web analytics

Creditable Insight On Peter Kenyon’s Bid – Be Careful What You Wish For

Neil Mitchell is a Geordie who is a former Chairman of the NUST and now lives and works in Dubai and is an occasional writer for the Chronicle.

Neil has an excellent article out today in which he wonders exactly what happened with the BZG bid in the summer – which eventually went nowhere.

There remain many unanswered questions about what really happened with the BZG bid – but it now seems dead in the water

Neil Mitchell has also some interesting commentary and insight about the latest Peter Kenyon led bid backed by money from GACP Capital.

Peter Kenyon – leading a second bid to acquire Newcastle

One other notable item he writes about is about pitiful low commercial revenue – and that Newcastle United are NOT on the list of clubs Adidas is willing to sponsor.

So it seems we will likely remain with PUMA for a while.

Here’s a piece from the article:

“I was informed by someone with ties to Adidas here in the MENA region (Middle East and North Africa region) that Newcastle United are not in the group of teams they will be supporting and is why the Puma deal we have now is genuinely one of the better deals we could get.”

Mitchell is also very wary of the new deal that Peter Kenyon is the lead man pushing for a deal.

If the deal goes through, there will be dividends paid out to execs, interest to be paid on loans, and not much money paid out for transfers.

Also, those terrible SPORTS DIRECT signs that cover St. James’ Park will stay in situ for at least three years.

🙁

And apparently, if we are relegated, there is no additional money available to bolster a quick promotion.

We have been relegated twice (2009, 2016) from the Premier League.

And Newcastle have been promoted straight back in our very first season down below – back as Champions both times.

Another worrying piece from Mitchell’s article:

“Another thing intermediaries are saying – and I really hate to say this – but if the unmentionable happened and we did end up going down again into the Championship then this bid has no finance to bring us back.”

Neil Mitchell’s mantra about the Kenyon bid is to be careful what you ask for.

And even though it’s difficult to believe after 12 years of Mike Ashley running and ruining the club, things could be even worse.

Is that possible?

Fans will not want to hear this.

We have to hope and pray for the best and that some group – maybe not the Kenyon backed group – can buy Newcastle, even before the end of the year.

That would give us some real hope for the future – after 12 long, painful years.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 13, 2019 at 5:09 PM

I said this when it first broke, staged payments, advertisements in place and going nowhere. A deal like this suits only one person with a kickback to Kenyon, if we are relegated it paves the way for Ashley to “buy” us back, lend us some money to get promoted like the knight in shining armour and here we go again.

• toon22

Oct 13, 2019 at 5:31 PM

Yer agreed
    It would mean a sale in name only
    Jabba would make sure we would owe him forever
    Kenyon just being his latest puppet

• toon22

Oct 13, 2019 at 5:33 PM

Suppose it would at least be a new lie
    As the current sale lies looking very tired

It’s a shame the fans are asking parliament to look at Jabbas financial dealings in football and his obvious moves to bypass the fit and proper rules, or having involvement in more than one club

Proper shame that

😉

• Ron Knee

Oct 13, 2019 at 5:34 PM

Gini!

• Bambams

Oct 13, 2019 at 5:41 PM

It could be Kenyon is well backed, keeping his investors out of it which will prevent AshLIE from upping his bid later on during discussions.

As soon as Ash found out the wealth of BZG backing he hiked up the price.

Kenyon will/may have learned from this.

I still think (hope) there are talks ongoing.

• IrishRob

Oct 13, 2019 at 5:42 PM

I only had to read the title and I knew it was Ed’s story.

• Ron Knee

Oct 13, 2019 at 5:43 PM

Second for Gini!

• toon22

Oct 13, 2019 at 5:45 PM

The simple fact is Jabba won’t ever let go of us willingly
    He makes a fortune out of us and gets free adverts

• toon22

Oct 13, 2019 at 5:49 PM

You only have to look at his actions with Rangers to see his true intentions

• JohnJ

Oct 13, 2019 at 5:58 PM

OK Toon 22 here is my offering regarding planning. I’ve removed my personal details from this copy.

13/10/2019

Dear Sir/Madam,

I wish to place on record my objections to the planning application quoted below. This land was purchased for the sole reason of increasing the capacity at St James’ Park the home of Newcastle United Football Club.
    Last season the ground was full for almost all the Premier League games played there and they would have been more folk in the ground had there been enough seats. I accept there have been reduced attendances this season but I’m sure you will all know the reason for that.

Can I quote the words of a famous former player and manager?
    “Don’t ever give up on your club, keep supporting it.”
    “It’s your club and trust me, one day you will get your club back and it will be everything you wanted it to be.”
    “Newcastle United is bigger than anyone.” “It hurts I know but just keep going.”
    “He is only one man. We are a city, a whole population.” “Trust me.”

It is my understanding that this land is now in the hands of people who have no interest whatsoever in the wellbeing of this region and the application is being made only for reasons of financial gain and not for the good or benefit of the people of Newcastle and surrounding areas.

I also note that there is a mention of 204 plus a further 124 residential units bringing the total units to 328. With 70 parking spaces? With a further 20 spaces “to be found” in the Metro parking area. Working on the basis of at least one motor vehicle per residential unit it shows that there is a massive shortfall in parking facilities – somewhere in the region of 218 spaces. However as we all are aware there are many households who have two (or more) cars per “family”

The parking requirements fall well short of what should be catered for.

Another observation, I would like to make, is what about the present users of St. James’ Metro Stn. Where will they park THEIR cars? WOULD this increased number of cars also bring more pollution into the city at a time when we are all trying our best to reduce it?

I also strongly object to the moving of The Sir Bobby Robson Memorial Garden nothing should be undertaken to take away or minimise the memory of that great man.

Kind regards
    John J

2019/0879/01/DET

Application for a mixed use redevelopment of car parks and associated land between Strawberry Place and Gallowgate comprising 204 residential units (Class C3) within
    a building of 21 storeys (AOD 115m), 12,000 sqm of office space (Class B1) within a building of 12 storeys (with roof level plant space) (AOD 100.2m) with 250sqm of ground
    floor commercial space (A1-5/D2) and up to 70 no. parking spaces at basement level, 8,659 sqm hotel (Class C1) providing 200 beds within a building of 13 storeys plus
    basement (AOD 93.5m); and 124 residential units (Class C3) within a building of 10 storeys (AOD 87.1m)with 220 sqm of commercial space and a further 20 no. parking
    spaces in the existing commercial space at the metro station . Proposals include provision of refuse storage, public realm, access and landscape works including the relocation of the Sir Bobby Robson Memorial Garden to Strawberry Place above St James Park Metro Station and a new single storey entrance structure to the existing retail unit within the Metro Station as amended by plans and details submitted 9 October 2019. | Land At Saint James Metro Including Car Parks And Associated Land Between Strawberry Place And Gallowgate Newcastle upon Tyne

• Jib

Oct 13, 2019 at 6:09 PM

John J
    Way too wordy
    And your first 2 paras are totally irrelevant.

• Jib

Oct 13, 2019 at 6:23 PM

Scotland celebrating scoring against a side of amateurs in atrocious conditions like they are playing Brazil

• toon22

Oct 13, 2019 at 6:23 PM

John j

Looks good to me ignore the PR troll

Remember the one I posted had to be short enough for Twitter

• JohnJ

Oct 13, 2019 at 6:34 PM

Jib

Oct 13, 2019 at 6:09 PM

I’m not a legal person so I just wrote about the way I feel personally about this situation.
    We all have different things to offer.

toon22

Oct 13, 2019 at 6:23 PM
    Thanks!
    I’ve sent my “objections” direct by e-mail to ‘planning.control@newcastle.gov.uk’ Hopefully if enough people are “squeaking gates – they will get the oil.”

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 13, 2019 at 6:48 PM

Jiblets,
    You really are a complete ar$whole!

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 13, 2019 at 6:49 PM

Good effort JohnJ, you made the effort. Heart from me.

• toon22

Oct 13, 2019 at 7:00 PM

Your never going to see the PR encourage protests lol

😉

• Genjikai

Oct 13, 2019 at 7:05 PM

John j, everyone

Send your objection on this website.
    Click on the link.

Sign up on website which will take 2 minutes then place your objection on there.
    It should be every too fans duty to do this.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 13, 2019 at 7:09 PM

Genjikai,
    I’ve tweeted that.

• lochinvar

Oct 13, 2019 at 7:16 PM

Stephen Moore – known as the voice of Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy’s Marvin the Paranoid Android – has died aged 81. R.I.P.

• Jib

Oct 13, 2019 at 7:16 PM

JohnJ
    When objecting you don’t leave the opposition any wriggle room
    Their counter argument will be to take your reasonable and fair
    objections in your closing paras and say something along the lines of:-
    So it’s OK to restrict parking and the skyline if it’s NUFC but not
    otherwise –

see where I’m coming from.

With objections you don’t give the developers any ammunition.

Short , sweet and to the point, is the way.

Valid objection to a planning application

Loss of light or overshadowing.
    Overlooking/loss of privacy.
    Visual amenity (but not loss of private view)
    Adequacy of parking/loading/turning.
    Highway safety.
    Traffic generation.
    Noise and disturbance resulting from use.
    Hazardous materials.

• Jib

Oct 13, 2019 at 7:37 PM

JohnJ
    I’m sorry if I came across like an arsehole
    I thought you’d put it up for advice
    I’ve sent many objections for various things in my time.
    One thing I would say
    The link Genji put up , at first sight , would seem to be a good idea
    but believe me , objections from individual’s personal e-mails carry
    much more weight.

• Genjikai

Oct 13, 2019 at 7:41 PM

Jib that link is one official way of objecting.
    You can also write in.
    And email.

If you do the link way it is automatically registered for the world to see.

• Genjikai

Oct 13, 2019 at 7:42 PM

Jib
    I do kind of agree with you though, it needs to be to the point not emotion driven.
    As john says though hes not a lawyer.
    Good job john, good job.
    Standing up for what you think is right.

• dougie

Oct 13, 2019 at 7:47 PM

Kenyon isn’t buying the club and neither is anyone else because it’s not for sale.The parasite trousers millions every year and his tat shops get worldwide exposure for next to nothing.Why on earth would he want to sell.Maybe if someone came along with £400 million he would consider it but nobody’s coming this season because relegation is a real possibility.

• Genjikai

Oct 13, 2019 at 7:48 PM

But i do believe it is a out numbers.
    Write what you feel is right.
    Its your club you are fighting for at the end of the day.

• Jib

Oct 13, 2019 at 7:51 PM

Genji
    I know how local authorities work
    The comments get flagged as objecting and not really
    paid much attention to
    Personal e-mails HAVE to be read and answered
    It’s all about making waves
    (the bigger the better)

• Genjikai

Oct 13, 2019 at 7:57 PM

Fcuk it jib do both.
    Do all.
    Ring them up aswell.

• Jib

Oct 13, 2019 at 8:02 PM

I have
    I’m on their Xmas card list
    😀

• Moonraker15

Oct 13, 2019 at 8:10 PM

Jib
    Re Johnj
    Expert on planning objections are you. Actually, it doesn’t matter if parts are irrelevant and too wordy. I objected before the planning meeting and put in some personal opinions which would be also irrelevant!
    The point is they are only interested in the number of objectors; the probably don’t read the content! The NUST block objection covers all relevant points.
    I imagine you gave the project your blessing as your owner made a few million selling off OUR assets!

• Genjikai

Oct 13, 2019 at 8:11 PM

I would suggest as people are lazy you send one in for your neighbour aswell.
    Heck send your whole street.
    All it needs is a name and an address to object.
    Just a helping hand for people who arnt internet savvy.
    Do your bit

• Jib

Oct 13, 2019 at 8:15 PM

Moonraker15
    Jib
    Expert on planning objections are you.

I’ve done it for years
    When I was a bairn a group of us tried to object to the building
    of Wellbar House because it spoiled the view of SJP

• Jib

Oct 13, 2019 at 8:20 PM

The thing that has been missed by everyone is the applicant
    has to prove that the planned project has to fulfil a need.
    The developer has to show there is a pressing demand for their
    proposed enterprise.

• toon22

Oct 13, 2019 at 8:45 PM

Odd aint it JIB

“In my view the proposed use of the land is in no way required to be situated in that location.”

You picked up on that line of the generic email i posted

Funny how you didnt like it, wasnt it

• toon22

Oct 13, 2019 at 8:46 PM

Add another string to JIBs bow

LMFAO

• toon22

Oct 13, 2019 at 8:47 PM

Genjikai

Its best to keep it legit , as they may follow up on said objections

• toon22

Oct 13, 2019 at 8:55 PM

Dont forget to email your local MP
    Get it done

It will hurt Jabba directly
    The land is important but neither he or the club owns the land anymore

• Jib

Oct 13, 2019 at 8:58 PM

toon22
    You misunderstand
    Your sentiment was fine
    Your English is childish – “required” is nonsensical

• toon22

Oct 13, 2019 at 9:02 PM

Fair enough

• Munster Mag

Oct 13, 2019 at 9:02 PM

So jail now that you have forced your weak mind to digest the article would you prefer mikey or kenyon?