web analytics

Newcastle United Against Manchester United – Poll Results, Predictions, and Injuries

This is our predicted line-up for this afternoon’s match against Manchester United. It has four changes from the team that got lambasted 5-0 at the King Power Stadium last week.

We predicted Matty Longstaff, Allan Saint-Maximin, Jetro Willems, and DeAndre Yedlin to come in for Isaac Hayden, Miguel Almiron, Yoshinori Muto, and Emil Krafth. There was news last night that Ciaran Clark may come in for Paul Dummett.

The injury problems that have plagued the early season for Newcastle are clearing up. Allan Saint-Maximin and DeAndre Yedlin have a chance to make a significant impact in this game. Jonjo Shelvey and Dwight Gayle have chance to make their returns to the squad as well.

It’s not good reading for Manchester United as they will be without eight players for today’s match. They could also be forced to play with Ashley Young and Axel Tuanzebe as their full-backs. If so, this is something Newcastle should work to exploit with attacks down the flanks.

Newcastle Injuries

Florian Lejeune – knee, Matt Ritchie – ankle

Manchester United Injuries

Anthony Martial – thigh, Luke Shaw – hamstring, Paul Pogba – ankle, Aaron Wan-Bissaka – illness (tonsillitis), Jesse Lingard – hamstring, Phil Jones – undisclosed, Eric Bailly – knee, Timothy Fosu-Mensah – knee

In our poll for this match, the majority of voters see Newcastle getting nothing out of the game. Of the 1,749 votes, 59% picked Newcastle to lose this match. Just 25% have predicted a victory which would see Newcastle move out of the relegation zone. After yesterday’s results, Newcastle remain 19th in the table.

What Will Be The Result Against Manchester United On Sunday?

• Loss (59%, 1,040 )

14Crystal Palace38-1943
15Brighton38-1541
16West Ham38-1339

• Ron Knee

Oct 6, 2019 at 12:01 PM

loch

So Cream is now a solo unit.

• Nufc-83

Oct 6, 2019 at 12:02 PM

Lol as usual no substance to what you say. Let’s just remember the time you supported Ashley and are clearly PR. KBA.

• geordietom

Oct 6, 2019 at 12:03 PM

Nufc-83

Oct 6, 2019 at 11:42 AM

Toon spouting the usual proverbial. When have I ever said I want Bruce to be given 3 years I want him out now.

you mean crap …

• Genjikai

Oct 6, 2019 at 12:03 PM

To all who sent pictures of inside sjp today. Can you send me them today again.
    Yous done a grand job last time.

• Genjikai

Oct 6, 2019 at 12:04 PM

Today was suppose to be last time

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 6, 2019 at 12:06 PM

martoon,
    I think this GW is yours, the JfA curse, I dump Sterling for Salah and he’s done jot all since 🙁

• Munster Mag

Oct 6, 2019 at 12:11 PM

Hope came across a pretty genuine guy with concerns from the second half v arsenal onwards. Clearly Bruce hates him now but he said they had pints together before it all kicked off. In my opinion the norwich warm up issue is overplayed but difficult to disagree with craig hope and difficult to support SB on the back of norwich and leicester and , for me especially, the bizarre Brighton game. If the players dont back Bruce today he has to go, but they wont. I said that he deserved to be given some time to show if he could work with a more talented bunch than Hull etc, but I dont think there is any evidence of anything positive. It possibly may be the wrong time to judge though, as man utd at st james’ will surely lift the players and possibly mask things?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 6, 2019 at 12:15 PM

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 6, 2019 at 12:18 PM

RIP Ginger Baker, another musical institution gone, but I suppose as we get older so do they.

• Trent1211

Oct 6, 2019 at 12:18 PM

Craig’s a very good judge and was open minded about SB but it’s a case of “Who you going to believe? Me or your lying eyes” when Bruce protests that he’s hard done by.

He’s simply reported the shambles of 2nd half v Arsenal which was truly extraordinary. Norwich atrocious. Spurs was a perfect storm of professionalism in question for our players after warm-up-gate, muscle memory of a Rafa set up and what is patently a very divided unmotivated Spurs side. Brighton and Leicester also speak for themselves.

Then you have lies through revisionist history in press conferences, blaming players rather than himself all set against the backdrop of having been peddled by the Mackems in 2011 as yesterday’s man back then and the previous professionalism of Rafa.

Tells a good tale about offering to play a press XI v Newcastle to get AC up to speed. Bruce joked that if he did he would put big Andy on Craig and “tell him not to go easy”

• Nufc-83

Oct 6, 2019 at 12:27 PM

My team in a 3421 (Rafa) formation:

Dubs

Schar Fernandez Dummet

Yedlin Longstaff ki. Willems

Almiron Joelinton ASM

Really difficult to leave out Atsu and wasn’t happy putting Ki in but I really dislike Shelvey and think it’s too big for Matty.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 6, 2019 at 12:29 PM

Can anyone say whether an actual motion has been lodged by an MP regarding the mismanagement of clubs to the detriment of the local areas. If so by whom, I know that Chi Onuwura (spelling?) has mentioned it in parliament.

Any email i send to my MP I want to have facts that than speculation, although if Betty is OK with it I might include one of the paragraphs from her comment, it was so correct.

I won’t send it until I’m feel it is correct, but probably sometime this week.

• AncientC

Oct 6, 2019 at 12:48 PM

I wonder if a few people would like to review their opinions?

AncientC

Aug 26, 2019 at 11:23 AM

Mag P, you are easily pleased. How many games do you think will be won following the formula yesterday. It was guerrilla warfare, a lapse by the opponent, then run for the hills with the tail between the legs.

The Benitez magic will not last forever on this defence.

Bruce needs to coach some football into this side… I have seen nothing to suggest that Bruce isn’t living of Rafa’s legacy.

Munster Mag

Aug 26, 2019 at 11:46 AM

“Ancient C you dont understand football if thats your opinion on yesterday. Stick to labour politics!”
    *****************************

Mag P then weighed in, asking if I had any brain cells.

• AncientC

Oct 6, 2019 at 12:49 PM

Those comments were after the Spurs game, btw.

• Jarra

Oct 6, 2019 at 12:50 PM

The build up before kick off against Man U at home and as flat as you could be. OMG Ashley what have yo done to me, the excitement before this match years gone by would have me buzzing for days before the match. Now nothing yet I will still watch it on TV. I’m trying to put myself in Steve Bruce mindset though I know that impossible to be. We are both similar age group, both local lads and bleed Black and White so in his predicament what would I do.
    I can see exactly whats going on behind the scenes I’ve been there best part of three month, I remain focused on the best for my club so what shall I do.
    The question I ask myself can I turn it round what is the priority, my career or my beloved football club?
    The answer is clear I will give it one last chance today against a very poor Man U win and I’m gonna stay, lose or draw and play shockingly bad. Then I have to resign and be honest in my press release this is a job that without the support of the Owner is impossible to achieve.
    So Steve be honest with yourself today; as a local Geordie lad your credibility is being viewed by all of us who love the club just as much as you.

• AncientC

Oct 6, 2019 at 12:51 PM

Munster Mag, perhaps would you like to enlighten me where I was wrong about Bruce? It’s very easy to complain after a defeat, I aimed criticism after a win. The warning signs were already in place.

• Munster Mag

Oct 6, 2019 at 12:53 PM

Nufc83 , joel is clearly talented but he doesnt stretch defences enough with movement and energy. Tend to agree with Hail re not being arsed at times. That said, I like him as a player. Wud love to see more energy though.

• AncientC

Oct 6, 2019 at 12:54 PM

Nufc-83

Aug 26, 2019 at 12:31 PM

Mag leave Ancient to fester in his own negative world as he is clearly lacking any brain cells with his comments on this blog and his avatar.

• AncientC

Oct 6, 2019 at 12:56 PM

Nufc-83 flippantly skims through the accounts then comes onto the blog to lecture people. Not sure who he thinks he is impressing, but it’s not as many as he believes.

• Trent1211

Oct 6, 2019 at 1:06 PM

Quite right Ancient. Bruce was deemed to be a manager of the prehistoric variety as far back as 2011. Him having this job speaks to the clueless desperation by Charnley and his paymaster.

He will be sacked – again out of desperation and we will, almost certainly, barring very astute acquisitions in the managerial and playing departments (unlikely on past form) be relegated.

I wouldn’t put it past them to entrust Redfearn with trying to get us up a la Hughton. Clowns.

• Ron Knee

Oct 6, 2019 at 1:08 PM

Early team news
    Newcastle v Man Utd (16:30 BST)

Newcastle may welcome back Dwight Gayle, who last played for the club 17 months ago, after he recovered from a calf injury.

Allan Saint-Maximin is in contention to start but Isaac Hayden begins a three-game ban.

Manchester United’s Jesse Lingard is unlikely to play after injuring his hamstring against AZ Alkmaar.

Paul Pogba and Anthony Martial are sidelined with respective ankle and thigh problems. (BBC)

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 6, 2019 at 1:09 PM

Ancient C,
    Considering he likes to throw around words like “myopic” that response to you was just typical of him showing his dislike of our former manager. He set up against Spurs exactly how his predecessor did on got his only result, now after putting in subtle digs about his style of play he’s now going having to admit he’s going to have to try and replicate it.

• Nufc-83

Oct 6, 2019 at 1:09 PM

Ancient I read more into the accounts than most on here who make financial claims about the club and at least bring some facts and figures to the table. Please link the post you are taking comments from so I can actually read the context.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 6, 2019 at 1:10 PM

Don’t know if this helps. 🙂

“Most estimates say we have about 100 billion brain cells (neurons), and about ten times that many, or one trillion, support cells (glia) that help the neurons. We’ll just concentrate on the neurons themselves. The brain weighs about 3 pounds, and after age 20, you lose about a gram of brain mass per year.

Also we all have three brains – your HEAD brain, your HEART brain, and your GUT brain. The three brains are like an orchestra, with billions of neurons cooperating to produce a harmonic symphony – harnessing together an ever-changing network of neurons that work in synchrony.

• Genjikai

Oct 6, 2019 at 1:10 PM

The two longstaffs are playing

Matty got a call at 4pm yesterday to tell him the news.
    So put that in your rafa bingo lineups.
    If this has already been mentioned excuse me, havnt read over the blog this last week.

• Nufc-83

Oct 6, 2019 at 1:12 PM

I have not followed Charlton and Bowyer but after reading on here and doing some research he would seem like an amazing appointment. Should be easy to attract even with the slug in place as well.

• Nufc-83

Oct 6, 2019 at 1:14 PM

Genj I just read that. Hughes looks to be in for Dummet, Yedlin and ASM starting as well.

• AncientC

Oct 6, 2019 at 1:17 PM

Nufc-83, if you believe looking at a few pie charts gives you the inside track, feel free to split hairs with that information. Hardly forensic accounting. Ashley offered to open the books and has went silent ever since. That should tell you everything you need to know about any doubtful grey areas.

• Nufc-83

Oct 6, 2019 at 1:20 PM

Ancient at least looking at the accounts and reading articles in which accountants analyse them provides me with a greater level of knowledge than the likes of you who will just make flippant comments and give opinions without any substance.

• IrishRob

Oct 6, 2019 at 1:21 PM

Dummet was so bad last week I think it’s only fair to give Clark a chance, ON HIS DAY hes a fantastic defender.

Dont mind Mattie playing, if it doesn’t work it doesn’t work but I’ve no problem with him trying the lad out.

More than anything I hope Almiron is benched, I think it will do him the world of good to come into the game for the last 20-30min rather than start it.

ASM has to start, although I get a weird feeling hes also one of those players who plays better when hes brought on for the last 30min, but he definitely should be given a start.

• Genjikai

Oct 6, 2019 at 1:21 PM

The magpie group never got a reponse, but i see that alex hurst is claiming the nust have accepted his offer.
    They should hand it over to the magpie group.
    It was our idea.
    Infact it was my idea.

• Nufc-83

Oct 6, 2019 at 1:21 PM

Ancient Ashley offered to open the books as he is a complete moron and never had any intention of allowing that to be done regardless if he had something to hide or not. If that’s what you base your argument on then case closed.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 6, 2019 at 1:22 PM

According to Bladey I’ve got ten years before I start to lose brain cells, unfortunately that’s not true, I wish it was.

I’m probably in the top ten of people on this blog for brain cell loss with around 56 grams lost. suppose that makes me one of the blog idiots! 🙂

• jane

Oct 6, 2019 at 1:23 PM

wouldn’t those who have been interested in buying NUFC have looked closely at the accounts?

• IrishRob

Oct 6, 2019 at 1:23 PM

With the right attitude and performance there is a handy win here today, United missing some serious players and not playing wonderful lately either.

• Genjikai

Oct 6, 2019 at 1:24 PM

EGB
    you been weighing the dust falling out your ears?

• Nufc-83

Oct 6, 2019 at 1:24 PM

Genj if Ashley allows that to happen he would have been shamed into it as no way he meant that. He’s just a moron and it’s clear why he doesn’t give many interviews. His advisers must go mental with him. I honestly don’t understand how he has done so well for himself it must have been pure luck.

• IrishRob

Oct 6, 2019 at 1:26 PM

Jane just out of curiosity if you don’t mind me asking. What age are you? I’m 35 if it matters.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 6, 2019 at 1:29 PM

So from what I’m reading on the blog the team is.

Dubkravka
    Schaar Fernandez Clarke
    Yedlin Longstaff S Longstaff M Willems
    Gayle Joelinton Atsu

That’s my idiotic guess!

• AncientC

Oct 6, 2019 at 1:30 PM

Nufc-83, I have looked over the numbers in the past. I have been following The Swiss Ramble for years. Unlike you, I don’t believe that makes me an authority on the club’s financial affairs.

I would say most Newcastle fans are all too painfully aware of who & what Ashley stands for. You are not illuminated with special information.