• jane

Sep 29, 2019 at 11:05 PM

i didn’t spot that. that stats sites i looked at haven’t recorded that as an assist.

i only watched the first half and thought his cross to the back post just before the first goal showed his awareness. that was an occasion where Dummett didn’t stop Perez crossing.