web analytics

Players Take To Social Media To Rave About Crucial Win

Sunday’s victory against Manchester United was a brilliant way to head into the international break. The win moved Newcastle out of the dreaded relegation zone and will give everyone associated with the club a lift.

Some of the players have taken to social media to rave about the massive win. Most of them also wanted to thank the fans for their support and also to congratulate Matty Longstaff.

Here is what a few other players posted on their Instagram accounts.

View this post on Instagram

And That’s What Dreams Are Made Of!! ???? 1-0

A post shared by Andy Carroll (@andytcarroll) on

We also thought we would add this tweet from former-Magpie David Edgar.

• Genjikai

Oct 7, 2019 at 8:31 PM

Email your local MP
    Tell them you are concerned for NUFC under Ashleys ownership.

• Trent1211

Oct 7, 2019 at 8:33 PM

Fair play to Bruce and the players. Excellent performance. We’ve been all over the shop this season. Wildly erratic. Can we stabilise? Can we build some momentum?

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Oct 7, 2019 at 8:34 PM

Can we just call a blog truce now ? No bringing up past results , comparing Rafa etc etc

Let’s just look at it on its merits this was the first game this season where we have fully deserved the 3 points we have deserved nothing out of any of the games because we were either tactically inept or were not working hard enough to win the ball back! We won against Spurs but they had enough chances to beat us comfortably but his was different.

Something clicked yesterday we were in their faces winning tackles and putting pressure on them! This needs to be the standard in every game and I think the Longstaff brothers played a big part in that as well as Yedlin and Willems!

My only worry is Joellinton I wonder if Gayle would maybe be better suited to the system we are playing ?If he was 100% fit his pace and movement would create lots of space and hes usually good for about 6 or 7 goals in the top league which is more than we might get from our other strikers at the moment

• Bobbybee

Oct 7, 2019 at 8:39 PM

Missed the bus
    Lesh, I just think it’s time we all called a truce tbh. Nobody is ever going to persuade me that boycotting will rid us of Ashley and I would never ask anybody to stop boycotting if that’s their choice. I think we’ve drained every drop from both sides on that. People have made their choices and if more stop going, they will and if people return, they will. There’s been some nasty and some silly comments – both sides – and it’s forwarded the situation not one inch. People have a difference of opinion, that’s all. And it’s football, it’s meant to be enjoyed. And sometimes the gallows humour is part of the fun.
    People who used to get on, at each others throats over the same old thing… Well, you get my point?
    Maybe now’s a good time for people to agree to disagree and try to stick to football matters, which is the purpose of the blog after all. Discussing plans for protests is fair comment, but this constant sniping – this isn’t aimed at you in particular – has kept me from posting recently tbh. It’s just all become very tedious.

• Moonraker15

Oct 7, 2019 at 8:40 PM

Matty made his goal look easy! That’s because he’s confident in his ability and in the right place to accept the pass. I doubt if Almiron or Joelinton would’ve scored with that chance.
    I loved the way he was calling for the pass from the excellent Jetro! Pure Geordie quality! What a future he’s got; and his big brother!

• Bobbybee

Oct 7, 2019 at 8:40 PM

Lee, spooky mate. 😀

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Oct 7, 2019 at 8:48 PM

@Bobby

Certainly is !

I just wish Ashley would go so we could go back to being UNITED again and everyone could go back to enjoying this wonderful club and City together!

Have been coming down to Newcastle for over 20 years for the odd game here and there and I just love the people , the stadium and everything but Ashley has taken far too much for too long would love it if this was the season we got rid of him

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Oct 7, 2019 at 8:51 PM

Also special mention to Clark yesterday I thought he was quality and I think him being able to pass it and come out with the ball made a big difference as well!

Having Lascalles and Dummett together is defensively sound but they both are not great on the ball and often it results in Dummett hitting panic stations and just getting rid of the ball whereas Lascalles could pass either side of him and they could come forward with the ball

• ronaldo aarons

Oct 7, 2019 at 9:01 PM

I don’t quite get some of the comments aimed at joelinton thought the match yesterday and afterwards.

This quote by Neil sums him up perfectly right now if I’m honest, “Another learning experience for the big man but he is still showing the signs that he can handle this league. He just needs more service which he didn’t get on Sunday.”

Looks exactly what he is, 22/23 year old foreign striker in a new league playing a very different role than he’s used to and not getting any sort of service to score. Lumping it up to him is no good or to chase lost causes. When he’s had a decent ball, it’s stuck and he’s brought others in play. He’s a good passer.

Yesterday, for the shot which Matty struck the bar, all started with him running the channel after a decent ball forward, held off a defender and ball was worked across then to matty.

Simply put, all about the service. I don’t even mean service as in chances created. Some of the balls to him have been horrible. Some posters criticising him during the match yet comes out afterwards that he had a back injury/knock.

Some posters need to relax about him and expecting him to suddenly hit the ground running after 8 games.

When he first came I said he’s a player that likes the ball to feet and to play football. Said his weaknesses were his heading and for his frame he doesn’t use his body as well as he should. Hopefully he can learn this from Carroll I guess but it’s typical that we’re playing him to his weaknesses.

• ronaldo aarons

Oct 7, 2019 at 9:06 PM

The only time I feel it will be suitable to play shelvey in the set up is when Gayle is up to speed. Shelvey tends to play well for us when he’s on the pitch as he makes the runs that shelvey likes and they’ve got their timing together spot on.

• Bobbybee

Oct 7, 2019 at 9:08 PM

Lee, I actually think he’s now genuinely looking to sell. The summer showed him nobody of note will work for him after Rafa – who actually did a fine assassination of his character after leaving – and he knows if Bruce takes us down his investment is in big danger. He’s lost enough money lately so even the gambler that he is, he’d be mad to risk it all. I don’t think he’s mad, just a sociopath wrapped up in a psychopath. 😀

• ronaldo aarons

Oct 7, 2019 at 9:09 PM

The set up and system we played yesterday is what we should be deploying for most games, regardless if a top 6 side or not.

Might lead to ‘boring’ matches but strong, organised and disciplined with fast transitions is what we are good at. Should stick to it.

Possession won’t be high, won’t exactly be the most attractive ‘attacking’ football as many posters have mentioned in the past but it means we can be effective.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 7, 2019 at 9:14 PM

ronaldo aarons,
    My contract comment probably sounded harsh, there’s obviously a good player in there somewhere but unfortunately not £38M worth. I think they have to accept he’s not a CF and being one in, I don’t follow the Bundesiga but he must have been doing something right to play 28 times in the highest scoring team. We should go out and spend big on a player who will compliment him, but unfortunately as we all know if there are twenty points on the board in January then we will just plod on till the end of the season.

• Bobbybee

Oct 7, 2019 at 9:16 PM

Ronaldo, I enjoy this set up mate. I look at the stats afterwards – like Sunday’s – and although they had a lot more possession, we did far more with ours than they did with theirs.
    Joelinton isn’t a target man, but he’s adapting pretty quickly I think. When we play 541 he’s always going to be isolated to an extent, so he needs to learn off Carroll how to hold it up until the midfield join him. As you say, he’s a player from a different league, but he’s got the assets to become a hold up striker. Big, powerful, not afraid to mix it. I think he’ll come good sooner rather than later.

• jasper

Oct 7, 2019 at 9:23 PM

They might have more possession but well over 50% of the exciting bits chosen for MoD were our attacks. Their possession was mostly 40+ yards from Dubs.

• ronaldo aarons

Oct 7, 2019 at 9:26 PM

Jail
    Agree he’s not worth the reported £40m fee but as with all younger signings, potential plays a part. And yeah, he’s not a cf in the sense of the tradional England cf style like Carroll, Rondon. At hoffenheim he played in other positions but when he was up front he was the one who dropped deeper or drifted out to the wings so the other strikers to get the goals. He’s got a decent assist record and chance creation record for a striker/forward. And his pass percentage is very good in the German league too.

If he gets 8-10 goals this season, for him individually, then that’s good I reckon. Whether that will be enough for the team at the end of the season is another matter.

• jasper

Oct 7, 2019 at 9:26 PM

For what it’s worth there were many Man U supporters in the premier club openly wearing their colours, and I suspect a lot more who were sensible enough to not be so brazen.

Good thing that we have a deserved reputation for being open and friendly to other clubs supporters in the ground or in the city centre pubs – well with one notable exception. But they haven’t had a game here for several years, can’t think why.

• Jib

Oct 7, 2019 at 9:29 PM

In his new Football Initiative, Mr Corbyn is proposing to give football supporters more influence over the way their clubs are run.
    He is proposing to give supporters’ trusts the right to purchase shares in a club when it changes hands and the ability to appoint and dismiss at least two members of a club’s board of directors.

Paradoxically this will probably discourage potential buyers from investing in the PL

• ronaldo aarons

Oct 7, 2019 at 9:31 PM

Bobby
    I enjoy the set up too. Some not so much who have been vocal about it on here lol. The more we play it, the more the players get used to it and counter attacks should become more frequent and effective. You’d like to think.

On Joelinton though, just wanted to address some of the comments towards him from yesterday.

• jane

Oct 7, 2019 at 9:32 PM

ronaldo aarons i agree with all your points in comment #12. i think Bruce will do this now.

• simon376

Oct 7, 2019 at 9:38 PM

Ronaldo
    Think you are right with what you are saying about Joelinton. Guy beside me at the match was slating him, I said I think he has something, maybe not a number 9, but does look like he really has some skill. Bloke in front (those 2 been sitting there for years with me, only know them from games) turned around and said he really is it, only thing letting him down are the other 9 outfield players not being good enough. I’m just hoping over the next 4-5 games, they can gel and he comes good. As you said, if he can get 9-11 this season, great and lets see how he goes next season

• ronaldo aarons

Oct 7, 2019 at 9:38 PM

Just comment 12 Jane? 🙂

Hope so too but I’ve not got much hope in that.

• lesh

Oct 7, 2019 at 9:39 PM

Bobby

Wise words

Lee

We can but hope

Bobby

Ashley’s greed seems to over-ride common sense but, let’s hope you’re right and he slings his hook before the club’s well and truly screwed.

• ronaldo aarons

Oct 7, 2019 at 9:46 PM

Simon
    He does have something about him. I watch a fair amount of European football so saw him a few times before we even had an interest. Always saw him as a quality young player but not necessarily in the way we are asking him to play.

Whether we see that while he is with us, who knows. It’s has only been 8 games but I do see him doing well.

• posada

Oct 7, 2019 at 10:32 PM

OK I’ll call a truce.
    With everyone apart from Toon22.
    Speaking of frogs where has he gone.
    Was it something I said.

• toon22

Oct 7, 2019 at 10:50 PM

Hiya JIB

LoL

• toon22

Oct 7, 2019 at 10:50 PM

I’m sure the PR are lovin parliament getting involved

• toon22

Oct 7, 2019 at 10:51 PM

Who that auditor again ?

Grant Thornton?

Hahahahaha

• Nicky the ball tosser

Oct 7, 2019 at 11:02 PM

One thing Bruce must address is our attitude against the more junior clubs. We’ve always been up for it against the big guns, that comes naturally, but we must graft and fight just as hard in the less glamorous games too. Norwich, Brighton and even Leicester are fairly prosaic affairs relatively speaking, but they are our bread and butter, and that’s where we must pick up the majority of our points.

• Munster Mag

Oct 7, 2019 at 11:03 PM

Im on the truce bus if other contributors will jump on too. I cant get enough of reading about the longstaffs and im not even a local!

• Munster Mag

Oct 7, 2019 at 11:09 PM

Joel is a super player technically but im not sure he will adapt to being a focal point. Maybe he can be part of a trio . With a powerful tall pacey player beside him and a st max or miggy he could be very dangerous. If SB is going to settle on a counter attack style , and that suits us given we have players who can hit it long accurately, we do need a pacier powerful and willing runner up front.

• jane

Oct 7, 2019 at 11:33 PM

which of our players will be going away on international duty this week?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 7, 2019 at 11:33 PM

I would strongly suspect that Mr Corbyn’s promises are election talk and wouldn’t put too much faith in them!

• jane

Oct 7, 2019 at 11:37 PM

Paraguay are playing friendlies in Serbia on Thursday and Slovakia on Sunday so at least Almiron won’t have too much travelling and will be back in good time.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 7, 2019 at 11:38 PM

Oh and by the way I’d say the same if it was the leader of any of the parties before I’m accused of political bias.

• jane

Oct 7, 2019 at 11:39 PM

toon22 what changes would you like to see?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 7, 2019 at 11:42 PM

toon22

Yeah I copied and saved that report from when you previously provided the link, do you know what happened subsequently to that?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 7, 2019 at 11:44 PM

That was going to be the 27th June, was the Bill presented and supported?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 7, 2019 at 11:56 PM

I’ve just trawled through the Bill presentation thingy and their are literally hundreds of bills being proposed by various members and groups.

The one in question had it’s 1st reading on the 26th of June, haven’t a clue how many stages it has to go through but I wouldn’t anyone hole their breath for it being speedily expedited.