web analytics

Only One Player Not Spotted After Club Releases Images From Today’s Session

The club have some images of today’s training session on their website. They have also posted a short video on Twitter showing the lads in training.

The positive news is that Jetro Willems has returned to training after missing last weekend’s game with a knee injury. Dwight Gayle is also back in light training. He has yet to feature due to a calf injury suffered in July.

One of the more surprising images is that of Jonjo Shelvey who was in the last image shown on the club’s website. He was expected to miss this Sunday’s match due to a hamstring injury suffered in the draw against Brighton. He doesn’t seem to be involved in any of the activities but was still pictured on the ground.

Florian Lejeune also continues to work his way back to full fitness. This is his second week of training with the lads. He will likely not feature until after the international break. The first match after the break is away to Chelsea on October 19th.

That leaves just Matt Ritchie who is not training with team in any capacity yet. He suffered an ankle injury against Leicester City in the Carabao Cup on August 28th. So it’s looking like the original projection of that injury keeping him out of action for two months was accurate.

• Munster Mag

Oct 2, 2019 at 2:25 PM

helllooo!

• toon kk

Oct 2, 2019 at 2:25 PM

It’s like stepping back in time prior to Rafa’s era. Players picking up injuries, poor form, lucky if we can get a shot on target, frustration amongst fans the list goes on.

• Ron Knee

Oct 2, 2019 at 2:25 PM

Re Silva/Mendy

It’s not the first time:

“Silva faced further criticism when an Instagram video from an earlier date emerged of him appearing to reference Mendy’s skin colour by asking him why he was naked. Mendy is wearing a black T-shirt in the clip.” (Grauniad)

• IrishRob

Oct 2, 2019 at 2:30 PM

Never thought I’d say thuz but we are badly needing Matt Richies leadership and determination. There is not one leader on that pitch except maybe AC.

• Lindisfarne

Oct 2, 2019 at 2:33 PM

Martoon / BenbulbenMag

I have no axe to grind and responded due to the opinions being expressed inflating the issue and being disingenuous. I tried to answer the question as I often find myself in similar enquiry and I apologise if I was derogatory.

• BenbulbenMag

Oct 2, 2019 at 2:37 PM

Lindisfarne no apologies needed I don’t think you were being derogatory. I think we are all having a reasonable discussion which is what is always needed. Open dialogue will always achieve more.