web analytics

Report – GACP Sports Takes Familiar Step In Attempted Newcastle Takeover

On June 5th, the Bin Zayed Group famously set up a holding company at Companies House. The name of the new company was Monochrome Acquisitions Ltd and it had two registered directors: Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed al-Nahyan and Mihat Kidwai.

That was seemingly a massive move in the Dubai-based group’s takeover of Newcastle United. That company is still active but likely will never be used for it’s original intent as any takeover by the group looks very remote now.

The Shields Gazette have an exclusive report tonight as they have verified that GACP Sports have set up two new holding companies of their own. They are GACP Newcastle Management LLP established on September 27th and GACP Newcastle Partners LLP which was established on October 1, 2019.

Joseph DaGrosa– President of Bordeaux

The companies, per the report, are completely owned by GACP Sports which is the investment firm of billionaire Joseph DaGrosa. They are both registered in the state of Delaware in the United States.

One of the interesting bits of information in the Shields Gazette is that GACP formed two similar companies when they purchased Ligue 1 club Bordeaux last year. Joseph DaGrosa is now Bordeaux’s president.

We are definitely not getting our hopes up on this one after the destructive disappointed of the Monochrome Acquisitions Ltd situation this summer. However, it does show that there is genuine interest from GACP Sports. Whether they can secure the funds to complete a deal remains to be seen.

• GeordieTwo

Oct 3, 2019 at 7:49 PM

Hmmm. Is this chap trying to outbid me for wor club? I still have genuine interest like the others. Remember that Monsieur DaGrosa… Harrumph!!!

• JohnReese

Oct 3, 2019 at 7:50 PM

Let’s say best case scenario this all happened, I would be very excited in a partnership with Bordeaux. Followed them for about 15 years after being on holiday over there and catching a game. They’ve got a record of bringing in foreign youngsters, something we’ve been terrible at for as long as I can remember.

• GeordieTwo

Oct 3, 2019 at 7:52 PM

Compared with my genuine interest this man sounds very flimsy. Is he real? Does he really have actual coinage like moi? I’ll let my money do my talking for me!!!!

• geordietom

Oct 3, 2019 at 7:52 PM

EXCLUSIVE: GACP Sports and Peter Kenyon take big step towards Newcastle United takeover with formation of two new companies
    GACP Sports Limited and Peter Kenyon have taken a firm step towards a takeover of Newcastle United – by forming two new companies in the USA.
    Documents, seen by the Gazette, show that GACP Sports – the sporting investment arm of billionaire Joseph DaGrosa – have formed two new companies in the last week in a bid to facilitate a takeover of Newcastle United.

The two new companies are called ‘GACP Newcastle Management LLP’ and ‘GACP Newcastle Partners LLP’. The former was launched on September 27, 2019 with the latter set-up on October 1, 2019.

Both companies are owned 100% by GACP Sports Partners LLC and have been registered in Delaware.
    nd while the formation of these two new companies does not guarantee a takeover – or even that a deal is close – it does at least prove that GACP and Peter Kenyon are taking concrete steps forward as they pursue a deal.

DaGrosa’s investment firm and Kenyon are believed to be working together on a purchase of the club from Mike Ashley, having proposed a deal comprised of an initial payment of £175million followed by a further £125million over three years.

DaGrosa and GACP Sports purchased Bordeaux last year and formed two near-identical companies in order to complete that deal.

The formation of these two new companies was detailed in GACP Sports’ brochure which was circulated last week, with the formation of company registered in the UK – called ‘Newcastle Acquisition Partners Ltd’ – set to follow.

from the Shields Gazette …

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 3, 2019 at 7:53 PM

Hmmm, set up on October the 1st, be more believable if it was April 1st!

• GeordieTwo

Oct 3, 2019 at 7:53 PM

Everyone is welcome to join me in my very genuine bid for the club. I’ve got serious coin. You lot all have serious coin. Let’s get together and make this happen!!!!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 3, 2019 at 7:55 PM

Rolando

No PR on your consortium list, I’d bet that toon22 see’s 19 of us! 🙂

• GeordieTwo

Oct 3, 2019 at 7:55 PM

Well said Essex. Haven’t we seen a few of these types of stories before? Has anyone actually asked DaGrosa if he is bidding on us? Now in comparison my interest is extremely genuine….

• G

Oct 3, 2019 at 7:56 PM

I thought they only had a percentage at Bordeax? Not ownership. Am I thinking of the wrong club?

• GeordieTwo

Oct 3, 2019 at 7:57 PM

Thanks to all the excited contributors I now have 10 dollars Canadian in coins and 1 pound 50p from interested parties in the UK. This is building very rapidly lads. Get in now!!!!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 3, 2019 at 7:59 PM

There’s been so many false alarms (8 and counting?) that I reckon the blog would go into meltdown if it actually happened.

Still not placing my Craster kipper order though!

• GeordieTwo

Oct 3, 2019 at 8:00 PM

Doesn’t DaGrosa own FC Girondins de Bordeaux? What’s going on here? Harrumph!!!

• geordietom

Oct 3, 2019 at 8:00 PM

i read they own 13 per cent of Bordeaux the other day …

• GeordieTwo

Oct 3, 2019 at 8:01 PM

I can get you a very reasonably priced Kister Crapper though Essex. Let me know…. everyone over here has one at their cottage….

• MagpieRanger

Oct 3, 2019 at 8:02 PM

Finding it hard to get excited about it all, doesn’t seem like they have the wedge so what’s the point?

• GeordieTwo

Oct 3, 2019 at 8:05 PM

Is anyone else putting in a bid? We have the Kenyon genuine interest, Amanda the Panda, Garry Cook, Monsieur DaGrosa, myself and co-bidders, the Travelling Willburys, and at least one group headed by several Belgian midgets. Have I got that right?

• Reilly

Oct 3, 2019 at 8:07 PM

Good deal for the fat tw@t and sd,if it goes through.

• GeordieTwo

Oct 3, 2019 at 8:07 PM

I’m whipping myself up into a proper frenzy/tizzy/frothiness just thinking aboot this kind of wild speculation!!!

• GeordieTwo

Oct 3, 2019 at 8:08 PM

Get ready for more exciting wild rumours, outright lies, innuendos and other bits of frivolity lads! Here we go again!

• lochinvar

Oct 3, 2019 at 8:10 PM

Geordie two
    I’ve got some Lira from a few years back, about
    Lira 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
    Don’t know what the exchange rate is but might be useful

• lochinvar

Oct 3, 2019 at 8:11 PM

GACP Newcastle Partners LLP

That word ‘Partners’ bothers me…partners with who ? Not Ashley. No compromises now.

• barrowtoon

Oct 3, 2019 at 8:16 PM

Lochinvar I wouldn’t worry nowt will come of it! Just the usual guff that’ll drag on till the end of January

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 3, 2019 at 8:20 PM

barrowtoon

You surely don’t mean by the end of the transfer window, would the nice Mr Ashlie really do that to us?

• toon22

Oct 3, 2019 at 8:21 PM

Having the money isnt really the problem, the Mansours didnt have enough money ?
    Jabba is the problem

It seems he wants to sell us but keep all the bits he is making money from, as tempting as that sounds i doubt anyone will ever take him up on that offer

This story is the same rubbish as usual, its getting boring

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 3, 2019 at 8:22 PM

G2

I’ve got some old French Francs I could hoy into the pot!

• toon22

Oct 3, 2019 at 8:22 PM

Its a bit early for the usual transfer window sale lie
    So its probably wanted to try and stop the unrest and the dwindling crowds

Nobody believes or cares about anything he says anymore

• toon22

Oct 3, 2019 at 8:25 PM

Anyone with real money looking on will avoid the whole circus with a ten foot pole

Why would you bother getting involved with the guy ?

They will simply sit back and wait till he either has no say in the sale or is desperate

Right now Jabba faces trouble on every side, so why hurry ?

• toon22

Oct 3, 2019 at 8:26 PM

Would you buy the toon but let the fat get keep the adverts ?
    Or the club shop ?
    Or the shirt sales ?

Or every asset he has stripped away ?

Me neither

• toon22

Oct 3, 2019 at 8:27 PM

Its like trying to sell your car while insisting your keeping the seats and the wheels

• Bladey

Oct 3, 2019 at 8:29 PM

Our Brazilian one goal looks like a championship striker 40 million
    Arsenals Brazilian 5 goals 2 tonight against european opposition 18 year old teenager 6 million
    Also our kids are second rate compared with arsenals Chelsea s man u anybody’s Longstaff couldn’t lace there boots
    NUFC are light years behind them all
    We are a second rate team with a third rate manager id rather watch arsenals reserve side in Europe than nufc v mufc
    ASH IN WISE OR CARVER IN MUGS OUT

• ronaldo aarons

Oct 3, 2019 at 8:42 PM

Is this guy on WhatsApp? Asking for the toon fans of twitter. 😉

• ronaldo aarons

Oct 3, 2019 at 8:42 PM

#BringBackMidhat

• Jib

Oct 3, 2019 at 8:51 PM

I love a dialogue twixt Geordie 2 and toon22

A prick talking to a donkey

You decide which is which

• MagpieRanger

Oct 3, 2019 at 9:03 PM

Anybody want to buy my PlayStation? I’m aloud it back on weekends. That’s the impression I’m getting with this sale. Also, why would you buy a club at this point in the season, staring relegation in the face already… Makes NO sense. It’s all BS.