web analytics

Player Out On Loan Does Not Want Newcastle Return

Achraf Lazaar almost certainly has no future at Newcastle. The Moroccan who was signed in the summer of 2016 has made only 10 appearances since joining Newcastle.

In fact, he has also only made 15 appearances in his 3 loan spells.

Lazaar is currently on loan at Serie B side Cosenza where has played only a total of 83 minutes over 2 appearances.

Sport Witness have published some comments Lazaar made in the Italian press in which he basically closes the curtain on playing in England again.

This is what the 27-year-old had to say about his future:

“Staying at Newcastle would have been like finishing my football career. I would have only been thinking of money, and my parents taught me that a career comes before money. Football is my life.

“I want to come back as big as I was before going to Newcastle.

“My agent De Fanti, as well as my mental coach Civitarese, were very close to me in a delicate period and together we chose Cosenza. I was one of the leaders at Palermo and ended up on the bench at Newcastle: it’s not easy, especially mentally.

“Last year I played six months at Sheffield (Wednesday), I wanted to go back to Italy, at home, so I chose Cosenza.

“I don’t have to prove anything to anyone in England. I want to be the best for myself. I want to stay in Italy. Italy raised me, made me feel important. The English experience made me become a man.”

His contract with Newcastle will still have another year to run when he returns from his latest loan spell.

With him having trouble getting on the pitch for Cosenza, it is highly unlikely that Newcastle will be able to sell the 27-year-old in the summer. Unless he can drastically change his fortunes in Italy.

This will mean that Newcastle will be right back where they have been for the past few years with Lazaar. A senior player on the books who is nowhere near good enough for the Premier League.

• Scythe For Bruce

Oct 18, 2019 at 9:39 PM

Sorry Lazaar, if you’re not getting playing time at Cosenza, then you can’t be that good. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that you become as ‘big’ of a player as you were before you came to the Toon.

Oct 18, 2019 at 9:44 PM

Good luck to him wherever he ends up. If he doesn’t want to come back here, then he needs to pull his finger out and do enough to earn a move. If he has only managed 83 minutes so far, then I’m pretty certain he will be coming back to Newcastle.

It has been a real strange fall for him, he was doing well at Palermo, that he didn’t adjust to England is fair enough, but surely he should be showing more on loan, particularly in the loans back to Italy. Is it just confidence, or was his Palermo form just a purple patch and him overperforming?

• IrishRob

Oct 18, 2019 at 9:55 PM

Along with not being very good he seems a touch deluded also. SERIE B is like playing in league 1.

Oct 18, 2019 at 10:01 PM

Jail,
    Hahaha, you should have told her this was your chance to prove to her you’ve changed and become a better man for the experience!!

• jane

Oct 18, 2019 at 10:14 PM

• stan anderson

Oct 18, 2019 at 10:33 PM

It beats me how anyone can possibly believe that Bruce is fit enough to sit in Rafa,s seat.Munster,Jib,Bills,Son etc..They are really keen on the ex Mackem who has no success as a manager/coach.Why is that?

• toon22

Oct 18, 2019 at 10:45 PM

stan anderson

Makes you wonder, don it

😉

• stan anderson

Oct 18, 2019 at 10:47 PM

Someone on a previous thread said Bolton had had it rough,FFS. what about Bury,they are gone from the Football League,due to some sh–e owner who did,nt give a toss about the football club.Sound familiar does it.

• toon22

Oct 18, 2019 at 10:49 PM

JIB

By any chance do you post elsewhere with the name

“Pezza” ?

😉

• jane

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:04 PM

Stan i agree Bruce is not in the same league as Rafa but just for the record he has had a reasonable amount of success as a manager, more than i realised if this is correct.

“He twice led Birmingham to promotion to the Premier League during his tenure of nearly six years”

“he was appointed manager of Hull City and led the club to two promotions to the Premier League, as well as the 2014 FA Cup Final”

and kept Sunderland in the Premier league i believe which must have been an achievement.

• Genjikai

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:06 PM

Which bloggers are in the USA?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:06 PM

stan

That was me and it was cos the Bolton changing rooms were mentioned but I agree re. Bury they’re also getting a sh!tty deal from their fellow clubs at the moment.

Reminds me of Gateshead when they were dumped out the league 1st time of asking by the fellow clubs.

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:07 PM

I don’t think I’ve seen a single person say they prefer Bruce to Rafa. I may be wrong, and if I am, then I whole heartedly agree that I can’t see or understand where anyone with that viewpoint could possibly be coming from.

I didn’t want Bruce, but he is here and the manager, so I’m going to give him the same set of standards to live up to as any manager of our club.

That he shouldn’t be manager is by the by. That isn’t a reason to criticise him, that’s an Ashley thing that has been prevalent throughout his ownership, where he doesn’t employ the right people in the right roles, especially on the football side.

I’d say Rafa, Winskill and Dawson are probably the best appointments on the football side under Ashley. One approached the club, and was probably not on the radar if he hadn’t. 2 were allowed to leave the club before coming back. They shouldn’t have had to leave to move up at the club, but people were above them who shouldn’t have been.

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:10 PM

Bruce has been pretty much par for the course overall, but such drastic ups and downs make it far more polarised than if we had the same points but more even performances and results over the season.

We’ve had everything from atrocious to excellent so far, and Bruce needs to find a balance on between that sees us consistently play okay to well, with the extremes being the one offs.

• Genjikai

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:13 PM

Are we really pinning our hopes on andy carroll scoring the goals to keep us up?
    Like i love him and want him to score bucket loads.
    And i know hell put 100 percent in.
    But are we really pinning our hopes on Carroll to score the goals to keep us in the prem?

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:15 PM

I do understand the reasons people have a go at Bruce, as he joined knowing the majority of how it was run, I doubt he knew the full picture, but that isn’t really important.

Reality is though, everytime we complain about Bruce just being here amd it not being Rafa is focus taken away from why he is here. That is Ashley. Give Bruce the same chance any manager gets to prove himself, criticise selections and tactics after games, focus on specifics – as we have always done with any manager. But when it is just because he isn’t Rafa, have a think and redirect that at the person who has made these same decisions throughout his tenure.

• NY Mag

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:16 PM

Genji,

I will answer that question tomorrow 🙂

I just got My first (and only) email from NUST a few hours ago……typical politicians, only contact you when they want your vote.

• toon22

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:19 PM

Jane

The traitor is the 2nd worst manager in prem history, and is well on his way to the top spot

• toon22

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:21 PM

Lilongwe Geordie

The traitor was dragged in due to them not being able to find anyone else willing to work with Jabba
    Nobody fancied being mugged off and made a fool of by him

He represents everything thats wrong with the club

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:23 PM

Genji,
    We have to pin them somewhere? I’d wager Andy would outscore all our other players (except maybe Scahaar) if they all had the same amount of game time.

Granted, Joelinton would probably have to not play again for Andy to manage even close to the minutes Joe has played so far.

The signing was desparation, and trying to play to the fans. We all know it, yet I can’t imagine any of us don’t get that little surge of excitement when we see him come on.

A striker has to be signed in January, too much for Joe, and too many minutes to be played for Andy. Not sure who we could go for right now, that would suit, budget (I mean how much we have, although budget in the sense of cheap is probably correct as well), league position and desparation make it hard to think of anyome of the cuff.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:27 PM

I agree with Lilongwe, I don’t think anyone prefers SB to Rafa, I don’t recall any one actually saying that although there’s a few on the blog who want to think that and will happily twist comments to make it appear so.

I despair at times at some of the sh!te people chuck at people incorrectly, don’t suppose it’s going to stop anytime soon however!

• stan anderson

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:29 PM

I did put a post on here saying in my opinion Jib is Jane visa versa,but it failed to show.?

• Genjikai

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:30 PM

Lilo
    I dont mean it in that way.
    I hope carroll well, hope he does score the goals we need. As atm i just cant see them.
    What i mean was this the right way to do things?
    Sadly it is just standard business practice under ashley.

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:32 PM

22,
    I doubt he was the only one willing to work under Ashley, but I get your point. Again though, is that not something to level at Ashley, rather than him?

He’s here, I want the team to do well, and I’ll criticise when I think it is deserved, amd praise when it is deserved. He is here cause of one man, and rather than criticising Bruce with generalities and not being Rafa, focus on why Ashley continually employs people on the football side that are not good enough for the role they are charged with.

After all, he is the only manager in the clubs history to have been at one point, the most expensive manager in the world with regards to compensation! Possibly the most incomprehensible fact I think I know at this present moment.

• stan anderson

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:32 PM

Like what we post on here is gonna make a blind bit of difference,

• jane

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:35 PM

Bruce has 2 big things going for him

inheriting Rafa’s team

the Longstaffs

if he plays his cards right these factors should enable him to get by for a while.

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:36 PM

Genji,
    Sorry, I didn’t mean to suggest you don’t hope he does well. I think we all do. Again, I doubt anyome thinks this was how it should have gone. It was a gamble by the club to pull fans back with an emotional tug of the heart strings. In a way, they were right, but they failed to really appreciate the chasm that was between the board/owner/those not on the board but with Ashleys ear.

Not sure about it being standard business practice mind. Think it was more a hopeful gamble.

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:40 PM

Jane,
    I think inheriting Rafa’s team has been a hindrance to him in making decisions. The Longstaffs will only buy him so much. A continuation of polar opposite displays will see more go against him than for him. 5 or 6 more games where it is 2/3rds atrocious 1/3rd good will start to see a lot of those willing to give him a chance start to change their minds.

• Genjikai

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:42 PM

Nymag
    Check your spam they have sent out quite alot in the last few weeks.

• stan anderson

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:43 PM

We had our chance to move on with Rafa,but Ashlie does.nt want to move on.Suck it and see.

• jane

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:43 PM

the 2 worst displays at Norwich and Leicester were because he changed the system. i think if he sticks to the way we played against Spurs and Man U that will also buy him time.

• NY Mag

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:46 PM

Genji,

Not to me mate – i check my “spam” folders every day 🙂

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:48 PM

Out of interest, and mainly cause I watched Cardiff Wednesday tonight, would people have been happier with Garry Monk, who replaced Bruce?

Messaged a couple of old Uni mates who are Wednesday fans through the game, and they said Monk plays better/prettier football, but Bruce had the experience to get results from games loke tonight and was willing to sacrifice style for points.

Both said too early to say who they preferred (based solely on their results at Wednesday)

It is an utterly irrelevant, theoretical question. So feel free to ignore.

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:49 PM

NY,
    I think I’ve had 7/8 from them in the past month or so…

• NY Mag

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:52 PM

LG,

Interesting…I’ve never had a single email from them since I joined, apart from the one I got today to vote

• NY Mag

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:53 PM

Which BTW didn’t go to any spam folder and came straight to my inbox

• jane

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:54 PM

Wednesday played better football than Cardiff for sure but they were very naive the way they gave so many stupid fouls away (22 this match and most in the Championship this season).

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:56 PM

NY,
    If you only joined recently, a few were for old members about switching to the new set up online, so there’s 2 or 3 that you may not have got.

Maybe just an admin thing and they’ve finally got up to date with the influx of new members, as well as the change over.

At least you are getting them now!!

• jane

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:57 PM

i didn’t like the way Lee Tomlin slyly hit one of the Wednesday players and the way he won the freekick from which he scored Cardiff’s goal. his card is marked in my book!