web analytics

Star Tells Swiss Media How His Standing At Newcastle Has Changed

Newcastle defender Fabian Schar is with the Swiss National team getting ready to face Denmark on Tuesday in their EURO Qualifier. The match will be Fabian’s 52nd cap for Switzerland.

In an interview with Neue Zurcher Zeitung, Schar was asked some questions about his time at Newcastle as well as his vital role in the Swiss National team.

When the interviewer delved into his time at Newcastle, Fabian was asked if it was true that he had progressed into one of the best players at the club. This is how Fabian responded:

“I do not like to talk about my position, but of course, I feel that it was a good year for me.

The fact that I have consistently brought my performance over a season is recognized in the club and by the fans.

I have a lot of support from them, that’s nice. And I notice that my standing in the team has changed.”

Interestingly, Fabian mentioned his standing in the team has changed over the past season. He has put in such commanding performances; it’s only natural that he now carries a lot of weight in the dressing room.

The interview then touched on Schar’s leadership style as he was asked whether his standing as a new leader at Newcastle is comparable with Switzerland:

“Yes. It has been a development over time, I have noticed in the last one or two years that I have taken another step.

“I am now one of the experienced players. My role is different than three, four years ago.

“I’m not the guy who has to shout in the dressing room. For me, it is important to go ahead with performance and to be a role model on the field.

“I am a different person in the field, much less reserved, so I am already trying to lead the team from my position in the defense.”

Fabian lets his play do his talking for him. He has become not only one of Newcastle’s best players but one who leads by example. A role model on the pitch is a perfect description.

With his contract only having two years left to run, we hope that the club get him on a new deal as soon as possible. At just 27-years-old, he is in his prime and is so essential to this team.

• carltoon

Oct 11, 2019 at 1:45 AM

Toon22 I wish we could find away to get rid of him, I’m pleased Corbyn spoke up about it. I’m not his biggest fan but I’m a socialist so if they get back in power Ashley’s a gonna. Or only in my dream.

• toon22

Oct 11, 2019 at 1:56 AM

I don’t care how
    I don’t care who

We will try and rid ourselves of him from now on
    We don’t care what it takes

Whoever can help us will be backed
    The longer it takes him to see it the more it will hurt
    We don’t care

• carltoon

Oct 11, 2019 at 1:58 AM

Well!!!! I’m going to watch that goal again, has anyone else watched it 100 times. Then I’m going to bed. Goodnight Toon22 NYmag.

• toon22

Oct 11, 2019 at 1:58 AM

His recent claim was to not have taken a penny

Such utter bollix it’s insulting

If he or his idiot PR thinks anyone believes that he is in for a rough ride

We will do whatever it takes
    We don’t care how

• toon22

Oct 11, 2019 at 2:02 AM

Yer nn

Hiya NY

Might you shed some light on the utter bollix we are asked to believe
    Strangely quiet on strawberry place now days
    Maybe you can explain how he’s not robbed us blind ?

As it seems the guy has gutted our club to build his tat shops
    With posters like you helping him

Tell us again how you support the toon
    As it seems the usual bollix to me

• one fine day

Oct 11, 2019 at 2:42 AM

toon 22
    Hopefully more and more are starting to get what he is doing
    The mess he has left rangers in during a short spell I shudder to think the web of shit he has spun through the club like a virus .
    A little of how he operates
    anyone still believing this guy has the interests of nufc or the north east anywhere near his business agenda needs to give their heads a shake .
    Ashley sold this land ,which he as owner of nufc ,could argue was his.
    He sold it to another of his companies for 6 million pounds.
    6 years later this amount has not been paid back or appeared in the nufc accounts ,written off as a bad debt so will never be seen.
    He then sold it from his new company on to Micheal Murray (happens to be his son in law) for 10 mil.
    SPORTS direct then paid Micheal Murray 11.5 million .
    plans to build etc were submitted and passed but then drastically changed after it went through and new plans have been submitted .
    If these new plans are passed then the same land with planning approved will be worth around 60 million pounds
    and an agreement is in place for this to happen.
    why would anyone who cared about a club they own allow an asset to be sold knowing how much it is worth in pounds and also knowing it will effectively keep a boot on the throat of the club in terms of increasing capacity in future?
    Now if any of our accountants here can show where any of this shows up in fatty’s ledger i would love to know.
    the chronicle apparently are well aware of all of this but why they are not acting or reporting it is anyone’s guess .