web analytics

Newcastle Target Opens Up On Uncertain Future

Jarrod Bowen added to his season tally with his sixth goal this past weekend against QPR. It brought his goal total to an astonishing 43 in all competitions since breaking into the Hull City first team at the start of the 2017-18 season.

Bowen has been linked with a move to Newcastle ever since it was revealed that scouts were watching him this preseason. Nothing came of the links as Newcastle were reportedly scared off by the £20m price tag Hull had placed on the 22-year-old.

The right-winger’s contract is due to expire this summer, but Hull have an option to extend it to 2021. We have heard precious little from the player on what his plans are beyond that. With Newcastle’s interest reportedly still very much intact, it’s thought a move for Jarrod this winter is a real possibility.

Jarrod Bowen– future still in doubt

On Monday, Bowen opened up about his uncertain future at Hull City. HullLive have published the following comments from him:

“If I leave, I leave, if I don’t, I am loving it here. What will be, will be. I have just got to keep my head down, I have got agents that take care of all of that.

“I am playing football so I am not surprised that I didn’t leave. It is out of my hands what happens off the pitch, I have just got to (perform) on the pitch.”

Bowen does not reveal too much in these comments. It seems that he is concentrating on his football at the moment. However, he does not give a firm commitment to Hull either.

Bowen went on to talk about his contract situation and the likelihood that Hull triggers the extension to 2021:

“It’s their decision, what they do with my contract is entirely up to them.

“Until anything changes, I am here playing my football and my loyalties are here, so I am loving it here.

“I can’t change anything that happens, I have just got to take each day as it comes and focus on myself on and off the pitch and make myself ready for every game that comes up and play to the best of my ability.”

This is the right attitude from the player. Right now any winter move is just speculation and it’s best he continue putting in performances for Hull.

He was the subject of a move £12m to Cardiff last January but opted against leaving. He later explained that the situation with Emiliano Sala, who tragically died in a plane crash while traveling to Cardiff in January, made him uncomfortable with the move.

All indications point to Bowen being Newcastle’s number one target this winter. With Hull City not likely to make a promotion push this season, we would expect Jarrod to be very interested in a move to Newcastle if a bid comes in for him.

• Assassins Inc

Oct 22, 2019 at 1:46 PM

Looking at the teams above us one thing comes to mind, like Sheffield Wednesday sitting in the top 10.

Most play with two forwards, the thing for me is if the manager cannot figure out how to make this work then he needs own up and leave and we can get someone more technically minded into the club.
    It’s simple, we don’t score enough goals, Bruce figure it out or get of the pot, let someone that can figure it out and give them enough time to help us.

• Jib

Oct 22, 2019 at 1:49 PM

No “NEXT” button on previous article

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 22, 2019 at 1:56 PM

Aye, he’s going to be rushing to sign up for another long slog of a relegation battle.

• lesh

Oct 22, 2019 at 2:06 PM

Jiblets

You defend Ashley by saying ‘he acknowledged his neglect [of Shirebrook working conditions] and sacked the agency that
    was providing his casual labour’

So you’re trying to suggest it wasn’t SD that imposed such horrendous conditions on the personnel supplied by the agency he sacked? Surely you should know that it’s the host employer that dictates hours of work, rules etc. An agency provides contracted staff, subject to its rules and those of the host.

In trying to defend Ashley at every turn, you’re doing nothing to help what little credibility you have.

• martoon

Oct 22, 2019 at 2:12 PM

Jib @2 – There is now 😉

• RobLeenio

Oct 22, 2019 at 2:13 PM

one fine day “Maybe some Geordie kid used to make him hand over his dinner money?”

Just by looking at Ashley you can see he’s never gone hungry in his life

😉

• Jib

Oct 22, 2019 at 2:16 PM

lesh
    Stating facts without any spin on them
    (I know , it’s a strange concept for you)
    is neither defending nor criticising.

• martoon

Oct 22, 2019 at 2:16 PM

On topic I think he neatly dodged the question by laying it at the door of his agent. Surely the agent works for him (not the other way around) so he either instructs them to negotiate extending his contract or get them to find the best deal they can at another club!

• hibbit

Oct 22, 2019 at 2:34 PM

martoon
    if there’s a 12 month option in place the balls still firmly in hulls court,

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 22, 2019 at 2:41 PM

Last nights U23 winning team if anyone is interested!

Newcastle United Under-23s: Dan Langley, Lewis Cass (c), Oisín McEntee, Ludwig Francillette, Oliver Walters, Jamie Sterry, Tom Allan, Jack Young (Josh Scott 88), Mo Sangare, Victor Fernández (Kyle Scott 75), Luke Charman.

Subs not used: Jake Turner, Joe White, Elliot Anderson.

• Scythe For Bruce

Oct 22, 2019 at 2:46 PM

Ludwig Francillette – now there’s a name. We don’t have enough Ludwigs in the Premier League. Get him into the first team based on his name alone.

• toon22

Oct 22, 2019 at 2:51 PM

Can you see how some people always claim it’s never Jabbas fault

• martoon

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:07 PM

hibbit @9 – Yeah theoretically but you know what it’s like these days – if the player wants to leave then he’ll push for it. So extending his contract just means they’ll get a bigger transfer fee – which is what I meant when I said it’s really up to him to decide not the agent.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:12 PM

Scythe,
    On the subject of Ludwigs, when I was an apprentice I was working with a guy who introduced himself as Lud, well he had massive ears so I thought he’d just come to terms with the fact and accepted his nickname over the years. Well after about the fourth time I called him Lug he snapped and told me it was Lud. One (or both, can’t remember) parents were Czech 😮
    Nowhere near as interesting as Jibs story about sitting so close to the Barcelona and Spain captain while telling jokes about grapes but that’s a symptom of mine being true!

• The next Mike Williamson

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:12 PM

I doubt we’ll spend money on the young scottish lad as Charnley said we will focus on north east lads to give local kids a chance (and they cost nothing). it’s a bit like saying we’re not going to buy any good players because we want to give shit players a chance. there are great english/ british players coming through all over the place at the moment. we should have invested 10 years ago and we’d be reaping the benefits now.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:13 PM

*short for Ludwig

• The next Mike Williamson

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:16 PM

EGB,
    Any idea how Kyle Scott has been doing in reserves? I’m surprised to see he was on the bench. Thought he’d be our star at that level.

• Ron Knee

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:16 PM

Eric Clapton stood on my foot.

• G

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:21 PM

I got called a ‘W@nker’ by Randy Mamola, who then asked me what it meant?

• RobLeenio

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:24 PM

I nearly got in a fight with Brian Harvey of East 17 in Manchester Airport

• The next Mike Williamson

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:25 PM

Toon22
    Some people ALWAYS think it’s NEVER Jabbas fault.
    Most of us bleed black and white, but you go one further and even think in black and white.
    🙂

• martoon

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:48 PM

Jail @14 – At least you didn’t call him Dumbo 😀

• lochinvar

Oct 22, 2019 at 4:19 PM

The next Mike Williamson
    Don’t call me a a symbologist I can compute for myself